Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Lemon-Garlic Roast Chicken

Amarante

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 1:55 pm
This is another blast from my past recipe. I haven't made this for awhile - Unbelievable Chicken kind of replaced it for me as my go to effortless chicken recipe but this is so good.

This is from an older Weight Watcher Cookbook which actually had some really good healthy recipes. I used to make other recipes from that book but haven't for awhile. I am going to have to pull out the book and see what tempts me now. Smile

Lemon-Garlic Roast Chicken

Original Source: WW Take Out Tonight

Gracie: If you could only make one chicken recipe before you DIE, this would be the one! This chicken is the best I've had in ages... I am rating it a 21 on a scale of 1 to 10.

Ingredients:

1/4 cup fresh lemon juice

1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided

3 cloves garlic, minced (I used 4 really huge ones)

1 teaspoon oregano

1/2 teaspoon marjoram

3/4 teaspoon salt, divided

1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

4 skinless, bone-in chicken breasts (I'm sure it would be fine with boneless too)

1 pound small red potatoes, quartered (I used the teeniest ones in the bag of baby reds and left them whole)

1/2 cup water

Method:

Preheat oven to 425 F

Combine the lemon juice, 1 T. of the oil, the garlic, oregano, marjoram, 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper in a large bowl (I used a ziploc). Add the chicken, tossing well to coat and marinate 20 minutes (I marinated for 3 hours all day and I think it improved the flavor and texture)

I didn’t make with a rack - I lined the roasting pan with tin foil - added the potatoes and then added the chicken to the top of the potatoes. Since I used skinless chicken breasts there was minimal fat so I didn’t think the rack was necessary

Meanwhile, combine the remaining 1/2 T. oil, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper in a medium bowl. Add the potatoes and toss well to coat. Place a wire rack in the center of a large roasting pan. Arrange the potatoes around the rack and roast 20 minutes.

Remove the chicken from the marinade, reserve marinade. Remove the potatoes from the oven and plate the chicken on the wire rack. Add the water to the reserved marinade and pour over the chicken and potatoes.

Roast chicken and potatoes 20 minutes and baste with the pan juices. Return the pan to the oven and roast until the internal temperature is 170 F. (I didn't need the last 20 minutes, my chicken pieces were done. The potatoes were done, too, since they were small.)

Nutritional Info: Per Serving (4 servings): 273 Calories; 7g Fat (22.2%
calories from fat); 30g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 485mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey