Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
HARISSA CHICKEN & CHICKPEA BAKE (Sheet Pan Dinner)

Amarante

Post Wed, Apr 19 2023, 1:06 pm
This was easy - I did use boneless skinless chicken thighs because I think that they stand up to being roasted in this way and also I made a larger amount and dark meat is better reheated than breasts.

I did up the quantity of marinade and veggies

HARISSA CHICKEN & CHICKPEA BAKE

SERVES 4

Excerpt From: Liz Tschiesche and Jenny;Franklin - Sheet Pan Dinners

Succulent spicy chicken and soft melt-in-the-mouth chickpeas, this is a protein-rich meal that feels rather more luxurious than the ingredients would tell us otherwise.

500 g/1 lb. 2 oz. skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 4-cm/1½-in. pieces
1 courgette/zucchini, sliced into 5 mm/¼-in. rounds
1 onion, cut into 16 slices
2 large, flat mushrooms, thickly sliced
1 teaspoon olive oil
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 x 400-g/14-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed

for the marinade

1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
1½ teaspoons harissa spice mix
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon sea salt

Preheat the oven to 220˚C (425˚F) Gas 7.

First make the marinade. Mix the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl. Put the chopped chicken in the bowl with the marinade and stir to coat. Set aside.

Place the courgette/zucchini, onion and mushrooms on a sheet pan with sides, drizzle over the olive oil and sprinkle over the salt. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, stirring once during baking.

Add the marinated chicken and the marinade to the sheet pan and give everything a good stir. Bake for about 15 minutes more until the chicken is cooked. Check the chicken to see if it is cooked. If not, leave it in the oven for a little longer.

Finally, stir in the chickpeas and place back in the oven for a couple of minutes to warm through. Serve immediately.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey