Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Formula Feeding
Did you nurse or use formula?
1  2  3  Next

Nurse or formula
Exclusively nursed for 6 months or more  
 58%  [ 142 ]
Exclusively used formula  
 22%  [ 55 ]
Combo fed  
 18%  [ 45 ]
Total Votes : 242

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 9:30 pm
Survey

amother
Ultramarine

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 9:32 pm
Baby 1 had a hard time nursing so was formula fed.
Baby 2 nursing but 1 bottle per day.
Baby 3 nursing with 1 bottle a day for 6 miserable months till I switched him to formula and he was a different child bh.

amother
Lily

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 9:33 pm
I clicked combo fed because that's what I did for my most recent kid, but my first couldn't tolerate the lactose in mothers milk and needed formula only.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 9:34 pm
I did combo fed but it was really majority formula. Only nursed for about 2 months and only a few feedings a day

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 9:35 pm
Didn't respond because each was different!
Baby 1 started with combination and then moved to only nursing
Baby 2 only nursing
Baby 3 only nursing
Baby 4 and 5 only nursing but then wasn't gaining so supplemented with formula
ETA even when I did do formula, once they started solids, we stopped formula but I nursed until first or second trimester of next baby.

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 9:38 pm
Nursed (and pumped) for all 3 of my kids. However, for the first two they had used formula rarely (if I didnt leave enough milk with husband etc, was only a few times). Most recent I was BH able to build up a large supply so he hasn't had any formula. He was born during the shortage so there wasn't any formula even if I wanted. Since I BH could pump I decided to leave all the formula for those who couldn't pump/nurse or whose baby couldn't tolerate it.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 9:39 pm
Never once nursed. Formula only.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 9:41 pm
Nursed for a few months then switched to formula. So grateful for formula! Nursing is not for me.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 9:53 pm
Nursed all four kids for over a year. Used formula with one of them, for a few days when I had to take an 11-day business trip and the pumped milk ran out. He was already nearly a year old by that point and eating a lot of solids anyway.

amother
Anemone

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 10:18 pm
amother Aubergine wrote:
Nursed for a few months then switched to formula. So grateful for formula! Nursing is not for me.

Me, too. I always start nursing and do my best, but eventually my babies all become formula fed.

I’m feeling disappointed because I just had to introduce formula to my newborn, much earlier than I wanted to. But she wasn’t gaining weight and it was important for me to supplement. I hope my supply won’t drop too drastically yet.

I just have to remind myself that fed is best. I felt terrible that she was not getting enough from me. She must have been starving Sad

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 10:23 pm
exclusively formula-fed. I tried to BF each baby but it didn't work out. It was disappointing but I've made peace with it and BH my kids are doing well, so no regrets in that department.

essie14

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 11:51 pm
Didn't have enough supply so had to nurse and supplement with formula.

amother
Burntblack

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 11:57 pm
EP for 10 kids, till about 6 or 7 months. I go back to work at 6 weeks so pumping is the way.then I switch to whatever formula

amother
Mayflower

Post Mon, Mar 06 2023, 12:00 am
Realized very early on that I don’t have enough bre*st tissue to hold more than a bit of milk..so yeh..my babies are all formula fed. I do put them on to my bre*st for the first few weeks , so they can get whatever drops they can get.

Every time I have a newborn, it hurts again that I can’t give them moms milk. But I’m so grateful for formula. Happy, healthy, fed baby is best!

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Mar 06 2023, 12:35 am
My first got a handful of formula bottles in the first couple weeks. But since then it’s been nursing only for 5 kids kah.

amother
Midnight

Post Mon, Mar 06 2023, 12:43 am
This thread is here to make feel not guilty. I tried to exclusively bf till 3 months and till 4 months I cried every time I gave a bottle cuz baby didn’t want me. Now bh she is gour months and cuz I give her formula willingly she gets so excited for every nursing session. In the end I have a happy baby an she has a rested happy mommy.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Mar 06 2023, 12:47 am
Exclusively nursed 2 for an over a year. And exclusively pumped and bottle fed breastmilk for a year for another one who couldn’t latch. Never used formula for any of my kids.

amother
Daffodil

Post Mon, Mar 06 2023, 5:18 am
I nursed my first baby for nearly 10 months.

The first few weeks were torture.
I cried and cried and didnt know the basics.
She was in the ICU and wouldnt latch on.
I felt like the biggest failure and thought formula was a no no.
Even once she got the hang of it , I was never able to feed in public.
I wish I would have had an open mind.
I wish I would have had more info.
I wish I wouldnt have felt any stigma then.
I was a hormonal mess.
Young, naive and bruised and battered from a crazy first birth.

Second baby I tried for 2 weeks and then switched to formula.
It was one of the hardest and best decision of my life. Really.

Third baby I exclusively formula fed and everything about the birth and later weeks was a breeze bh.
I got clean very quickly and never felt the whole hormonal mess I did the other times.

gootlfriends

Post Mon, Mar 06 2023, 6:18 am
The formula they sell these days is safe and healthy. No one should feel guilty. Nursed my first 2, pumped a little for 3rd and 4th and then formula. They seemed ok with it.

amother
Geranium

Post Mon, Mar 06 2023, 6:27 am
I’m obsessive about nursing, but that’s a me thing. I nursed 7- had lots of bumps along the way.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Formula Feeding