Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days
What can I do with slivovitz plum brandy?

tweety1

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 9:24 am
Recipes appreciated. Tia

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 9:33 am
Pour into glass drink.
Nibble on some sponge cake
Repeat.

tweety1

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 9:38 am
amother Seafoam wrote:
Pour into glass drink.
Nibble on some sponge cake
Repeat.

No. Not me. Dh likes to make kiddush shabbos morning on liquor but not this. Looking to use it up.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 9:39 am
tweety1 wrote:
No. Not me. Dh likes to make kiddush shabbos morning on liquor but not this. Looking to use it up.

It was a weak stab at humor but a guess the joke flopped

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 9:54 am
Make a rum cake or rum balls
Serve at the Seuda

tweety1

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 9:59 am
amother Seafoam wrote:
It was a weak stab at humor but a guess the joke flopped

I figured so Smile . But I'm serious on using it up. Don't want this to turn into a purim thread. After I get my recipes you're more than welcome for now I need something to bake or cook with it.

NechaMom

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 10:02 am
tweety1 wrote:
I figured so Smile . But I'm serious on using it up. Don't want this to turn into a purim thread. After I get my recipes you're more than welcome for now I need something to bake or cook with it.

I don’t think any recipe calls for enough liquor to use it up.
How many rum cakes would you be willing to bake?
I’d place it on a Purim Seuda table. If you won’t have takers give it to someone who’s having lots of company at their meal.

amother
Canary

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 11:10 am
pour it down the sink. it clears the drain beautifully
in my opinion not fit for anything else.

amother
Aster

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 11:38 am
If you have a recipe for vodka cake - it’s a bundt cake made with amaretto and vodka - or any other recipe that uses vodka you can use the slivovitz.
Taste a drop on your fingertip. It shouldn’t have any sweetness just a strong alcohol taste. There’s a fake version that’s sweet and that unfortunately will just be good for clearing your drain as suggested.

zaq

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 12:28 pm
Use it in lieu of part or all of the liquid in chocolate cake. Some of the alcohol will evaporate during baking, but not all, so beware. Add a shot to hot cocoa or coffee, preferably not accompanied by the drunken chocolate cake.

To get rid of more alcohol, use it instead of the liquid in a long-cooking stew. Use a wide, shallow pot and cook, uncovered, for two hours or more, and stir often. Longer cooking, lack of a cover, stirring, and using a wider pot all facilitate evaporation. But even after 2-1/2 hours, about 5% of the alcohol may remain.

If you wish to get rid of the alcohol entirely, pour the brandy into a spirit lamp and use it to keep food hot at a buffet.

zaq

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 12:29 pm
If I had liquor I didn't want, I'd bring the bottle to shul for kiddush and leave it there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days