Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Bowel movement

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 3:52 pm
My daughter is trained and has no problems with going number one. When she had to have a bowel movement she says I need the bathroom and we go and few seconds later says it’s not coming. This goes on every few minutes for a long time until it’s basically coming out. Any suggestions? It’s very hard since she’s constantly saying she needs to go but gives up after a few seconds if it doesn’t come. I’ve tried distracting her and having her sit on the toilet for longer but it’s not working.
Thank you

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 4:52 pm
How old is she?

How long has she been trained?
How long has this been happening, as in how does she actually end up going?

My son is recently trained, I literally sat with him for aages reading stories, books, talking etc.
Wed plan what we would do while he is on the toilet...

And big bribes for no2.

I totally get you though.
Its so draining. Thats how my son did it originally, would hold it in for so long and keep going for a min here and there, until eventually he just had to make right then!

Bh I didnt beleive it would get better, but been going v well now.
He still does push off a bit actually going, but once he goes and sits hes very quick bh.

Keep going, youl get there.

amother
Acacia

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 4:59 pm
#2 is always much harder when toilet training. My 2 1/2 yr old goes #1 only on the toilet, but still goes #2 in his underwear.
I give him miralax every other day so he's not able to hold it in. Because once they do, it's a bad cycle when they hold and then they become constipated and then it hurts so then they hold etc etc..
Eventually they do get it!

BrisketBoss

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 5:02 pm
How's her poop consistency and pooping posture? (We want all soft well formed poops and a squatting position. For adults too--use a footstool.)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 11:37 pm
Thanx, she’s over three and has been trained for about three weeks. She’s not constipated. Even when I sit with her and keep her on the toilet it doesn’t come. She only goes as it is literally coming out, like her underwear is already little dirty.

amother
Daylily

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 3:57 am
I am also really struggling with my son. He has never been constipated and since I have toilet trained him in August, it has really messed him up. At first he only wanted to make in his diaper and then he stopped and holds it in for 5 days, after 2 days he starts saying it hurts him but he is too scared to let go. It it extremely difficult and I don't know what's going to be!
I have to encourage him to push literally like he is in labour but if he has only held it in for 2 days then it is still soft but he is still so scared. He says that he doesn't like making.
Recently I tried some senna tea which is a herbal bowl stimulant and it works if he is a few days in and is holding it in.
He is over 3 and at this point I am still trying to get his confidence back into making in diapers and then change to toilet.
Bh he hold it in too well so he doesn't have any accidents during the day.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 4:53 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanx, she’s over three and has been trained for about three weeks. She’s not constipated. Even when I sit with her and keep her on the toilet it doesn’t come. She only goes as it is literally coming out, like her underwear is already little dirty.

3 weeks is still really short time.

My son was still doing this for a while.

I tried so hard to get him to relax on the toilet and wed so something fun like copying voices, reading story w sound effects.

Its really draining, I really feel for you.
My son is also over 3...

Its good at least that she is eventually going.

My son would hold it in for so long, Sometimes I could tell because there was a smell. Sorry Tmi. And then Id literally just bribe and bribe and TELL him were going and wed sit and sit.
It kept happening until eventually hed make because he couldnt hold it in anymore.

I really think it takes time...
I wish you lots of luck , I know it took soo much out of me.
.hatzlocho.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 4:56 am
P.s I litcant beleive Im writing here giving advice.

A couple weeks ago, I was the one posting desparately here.

It really really does take time.

salt

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 5:58 am
amother OP wrote:

Have patience.
Let her go when it's just about coming out. You'll just have to change her underwear a little more often that you might like but that's all.
After a while she'll learn to regulate it better.
Do you have to take her or can she go by herself? If she can go by herself, just let her get on and off as often as she needs. Let her be her own boss.
She's not holding it in if it's eventually coming out, and she's not constipated.
So that's great. I think it just needs a bit more time.

(If it's completely coming out in her underwear and she doesn't get back to the bathroom in time, then I take back this advice)

amother
Celeste

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 6:33 pm
I bumped into this now. I'm wondering why nobody suggested glycerin suppositories?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training