Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Needlework and Sewing
Needlepoints

R.S.

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 10:26 am
If anyone on this forum does needlepoints, I'd be interested to know whether you would recommend using Scotch Guard when framing without any glass protection.

shanie5

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 4:02 pm
When framing I prefer non glare glass. Would scotch guard would keep it dust free?
A lot would also depend on where you plan to hang it.

R.S.

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 4:16 pm
It's a crewel, so I'd prefer to Scotch Guard it, since a glass would flatten the raised stitching. I'm not sure, though, whether Scotch Guard could damage the work, or whether it would protect it.

zaq

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 4:18 pm
I would use nonglare glass. I thought ScotchGuard was banned because of its carcinogenic ingredients, but if the formula has changed and you insist on framing without glass, then I would Scotchguard. Several items that were gifted to me some years ago are filthy. To me it makes zero sense to take something you can't clean and frame it in a way that leaves it open to the air 24/7.

R.S.

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 4:23 pm
Thanks. I'll look into the safety of this product before purchasing.

shanie5

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 4:33 pm
Non glare glass won't work for crewel. But regular glass will. I've done that.

R.S.

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 4:35 pm
That's interesting. Thanks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Needlework and Sewing