Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
So called influencers

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 21 2022, 10:13 am
Don't you feel bad for so called influencer that are clearly lacking social skills and are limited in some ways. People follow only to have what to make fun of and I feel so sorry. Where are husbands, family and friends to allow them to make fun of themselves publicly? It's so upsetting that thosecoae allow the craziness to flourish and continue.

It's like flaunting your parent with dementia IMO. May be harsh comparison.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Dec 21 2022, 10:27 am
I'm not sure who you mean. But I follow someone who seems a bit limited, but I find her so adorable so I follow! Not to make fun

Phoebe31

Post Wed, Dec 21 2022, 10:30 am
Yes, I do feel bad for them and cannot understand why anyone would follow them. Regarding their husband or family members 'letting them' what exactly are they supposed to do about it? Tell them their socially off? Aside from the fact that most of the time their family members are socialy off as well, don't forget, Autism and processing issues are genetic. In order to get help, they need to realize there is something wrong and get diagnosed.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Dec 21 2022, 10:50 am
I don't follow anyone frum online but I find this interesting. In the secular world it's normal to be open about limitations and being autistic these days.

amother
Carnation

Post Wed, Dec 21 2022, 11:05 am
I came across a frum “influencer” who is so childish and behaves like a married teenager, I follow her simply because it’s entertaining to watch her and it lightens my mood.

But I kind of feel bad for her. She feels so good about herself that she has many followers but I follow her solely because her posts and reels are so weird and foolish it’s entertaining! 🤷‍♀️
And I know I’m not the only one.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Dec 21 2022, 11:08 am
I actually find the judgment interesting. It's refreshing to see women be confident in their feelings, and put themselves out there. As a society, we tend to critique other women very harshly. Kudos to the people around them that dont limit their outlets.

amother
Catmint

Post Wed, Dec 21 2022, 11:15 am
I think I know whom you are referring to. Nebach it's really sad she doesn't realize how socially off she is. She has lots of followers because unfortunately she's funny to laugh at. I also wonder- where are her mom, dad, husband....Do they not realize? Or do they support her because this makes her happy? Who knows...

amother
NeonOrange

Post Wed, Dec 21 2022, 11:16 am
amother Periwinkle wrote:
I'm not sure who you mean. But I follow someone who seems a bit limited, but I find her so adorable so I follow! Not to make fun

Same here. There's a women in my community that she's a bit limited, she thinks she's a big influencer and posts lots of stories every day. I think it's so cute. I watch her stories because I enjoy them. I think it's adorable and don't see a reason she should be stopped. She actually has quite a lot of followers. Most people that see her stories can see that she's limited. But I think she's cute.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Dec 21 2022, 11:18 am
amother NeonOrange wrote:
Same here. There's a women in my community that she's a bit limited, she thinks she's a big influencer and posts lots of stories every day. I think it's so cute. I watch her stories because I enjoy them. I think it's adorable and don't see a reason she should be stopped. She actually has quite a lot of followers. Most people that see her stories can see that she's limited. But I think she's cute.

Delete

amother
Catmint

Post Wed, Dec 21 2022, 11:21 am
Delete.

Oy I really hope she doesn't come across this thread. It would hurt her. Maybe you can delete the info?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Dec 21 2022, 11:23 am
amother Catmint wrote:
Oy I really hope she doesn't come across this thread. It would hurt her. Maybe you can delete the info?

Deleted. Sorry. I meant it as a positive but I hear it can be a negative.

amother
Bone

Post Wed, Dec 21 2022, 11:25 am

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Dec 21 2022, 11:27 am
Catmint, can you delete my quote with the information?

amother
Catmint

Post Wed, Dec 21 2022, 11:27 am
amother Bone wrote:
Even without the info its easy to know whom you are referring to so perhaps delete location and the other details as well.

She did delete but now you posted the location. Perhaps you can delete the location as well?

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Dec 21 2022, 11:54 am
We all know who you're posting about. This post should probably be deleted. People are so mean. No one is asking anyone to follow her. If she feels good about herself, I'm not sure why anyone would care. Should she be hiding in a cave because she makes people feel uncomfortable?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics