Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Formula Feeding
Formula shortage
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9

Zehava

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 7:41 pm
number wrote:
I think Hipp pre and Holle pre? The UK imamommies should know.

Are these sold in the U.K.? I can ask family to send. Does anyone know if these work well on babies that tend to get constipated?

Zehava

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 7:47 pm
Amazon only has the Gerber one available for pre-order. The reviews seem to suggest it might be a good replacement for reguline. IF I can get a hold of it. Regardless it’s good to know there’s another option.

Zehava

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 9:46 pm
I’ve been researching European formulas and came across this still in stock.
https://organicformulashop.com.....e-pre
Looks like it may be a good replacement for the local hypoallergenic ones.

Einikel

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 10:12 pm
Zehava wrote:
I’ve been researching European formulas and came across this still in stock.
https://organicformulashop.com.....e-pre
Looks like it may be a good replacement for the local hypoallergenic ones.

Zehava, kol hakavod for taking the time to help struggling parents!

Zehava

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 10:20 pm
Einikel wrote:
Zehava, kol hakavod for taking the time to help struggling parents!

Ok I’m mostly anxiously googling for myself. But since I’m doing it anyway might as well post some links I come across. Things have been literally going out of stock before my eyes. It’s freaking me out.

Zehava

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 10:32 pm
Generally, European formulas, while a bit out of stock, seem much more available online. You can get them shipped from the EU and the UK. If you’re running low and in need of specialty formula definitely look into that. Just Google the name of the formula and click on shopping and the options will come up.

Einikel

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 10:35 pm
Zehava wrote:
Ok I’m mostly anxiously googling for myself. But since I’m doing it anyway might as well post some links I come across. Things have been literally going out of stock before my eyes. It’s freaking me out.

Really terrible situation!

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, May 19 2022, 10:37 pm
amother [ Eggplant ] wrote:
You say convenience I say mental health. You never know the whole story. I tell people I don't like nursing and I'm sure they think I'm just a lazy mother who isn't willing to put in the work but the truth is that when I nurse I'm miserable. Even if I only nurse for a few weeks it takes me months to recover emotionally. I knew I wasn't happy buy thought maybe I was just prone to ppd and only realized just how bad it was when I finally decided not to nurse from the beginning and I was finally happy postpartum. I actually feel bad for the babies I nursed because it affected out bonding.

Again, that is a real reason to not nurse.
But there are plenty of women who use formula not due to a medical or mental health reason but pure convenience. Like the ones who never tried it before so dont even know if they would react. They dont even bother trying.

I BF because I am physically able to. Is it easy? Not always... but currently expecting soon and going to BF again to save the formula for moms like you. Because PPD or symptoms like that are not something anyone should mess with especially if you know not nursing resolves that. And you should use formula. And not feel guilty. (I am also not judging any one woman in particular when I make these comments. Just the idea/mindset).
But if I, who could nurse/pump, and dont have a reason not to --- decide to use formula-- that makes it harder for you to feed your baby. So what I am trying to say is moms like me should nurse to help you out. Even if inconvenient- we should try our best to need less formula.
Too many moms in my community are having trouble getting any formula.

4g01o

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 1:08 am
number wrote:
I think Hipp pre and Holle pre? The UK imamommies should know.

I think its Hipp, I'm tempted to switch my baby to it now but I'm worried that he won't like it, because it's different. He's already older, 7.5 months. Wwyd?
He drank in the night, he hasn't woken up for a while at night. Now this morning he coughing and screaming in pain, and won't drink!! I really need to get to the doctors.

amother
Canary

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 1:52 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Reading this thread though is shocking. Unbelievable that a country like America is in this situation.

Why? America has been deteriorating for at least a decade if not two or three decades. Davka in a country like today's America, it's not at all shocking.

This is just par for the course.

amother
Slateblue

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 4:23 am
This situation is most definitely not par for the course. No one should accept this as inevitable or immutable B”H.

Zehava

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 6:14 am
Fab4 wrote:
I think its Hipp, I'm tempted to switch my baby to it now but I'm worried that he won't like it, because it's different. He's already older, 7.5 months. Wwyd?
He drank in the night, he hasn't woken up for a while at night. Now this morning he coughing and screaming in pain, and won't drink!! I really need to get to the doctors.

It seems to be hipp comfort the way it’s described. If I run out of reguline I’ll be switching to that.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 7:02 am
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Again, that is a real reason to not nurse.
But there are plenty of women who use formula not due to a medical or mental health reason but pure convenience. Like the ones who never tried it before so dont even know if they would react. They dont even bother trying.

I BF because I am physically able to. Is it easy? Not always... but currently expecting soon and going to BF again to save the formula for moms like you. Because PPD or symptoms like that are not something anyone should mess with especially if you know not nursing resolves that. And you should use formula. And not feel guilty. (I am also not judging any one woman in particular when I make these comments. Just the idea/mindset).
But if I, who could nurse/pump, and dont have a reason not to --- decide to use formula-- that makes it harder for you to feed your baby. So what I am trying to say is moms like me should nurse to help you out. Even if inconvenient- we should try our best to need less formula.
Too many moms in my community are having trouble getting any formula.

How would you ever know “the real reason” why someone is choosing to use formula? There is such a strong push for “breast is best” and so much guilt aimed at those who don’t. ANY reason to use formula is a good enough reason, because mom is making sure baby is fed.
I am currently expecting #5, BH. I breastfed all of my other kids, lasting anywhere from 4 months to 3 years +. If I choose to bottle feed, it will be my prerogative. I don’t need to justify it to you or anyone else. I will not allow people like you to make me feel guilty for my choice. It will be my choice, and my choice alone.

miami85

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 7:10 am
amother [ Canary ] wrote:
Why? America has been deteriorating for at least a decade if not two or three decades. Davka in a country like today's America, it's not at all shocking.

This is just par for the course.

No America was doing WELL in Jan 2020. Then along came the Big Bad Pelosi monster, ripped up a speech and we had Covid so she used that to shut down the strongest economy in decades. Now all Madame Pelosi Antoinette can say is "they don't want to fund for more baby formula". Instead of reopening the plant 1-2 months ago, the solution became spend more money for more inspectors and IMPORT formula from other countries. This is SO backwards. We aren't energy independent OR formula independent. I heard someone say yesterday, what about an "Operation Warp Speed" to get more formula faster--I.e. reduce regulations and just get moving.

gold21

Post Fri, May 20 2022, 10:39 am
amother [ Antiquewhite ] wrote:
How would you ever know “the real reason” why someone is choosing to use formula? There is such a strong push for “breast is best” and so much guilt aimed at those who don’t. ANY reason to use formula is a good enough reason, because mom is making sure baby is fed.
I am currently expecting #5, BH. I breastfed all of my other kids, lasting anywhere from 4 months to 3 years +. If I choose to bottle feed, it will be my prerogative. I don’t need to justify it to you or anyone else. I will not allow people like you to make me feel guilty for my choice. It will be my choice, and my choice alone.

Exactly. I have issues with milk supply. I always need to supplement my breastmilk with formula. And I stop nursing at six months. Because I want to. And with my current baby, my milk supply was worse than ever and I stopped nursing at three months.

My body my choice, no?

The formula crisis won't be resolved by accusing formula moms of not breastfeeding. This has to be resolved at the gvmt level.
Page 9 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Formula Feeding