Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Formula Feeding
Formula shortage
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 6:25 pm
I’m so curious if more ppl will start/consider nursing (obv only if possible) because of the formula shortage. What do ppl think?

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 6:26 pm
I think if anything there should be a push for those who can but just don't for no good reason. Save the formula for those who absolutely need it.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 6:27 pm
I'm reconsidering getting pregnant because of the shortage.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 6:27 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
I think if anything there should be a push for those who can but just don't for no good reason. Save the formula for those who absolutely need it.

Everyone that gives formula absolutely needs it.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 6:29 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Everyone that gives formula absolutely needs it.

That's not true. Some people don't nurse because they just don't feel like it or never tried and just decided why not just use formula. There are many like that. Let's stop pretending it doesn't exist. At a time like this they should step up and leave the formula for those that don't have a choice.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 6:34 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
That's not true. Some people don't nurse because they just don't feel like it or never tried and just decided why not just use formula. There are many like that. Let's stop pretending it doesn't exist. At a time like this they should step up and leave the formula for those that don't have a choice.

WADR, although I am a very strong proponent of nursing, once someone has stopped nursing it is not that easy to begin again. The vast majority of those giving their babies formula, whether or not the original reason was inability to nurse, are stuck now.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 6:36 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
WADR, although I am a very strong proponent of nursing, once someone has stopped nursing it is not that easy to begin again. The vast majority of those giving their babies formula, whether or not the original reason was inability to nurse, are stuck now.

I know about 10 pregnant people that are stockpiling formula. They don't want to be bogged down with nursing and don't plan on trying. I think it's wrong at a time like this.

hodeez

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 6:40 pm

My thoughts as well

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 6:43 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
I know about 10 pregnant people that are stockpiling formula. They don't want to be bogged down with nursing and don't plan on trying. I think it's wrong at a time like this.

I think it's a question to be stockpiling during pregnancy whether or not you will be able to nurse. Even if you know you can't nurse, I don't know if your future baby has a din kadima over babies that are already born.

Hopefully by the time their babies are born the shortage will have been rectified. In the meantime there are babies that are at risk of going hungry now.

BrisketBoss

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 6:43 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
I think it's a question to be stockpiling during pregnancy whether or not you will be able to nurse. Even if you know you can't nurse, I don't know if your future baby has a din kadima over babies that are already born.

Hopefully by the time their babies are born the shortage will have been rectified. In the meantime there are babies that are at risk of going hungry now.

Yep.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 6:49 pm
This shortage is making me a little nervous. I'm trying to get pregnant but haven't been successful yet. I really hope by the time I have a baby the supply will be back to normal.
I had a double mastectomy a few years back so it's literally not possible for me to nurse (as much as I gladly would).

amother
Rainbow

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 6:52 pm
The flip side is. I know a few women who usually pump and supplement with formula while they're baby is at the babysitter.
And they've been made to feel so guilty for buying a can of formula so they're pumping round the clock, even waking themselves up in the middle of the night to pump to get those extra 6-10 oz a day that they're supplementing.

doodlesmom

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 6:54 pm
People can supplement with soft age appropriate food at as young as 4-5 months.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 7:02 pm

I'm sure many people are. And I wouldn't be surprised if that's not part of the "plan" either. Is it a coincidence this whole abortion thing came out at the same time of the formula shortage? Who knows? But how does it make sense there is only one factory in the US and that it's shut down with no plan to reopen?

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 7:07 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
I'm sure many people are. And I wouldn't be surprised if that's not part of the “plan" either. Is it a coincidence this whole abortion thing came out at the same time of the formula shortage? Who knows? But how does it make sense there is only one factory in the US and that it's shut down with no plan to reopen?

Which factory is shut down?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 7:09 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Which factory is shut down?

Abbott

amother
Valerian

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 7:34 pm
There is apparently plenty of formula at the Southern Border, someone should go pick it up:

amother
Bergamot

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 7:48 pm
I'm on a super restricted diet from nursing a very allergic baby (basically allergic to everything except soy , meat and veggies), and need to wean her for my own sanity, but I'm stretching it out longer than planned because I'm nervous about the formula. I also currently have 3 cans of (soy) formula in my house with another 3 on the way so that should iyH last the 2.5 months till her birthday.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 7:49 pm
Listen, it’s definitely going to push me to try my hardest to fully nurse. (IyH due any time now). The thing is that might affect my mental health. In the past, when I’ve nursed and supplemented, I did really well mentally postpartum bH. This is just going to create so much pressure of being the only source of sustenance.

amother
Clover

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 7:59 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
That is wild! How selfish can people be.
Page 1 of 9   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Formula Feeding