Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Remembering to bentch

amother

Post Wed, Nov 02 2005, 11:11 pm
does anyone else have this problem?
I'm going nuts. why cant I just remember to bentch? its getting worse. I've decided not to eat hamotzie anymore b/c lately I can almost guarantee that I will not bentch. even when I say to myself you are going to forget so bentch right now, somehow the thought goes flying out of my mind within 2 seconds and 3 hrs later I realize that I forgot yet again.
any advice for me?

1stimer

Post Thu, Nov 03 2005, 2:49 am
Don't leave the table until you bentch.

technic

Post Thu, Nov 03 2005, 3:17 am
put a sign on the table or close 2 where u get up from it saying "have u bentched yet?" Idea

willow

Post Thu, Nov 03 2005, 6:04 am
I too always forget. Now I only bentch out of a bencher or siddur and it helps me remember( I don't know why it makes me remember Confused )> Hopes this helps. 8)

Meema2Kids

Post Thu, Nov 03 2005, 8:18 am
I had this problem too. Now I bentch before clearing even one plate from the table. My friend told me she had her kids help remind her to bentch.

Post Thu, Nov 03 2005, 1:49 pm
it's happened to the best of us Wink . if it's 3 hours later, you could eat another kzayis of bread and then bentch (I think that's the right halacha... I'll ask DH). that's always a motivation for me to bentch right away... I'd rather take a few minutes to bentch now, then have to eat another k'zayis of bread in a few hours.

Tefila

Post Thu, Nov 03 2005, 4:02 pm
I try not to wash unless I'm positive that I'll be able to bentch

Motek

Post Thu, Nov 03 2005, 5:03 pm
I leave a bentcher on the table until I bentch. Also for al ha'michya.

Rivka

Post Thu, Nov 03 2005, 7:47 pm
You can buy those bentchers that you put on the walls for the kids, put them up so you will see them in the kitchen and after you eat you will see them and bench.
I don't like eating hamotze if it isn't shabbos coz I am lazy with the whole washing bentching thing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics