Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Riced califlower for meatballs help

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 4:44 pm
I combined riced califlower and chipped meat with sautéed onions. What do I do next? I lost the recipe I wanted to follow. Any help for ideas.

Persevere

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 4:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I combined riced califlower and chipped meat with sautéed onions. What do I do next? I lost the recipe I wanted to follow. Any help for ideas.

That's a cool idea. I would just add bread crumbs, spices (salt pepper garlic powder), egg, and a little seltzer.

Amarante

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 4:50 pm
Be aware that the cauliflower is going to add moisture to your mixture instead of using moisture like regular rice might. That's not a bad thing as a lot of turkey meatloaf recipes use vegetables specifically to ensure a moist result - but just make sure that you add enough moisture absorbing crumbs so that the balls don't disintegrate

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 4:55 pm
Thanks for quick response. But what do I do? Form balls? WHat mixture do I cook or bake it in? I’m completely lost. Exact instructions would be so appreciated

Amarante

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 5:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for quick response. But what do I do? Form balls? WHat mixture do I cook or bake it in? I’m completely lost. Exact instructions would be so appreciated

Without knowing more I would probably make a meatloaf as the safest option because it is will be contained in a loaf pan and I am more familiar with cooking a meat loaf with vegetables.

Did you saute the cauliflower before adding it? That removes excess moisture and also adds a nice level of flavor/

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 5:08 pm
I only drained it after cooking. Can I do meatballs in tomato sauce? Or meatloaf. If yes. How long do I cook or bake it?

Amarante

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 5:34 pm
If you google cauliflower rice meatballs there are loads of recipes and you can see which ones are closest to the ingredients you are working with

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 7:05 pm
Add salt and garlic and an egg. Form into meatballs. Bake uncovered on a cookie sheet for 20 min. Or drop into bubbling sauce. Similar to whatever you usually make.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics