Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Tell me about your twin birth
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Mintcream

Post Sat, Dec 31 2022, 10:38 pm
Water broke at 36 weeks. Labor was fast and furious (wasn't the first time that happened to me).
Got to the hospital fully dilated, baby A breech, but it was too late for a c-section. BH there was a very experienced midwife there to deliver breech baby.

Baby B was born 6 minutes later. They weighed 5.8 and 5.14. Only one was in NICU until I was discharged because his blood sugar kept dropping, but didn't end up needing any treatment. Both had their brissos on time.

As crazy as it was, I wouldn't have wanted it differently. I never had an epidural before and was glad not to have one then, and obviously I was spared the c-section.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sat, Dec 31 2022, 11:29 pm
10 years ago, di-di, induced at 37 weeks, BP started to climb. They were healthy , 5.5 and 6.5 lbs.we all come home after 2 days.
Currently, 34 weeks with di di twins again. Hoping for a very similar outcome.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Sun, Jan 01 2023, 12:42 am
My water broke at 31 weeks. Ended up having an emergency c-section. They weighed 3.14 and 2.4. both were in the NICU for 6 weeks.

amother
Dandelion

Post Sun, Jan 01 2023, 1:23 am
amother Chocolate wrote:
10 years ago, di-di, induced at 37 weeks, BP started to climb. They were healthy , 5.5 and 6.5 lbs.we all come home after 2 days.
nice!!
Were both natural conception?

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Jan 01 2023, 4:52 am
amother Green wrote:
I had a scheduled c-section because twin A was breach but my water broke at 25 weeks. I had just seen the doctor that day and he said I was doing amazing and would carry full term. Oops! Thank Gd babies were fine after a short stay in the NICU.

How could 25 weekers have a short NICU stay? Did you mean 35 weeks?

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Jan 01 2023, 4:54 am
Fox wrote:
Induced at 35 weeks; vaginal delivery. Each twin was 5 lbs.

They are now 27, k"ah. Both married, and both live a few blocks from me. They got married five months apart, and they had their first babies two weeks apart. I do nights with the newbies, and they're going easier on me this time: one had her second baby at the beginning of November, and the other is due in February.

Honestly, I have no memory of the mid-90s. I had five small kids at once, including 4 in diapers at one point. I vaguely recall that Bill Clinton was President, but I couldn't swear to it. He was President, right? I didn't imagine that?

But now I see my lovely daughters and their adorable kids, and it all seems worth it.

The days are long, but the years are short.

You do nights with your newborn grandchildren???

If I understood right, then you are Super BUbby!!

No wonder your kids chose to live so close to you!

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Jan 01 2023, 6:49 am
My twins were born by emergency c section at 36 weeks. One month in the NICU, mainly because of NAIT (a platelet issue caused by mother-baby genetic mismatch, similar to Rh disease). They’re 5 years old now. One has disabilities, but not because of the birth (as far as we know). B”H that saga is over.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 10:01 am
amother Dandelion wrote:
nice!!
Were both natural conception?

What do u call natural?

laptop

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 10:33 am
I had twins 18 years ago ! They are in seminary now. But it feels like yesterday! Born naturally but baby B came out feet first! They were and are such a blessing. I thanked Hashem every day for years for choosing me for this special privilege. And PS- they were my 7th and 8th children!

amother
Dandelion

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 3:03 pm
amother Chocolate wrote:
What do u call natural?
I guess this answers my question.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 4:03 pm
I have identical twin boys.
I never had an epideral and asked for the same for the twins.
Dr said no bc might need emergency c-section.
He was willing to try vaginal on that condition even though one baby was breached.
37 weeks waters broke and off the hospital I went.
Dilating beautifully and at 9 centimeters nurse checks and she feels a poking bone instead of baby a’s head.
They try to move the bone, maybe it’s shoulder, so need to help maneuver so head is first. Many long minutes later, contractions are killing. Epideral was a disaster.
Feel again, head plus poking bone….
Hmm, back and forth, dr decided c-section it is.
Baby a comes out and dr sees the source of the bone.
Mr. Breached baby b had part of his foot stuck in the way. They couldn’t move it out of the way bc it was lodged so tightly between baby a and cervix.
Bh for c-sections.
Both over 6 lbs. born one minute apart.
Both jaundiced and late bris, one a week after the other.
The dr did not know if they are identical so we sent samples of their saliva to a lab.
This was my 9th pregnancy and they were and are the greatest gift to our family.
Bshaah Tovah to anyone reading this and is expecting a child or two or three;-)!
If you’re reading for entertainment, you’re excused 😉

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 4:05 pm
amother Chocolate wrote:

Wow 2 sets Smile
At least your older ones are 10
What are di di twins?

amother
Anemone

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 6:12 pm
was induced at 38 1/2 weeks and after 36 hours of labor not progressing had c-section. baby a was 6.7 and baby b was 7.4 (!!!).

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 8:04 pm
amother Cantaloupe wrote:
Wow 2 sets Smile
At least your older ones are 10
What are di di twins?

Fraternal.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 8:10 pm
amother Dandelion wrote:

Thank u. I dont want to offend anyone by answering it, if I say they were conceived " naturally " , I might some offend ppl. And if I say they were conceived with fertility treatment, I might offend other ppl

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 8:25 pm
amother Dandelion wrote:

The correct term would be spontaneous conception/ spontaneously conceived. I doubt people would answer. I wonder how people feel about spontaneously conceiving a set of twins especially the second set vs fertility treatment when you know there is a chance that it could happen.
I have one set of twins.

finprof

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 8:49 pm
Mine were a "natural conception" at the "geriatric" age of 37. I had them at 36 weeks all natural (not my choice) 1 stayed in the NICU for 2 days. They are now 4 Smile

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 9:51 pm
di-di means dichorionic, diamniotic, iow two amniotic sacs and two placentas. This is the safest type of twin pregnancy because each fetus is encased in its own personal environment, the umbilical cords can't twist around each other and cut off the circulation, and even if one placenta has problems, the other one may function just fine, which means that twin will also be just fine.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 9:59 pm
amother Whitesmoke wrote:
The correct term would be spontaneous conception/ spontaneously conceived. I doubt people would answer. I wonder how people feel about spontaneously conceiving a set of twins especially the second set vs fertility treatment when you know there is a chance that it could happen.
I have one set of twins.

I have two sets. The first were conceived with the help of fertility drugs. The second were spontaneous and I was tickled pink to find out. We already had two of everything, so why not? We even had some twin outfits that set #1 hadn't gotten to use much and now I was getting a second chance.

amother
Phlox

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 10:35 pm
I'm so jealous I have one set of twins
The biggest bracha!!
I would absolutely love love love love love to have another set of twins
Identical this time tho
Order placed!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more