Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
The chicken challenge
1  2  Next

Motherhood

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 7:10 am
Ready for a challenge?
I’m looking for more recipes, as it’s getting boring to do the same kinds over and over again. It’s always grilled with different spices or breaded with different crumbs.

I’m looking for recipes that are NOT sweet (no soy sauce, no ketchup, not even tomato sauce)
Also, we prefer chicken cutlets instead of chicken bottoms

Bonus: A recipe that’s not cutlets OR bottoms, but something like pulled chicken/meat sandwich

tweety1

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 7:51 am
Marinate cutlets in italian dressing for 1/2 hr-3 hours. Coat with crumbs. I don combo of breadcrumbs and cornflakes crumbs. Fry. It's delicious!!

imasinger

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 7:53 am
Can you get a smoker? Smoked meat is awesome!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 7:56 am
Start sauteing some onions cut up how you like, chunked carrots, celery, parsnip if you like, potatoes and/or sweet potatoes. Add in chunks of raw chicken, sprinkle in some dill and garlic, and then pour chicken broth over and let it cook for about an hour until it's all soft. The broth should provide a little liquid but not so much that you serve it as a soup. You can serve with egg noodles. We call it chicken soup without the soup...

watergirl

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 8:02 am
Fajitas in a wrap with spanish rice (use near east box)

Chicken stir-fry with veg and rice

Shwarma in a pita with onions, breaded eggplant, isrseli salad, chumus, techina, and fries.

Dark meat on the bone baked with onions and spices.

tigerwife

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 8:15 am
Heat up a bit of sesame oil in a large pan. Add cubed raw chicken and stir fry until cooked through, adding a bit of salt and pepper to taste. Remove from pan. Add 2-3 crushed garlic. When it starts to brown, add a package of cleaned fresh snap peas. Stir until peas are bright green, then add chicken back in. Drizzle with hoisen sauce and serve over rice.

tigerwife

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 8:19 am
All in one chicken noodle soup:
Dice an onion very finely and sauté in a pot until soft. Add a stalk of finely diced celery, and a crushed garlic. Add a carrot or two chopped into thin rounds. When veggies are soft, add raw chicken that was sliced into thin strips (I use chicken scissors). When cooked through, add about 5 cups of water. When it comes to a boil, add a packet of Noodleman’s chicken soup mix with noodles inside. Continue cooking about a half hour.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 8:40 am
Sautee onions or leek, and celery and mushrooms (I leave out celery). Set aside. Lightly coat cutlets in flour. Brown quickly on each side (I skip this part). Lay cutlets in pan. Pour over sautéed mixture. Cover in dry white wine (I a wine like pink Rashi). Bake at 350 for half hour. Bonus you an make this Pesachdik with potato flour.

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 9:19 am
Shwarma chicken. Cit cutlets into small pieces. Let marinade in shwarma spice for a bit. Grill on grill pot. Serve in pita w whatever u like. I spread hummus on pita put in chicken w salad, french fries and falafel balls. Family loves it

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 9:27 am
Cube chicken and marinate in olive oil, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper. Thread on skewers alternating with mini pearl red onions, mushroom caps and cherry tomatoes. Broil.

Cut chicken into strips and sauté with 2 peppers and onions. Season with chili powder, cumin, onion, garlic, paprika and salt. Serve over rice or in wraps.

Season chicken cutlets with paprika, onion and garlic powder, salt and pepper. Lay over a pan of thin sliced onions.
Season crushed tomatoes and pour over chicken; sprinkle with olives and drizzle a bit of oil. Bake uncovered for 35 minutes. Serve over spaghetti.

Cut chicken into strips and sauté with crushed garlic, sliced onions. Season with cumin, coriander, curry powder and salt. Serve in lafas with tehina.

Last edited by ra_mom on Tue, Nov 02 2021, 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 9:51 am
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
Sautee onions or leek, and celery and mushrooms (I leave out celery). Set aside. Lightly coat cutlets in flour. Brown quickly on each side (I skip this part). Lay cutlets in pan. Pour over sautéed mixture. Cover in dry white wine (I a wine like pink Rashi). Bake at 350 for half hour. Bonus you an make this Pesachdik with potato flour.

You fully cover the chicken with white wine, like half a bottle of wine?

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 10:05 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
You fully cover the chicken with white wine, like half a bottle of wine?

Yes but in a 9x13 with a single layer of cutlets should be between 1-2 cups. I got this recipe from my sister in law and then gave it to my friend who is a caterer and she incorporated into her menu.

yiddishmom

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 9:33 am
In bowl or ziplock bag: toss chicken cutlets with oil and rice crispies.

Bake on 350 for 10 min.

Drizzle honey over cutlets.

Continue baking for however long needed, depending on thickness of the cutlets .

*can be done with breadcrumbs or rice crispness as well.

This is an absolutely delicious recipe, quick, and easy.

amother
Maple

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 9:43 am
this works well with dark chicken cutlets/baby chicken, or regular chicken cutlets/breast

preheat Mix about half cup mayo, 2-3 T cup soy sauce, 2 T onion soup mix. Add chicken cutlets. Bake at 425. chicken breast needs about 12-15 min, dark cutlets 20-25.
I like preheating the oven when I remember. It bakes faster and keeps more moist.

My ultra picky eaters love this, even better than fried shnitzel. They used to call it "the chicken that we ask for more and more, but have to leave some for Totty" LOL

Anon bec so many friends know what we call this!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 1:52 pm
I think people should reread the criteria in the OP 😉

mha3484

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 1:57 pm
Chicken tacos are really delicious. https://smittenkitchen.com/200.....hirt/

You can use this chicken for tacos, nachos, burritos.

My kids love make your own taco bowls for dinner.

Last edited by mha3484 on Mon, Nov 01 2021, 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

mha3484

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 1:59 pm
I make bbq shredded chicken sandwiches regularly. Its a favorite dinner but you said no ketchup so is BBQ sauce ok? A different way to use shredded chicken is eggrolls. If you want an asian flavor without soy sauce you can use coconut aminos or just use nothing.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 2:15 pm
This is more or less just some spices, but its good enough to post anyway.

https://thewholecook.com/quick.....lets/

CHICKEN MARSALA

Sautee a chopped onion in olive oil. Coat chicken cutlets in starch -- I use potato starch, but you can use corn starch, flour, or even nothing at all. Brown the cutlets on one side, 5 minutes or so. Flip over, and add sliced mushrooms (I use a LOT and I use shitake or portabella), 1/2 cup marsala wine, 1/4 cup sherry. Cover and cook another 10 to 15 minutes.

CHICKEN WITH ARTICHOKES

Coat chicken in starch -- see above -- and brown on both sides in a large frying pan. Remove from pan and place in baking pan. Add artichoke hearts (lazy me found that Amazon sells them quartered, with a hecksher, canned -- I use 2 cans to about 7 or 8 cutlets) and some garlic (we use a LOT, but that's us). After about a minute, add 1/2 cup white wine, cook 2 to 3 minutes, add 1/4 cup chicken stock. Pour over chicken, and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.

farmom

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 2:22 pm
I love this recipe
It's delicious baked on chicken, on fish, or as a dip. You can bake your chicken cutlets or bottoms in it, or grill them and then put on top

3-4 sprigs parsley
6-8 sun-dried tomatoes
Juice of 2 limes, or about 4 Tbsp
2 Tbsp olive oil
3-4 cloves garlic
Salt and pepper

Instructions
Rub chicken with salt and pepper.
Blend all ingredients in food processor. Pour over chicken and bake.

amother
Lightgray

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 3:31 pm
Haven’t made this yet but plan to (and will skip Parmesan of course)

https://www.dinneratthezoo.com.....asta/
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics