Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Dirty boys coming home from yeshiva

daisylover

Post Wed, Oct 19 2005, 9:06 pm
is it only my brothers, or do all guys coming home from Yeshiva not have a concept of cleanliness?

my other brothers tell me that I will never understand, but it is really gross, bathrooms, the kitchen after they eat.... and the list goes on...

does this happen to your sons/brothers? or is it only mine???

shanie5

Post Wed, Oct 19 2005, 10:18 pm
B"H my son is not like that. he just leaves his dirty plates in the sink, but otherwise, he cleans up after everybody else (my house was cleanest when he was home for bein hazmanim) and no, he is not typical

Tefila

Post Wed, Oct 19 2005, 10:40 pm
Conc Kitchen they know to put away when finished their stuff that they took out. The bathroom well they wash but leave remenants like towels washcloths etc around Tongue Out
Actually b"h my boys r very much into cleanliness one son told me once aday shower is not enuf for him he needs it twice. And he does his laundry quite well. So B'H for this could be the Yeshiva or what we have incalcated into them or both. What

chen

Post Fri, Oct 28 2005, 1:03 pm
Males in all-male society are not usually famous for their fastidious habits--and teenagers even less so. (I am not guy-bashing. I have seen plenty of horrendous girls' bunks and dormitory rooms, too.) The army often overcomes slovenliness, but how many frum guys go into the army? yeshivos pay lip service to respect and care for property and one's person, but they don't enforce it. I think some of the bocherim feel that ignoring the physical niceties implies that they are "above" all that, somewhat "holier' than people who spend time on mundane pursuits like cleaning after themselves and brushing their teeth.

Unfortunately, if a young man is not a genetic neatnik (there are such creatures) and his parents have not trained him, this onerous duty falls to his wife. If there is no wife, or if she can't or won't train him, well...

My dh's single friend (no, I don't mean he has just one friend, I mean an unmarried friend of his LOL ) once spent a week or so with us when he came to town to go on shidduchim. He left hair in the bathtub and the sink, dirty clothes and other personal effects scattered all over the living room, and--worst of all--souvenirs on the toilet seat and down the sides. (Barfitacious.)

the guy was beyond old enough to know better--but he'd been living way too long in the company of men.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry