Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Who wants a great honey cookie recipe!

indianamom4

Post Tue, Sep 27 2005, 11:52 pm
I love these cookies and they are very kid friendly. I dont know about your kids, but mine dont really go for the honey cake. The dough is a bit sticky, but as long as you chill the dough properly and oil your hands a little when working with the dough it isnt too bad. And it is worth it!

1 C. oil
2 C. sugar
6 eggs
1 C. honey
1 T. vanilla
6 C. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg

Beat the sugar and oil. Add the eggs, honey and vanilla. Add the rest. Refrigerate dough a few hours(I do it overnite usually). Roll dough into circles, place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 12-14 min.
The cookies flatten out so make sure to leave room in between each one on the cookie sheet. I dont remember how many it makes, but I think it is a lot.
Enjoy!

proudmom

Post Wed, Sep 28 2005, 5:41 pm
how many does it make?

indianamom4

Post Wed, Sep 28 2005, 11:49 pm
As I mentioned, I cant remember exactly how many cookies it makes, but it is well over 100. I made them tonite but I forgot to count them as I put them away, although I did manage to taste a few Exclamation
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus