Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Who pays the bills in your house?
1  2  3  Next

flowerpower

Post Fri, Jan 25 2008, 1:39 pm
I do ours

Sparkle

Post Fri, Jan 25 2008, 1:41 pm
me too. If I left it to DH, we would be sitting without electricity or running water. Very Happy

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jan 25 2008, 1:42 pm
G-d bless BillPay !!!!!

gigi

Post Fri, Jan 25 2008, 1:42 pm
me Smile

I wear the pants, and pay the bills Wink

amother

Post Fri, Jan 25 2008, 1:43 pm
been ignorin them - fresh out of $$$ ... What

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Jan 25 2008, 3:15 pm
BH me...

multi colored

Post Fri, Jan 25 2008, 3:17 pm
I do. Should it be that way?? Confused

amother

Post Fri, Jan 25 2008, 3:38 pm
By paying do you mean writing out a check or bringing in the money to pay the bills?

multi colored

Post Fri, Jan 25 2008, 4:00 pm
Of course writing out the checks, paying bills on time, opening the mail, the whole responsibility..(except making money) know what I mean??

cindy324

Post Fri, Jan 25 2008, 4:04 pm
For the past 5 years , I do. My Dh would sit down once a month, no matter when the bills were do, and we rack up numerous late fees. So I took over and no more late fees. I have a notebook with all the bills and their due dates written down, and I sit down once a week to pay 'em.

Tamiri

Post Sat, Jan 26 2008, 11:11 am
I do all the bills, he does the U.S. and Israeli taxes. Oh, and he does the earning too....

Akeres Habayis

Post Sat, Jan 26 2008, 1:28 pm
I do,I dont think I do such a great job,but it gets done. I think most wives take care of the bills.
its a great arrangement he 'brings in the money' and I take it to pay bills and to buy things LOL

Ruchel

Post Sat, Jan 26 2008, 1:45 pm
Dh pays our bills, but mostly my parents as we live together.

drumjj

Post Sat, Jan 26 2008, 2:22 pm
I think I have a great husband he sorts all the money and the bills out in our house I wouldnt have a clue I should really ask him whats flying

maidale

Post Sat, Jan 26 2008, 3:10 pm
ME. I run to the bank every time it's needed, I deposit money, make sure there's enough, keep track of the money going... But he does all the earning. Works out great for us. Oh, and Thank God for ONLINE BANKING!

Pickle Lady

Post Sat, Jan 26 2008, 6:35 pm
My husband pays the bills but I take care of other paperworrk like taxes and insurance stuff. I do take care of the odd bills that aren't monthly like insurance and car registration. I am glad my husband does the basic bills because then he knows where his money goes.

imokay

Post Sat, Jan 26 2008, 7:56 pm
my dh takes care of EVERYTHING.
when I think about it, it's horrible that I have no idea what's going on with our finances, what our monthly expenses r, what they should be, etc.
I dont even know where all the imp. docs r.
sure I have the psswrds to all the accounts and e/t and I deposit my own paltry earnings, but I probably should take more of an interest in the finances.
I think im just too lazy... if he is able and willing to do it, y shud I bother? yup. definately lazy. but happily oblivious.

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Jan 26 2008, 7:58 pm
imokay wrote:
my dh takes care of EVERYTHING.
when I think about it, it's horrible that I have no idea what's going on with our finances, what our monthly expenses r, what they should be, etc.
I dont even know where all the imp. docs r.
sure I have the psswrds to all the accounts and e/t and I deposit my own paltry earnings, but I probably should take more of an interest in the finances.
I think im just too lazy... if he is able and willing to do it, y shud I bother? yup. definately lazy. but happily oblivious.

that used to be me and dh but I managed the money and he knew nothing. over time I got him more involved.

imokay, do you hve an allowance, or ...

imokay

Post Sat, Jan 26 2008, 8:05 pm
Quote:
imokay, do you hve an allowance, or ...

no. I have access to the accounts so I take what I need.
that said, im not a big spender and what I buy throughout the week is basically grocery items, children's stuff and some household items if necessary.
any big purchases r discussed b/4 hand. if I want to do major clothing shopping for myself, ill just make sure b/4 hand theres enuf to cover the budget we set.
we r careful spenders and pretty thrifty, so my dh knows he doesnt need to worry about me emtying the accounts on nonsense or impluse purchases.

but still, writing this, it makes me sound kind of irresponsible that im so univolved in the money workings of my home or even know how much I spend in a week...may be it's time for a (little) change....

louche

Post Sat, Jan 26 2008, 9:11 pm
drumjj wrote:
I think I have a great husband he sorts all the money and the bills out in our house I wouldnt have a clue I should really ask him whats flying

Yes, you should. right now. I can't believe in the 21st century there are still women who allow their husbands to handle all the family finances while they remain clueless. may you both live happily and healthily till 120, but there's nothing sadder than a woman whose husband is incapacitated or a recent widow, financially helpless because her husband always handled the money and she has no idea what to do. that sort of thing should have gone out with the whalebone corset.

there's nothing wrong with division of labor and one partner doing the actual check writing--but for the other partner to know nothing about it is asking for trouble.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics