Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Good chasidish (and heimish) school in Boro Park for girls
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 10:43 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
The high school closed down.

Is emunas their high school? Is emunas bais yaakov still open?

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 10:46 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Is emunas their high school? Is emunas bais yaakov still open?
It’s open, but it’s not their high school. I don’t know anything about it.

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 10:48 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
It’s open, but it’s not their high school. I don’t know anything about it.

Oh! Thanks! I thought it was the same management.

amother
White

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 11:23 am
Oh! Thanks! I thought it was the same management.

Nesivos doesn’t have a high school anymore. They gave it up.. someone else took it over and it’s called Emunahs Bais yaakov now. The Nby girls that were there stayed on to finish high school. You don’t have to send there if you need to the elementary since it’s not related anymore. Most girls today from Nby don’t necessarily go there a lot go to byhs and mesillahs

Mkay

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 11:35 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
I work at bnos chaya. Its a GREAT school. Its actually refreshing to see a school where the principals care about how every student is doing. Its also a really nice mix of parents from different backgrounds. Any questions ask away.

I'm a parent of a fifth grader in a different school looking to change. How is the general feeling in the classroom? Tense, strict, very firm, teachers never smile, or somewhere in between? This boils down to what my daughter needs. A caring, warm staff even in 5th grade. She takes the strictness very hard.

Thanks tons!

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 2:21 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
I work at bnos chaya. Its a GREAT school. Its actually refreshing to see a school where the principals care about how every student is doing. Its also a really nice mix of parents from different backgrounds. Any questions ask away.
c
How is the level of learning? Is there a lot of pressure?

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 11:22 am
Can anyone please post contact info for any of the schools mentioned?
Bais Brocha, Bnos Chaya, Bais Esther,
Nesivos?

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 3:31 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
You can’t realy compare nesivos to Bnos Chaya... it’s totaly different derech. Nesivos is not chassidish nor do they try to be chassidish. Upper grades Hebrew is implemented a lot. Teachers will try to only speak Hebrew to girls and over the course of the year girls are expected to answer in Hebrew as well.. a lot of homes are more yeshivish. you’ll find chassidish homes there too just like in any Bais yaakov school but these homes are more simple torahdig type and not so chassidish maybe more heimish type. The school is doing very well they have a vaad haruchani and a board backing the school financially. It is very hard to get in there. They will only take you if they approve and feel you belong. Bnos Chaya is a chassidish school with more chassidish parent body. Most mothers don’t drive and a lot Go covered. If anything vein is less chassidish than Bnos Chaya and you’ll find more mothers driving there.

I am actually one of two mothers in my daughter's class that goes covered and at school events I am from the small minority so this is definitely not true. There are plenty of mothers that drive and I know that's not something they have an isue with in any way

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 3:39 pm
Mkay wrote:
I'm a parent of a fifth grader in a different school looking to change. How is the general feeling in the classroom? Tense, strict, very firm, teachers never smile, or somewhere in between? This boils down to what my daughter needs. A caring, warm staff even in 5th grade. She takes the strictness very hard.

Thanks tons!

My daughter is younger than that but caring and warm is exactly how I would describe the school. Think principal giving out hot cocoa to elementary girls arriving on an especially cold winter day...
Scholastically the level is higher than the average chassidish school but that is just an advantage to me and they focus on the entire child not just on test scores.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 9:41 am
Nesivos 718 972-0804

cnc

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 9:47 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
I am actually one of two mothers in my daughter's class that goes covered and at school events I am from the small minority so this is definitely not true. There are plenty of mothers that drive and I know that's not something they have an isue with in any way

Reb. Fink herself drives so they definitely don’t have an issue with it.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 9:49 am
Is bnos chaya a very young parent body?

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 9:49 am
cnc wrote:

She’s so sweet and “normal!” She worked in TD when I was a kid

cnc

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 9:50 am
Is bnos chaya a very young parent body?

Not necessarily
I k or parents that have older kids in other schools.

amother
White

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 11:25 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:

My point was that Nby and Bnos Chaya are not the same type so for someone looking into schools I wouldn’t really put the two of them together

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 12:00 pm
cnc wrote:

Is this Reb. Dina Fink with the English accent who was my HS teacher?

What school does she work in? What is her position there?

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 12:36 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
My point was that Nby and Bnos Chaya are not the same type so for someone looking into schools I wouldn’t really put the two of them together

You're right but for some families - typically very simple grounded chassidish with a yeshivish bend - both schools fit. I know some families that switched over to Bnos Chaya from Nesivos when it was shaky

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 12:38 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Is this Reb. Dina Fink with the English accent who was my HS teacher?

What school does she work in? What is her position there?

Nope. They're related but different people. Rebbetzin Dina Fink teaches in Bais Yaakov Seminary in BP. She also runs a post Sem program for single girls

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 12:38 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Nope. They're related but different people. Rebbetzin Dina Fink teaches in Bais Yaakov Seminary in BP. She also runs a post Sem program for single girls

Got it, thanks

amother
White

Post Tue, Oct 29 2019, 1:07 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
You're right but for some families - typically very simple grounded chassidish with a yeshivish bend - both schools fit. I know some families that switched over to Bnos Chaya from Nesivos when it was shaky

For someone whose looking for a frum Bais yaakov style school Bnos Chaya wouldn’t really fit the bill. I guess for ppl who are chassidish anyways and don’t care to send to a more chassidish school Bnos Chaya would work.. but for someone whose not chassidish and yeshivish they would never send to Bnos Chaya and send to Nby.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics