Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Good chasidish (and heimish) school in Boro Park for girls
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 7:32 am
I applied at bais brocha years for my dd years ago but couldnt get in. I graduated from TD and was very hesitant to send there (although many things changed) I heard nice things about bnos chaya but heard that they have strict no smartphone rules, shvimkleid in summer rules etc. I heard nice things about vien but also heard that theyre trying to become more chassidish. (I think their rule is tag filter on iphone) All these schools are hard to get into

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 7:36 am
I think bais brocha has a simpler crowd than vien. There are lots of overlap between all schools- people will send to where they can get in

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 8:15 am
"
Quote:
Do they have special values that their passionate about instilling in the students. Middos? Hashkafos? How are the teachers? And would they accept a parent with a filtered smartphone?
[/b]

Bnos chaya has a little of a yeshivish/chassidish flavor. But theres a huge mix of parents from different backgrounds and theyre all happy. Middos are stressed not just mentioned. The teachers are young because its a new school but thats not a bad think. The academics are high compared to other bp schools. As a staff member not a parent im not sure of they're exact internet rules. (There are parents that have smartphones but I dont know if they signed that they dont have and have anyway or they give in a tag number)

cnc

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 8:15 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
I applied at bais brocha years for my dd years ago but couldnt get in. I graduated from TD and was very hesitant to send there (although many things changed) I heard nice things about bnos chaya but heard that they have strict no smartphone rules, shvimkleid in summer rules etc. I heard nice things about vien but also heard that theyre trying to become more chassidish. (I think their rule is tag filter on iphone) All these schools are hard to get into

Bnos Chaya has a rule about shvimkleids? I find that hard to believe.

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 8:18 am
cnc wrote:

Me too!
Just saying what I heard from a parent- not first hand info.
My friend went for an interview and they were strict about no smartphone and they told her they stress yiddish soeaking

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 8:29 am
cnc wrote:

My cousin went to the daycamp, they give out two piece swim dresses to be used at camp. I don't think they tell you what to do at home/out of camp; it's just a thing they give out there like tees n knapsacks.
They are more chassidish than my heimish family, but it's all relative.

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 8:33 am
I’m following this thread with interest.... I would love to switch my girls out from the school theyre currently in but dont really feel that there are much differences in these choices. I’m also aware of how brutally hard it is to get accepted and dont have the energy to beg.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 8:59 am
[quote]What are they very strict about, is there something they focus on? What is their policy re: mom driving, internet/smart phone, tznius.

I dont know policies. I know what I see. There are some moms that drive. I dont believe thats something they nitpick about. Smartphones arent supposed to be brought to school/school events but there are some moms that have. I dont know if they lie about it. I could be that it needs to be for business only and give the school a tag code. Tznius is taught and spoken about in a beautiful way. I dont know rules. Moms range from fronts to black tights. In preschool girls need to cover their knees. I think thats normal!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 9:07 am
The shvimkleids are cute and fun. The girls love them. This is part of who bnos chaya is: the mashgiach said they should wear them so they do.

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 9:21 am
How does nesivos compare? Besides for the unlikely chance of someone with a shpitzel sending there? Also, is the school falling apart or not?

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 9:25 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
The shvimkleids are cute and fun. The girls love them. This is part of who bnos chaya is: the mashgiach said they should wear them so they do.

I think this is extreme for a neutral school. Until what grade are the girls in? I dont think this would fly with 6, 7 and 8 graders.

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 9:40 am
Bnos Chaya: How many parallel classes in 4th grade and how many kids per class, please?

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 9:51 am
Is Bais Fruma Munkatch still around?

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 9:54 am
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
How does nesivos compare? Besides for the unlikely chance of someone with a shpitzel sending there? Also, is the school falling apart or not?

My girls chassidish school had a few nesivos girls coming in last year because the school opened late

amother
White

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 10:19 am
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:

You can’t realy compare nesivos to Bnos Chaya... it’s totaly different derech. Nesivos is not chassidish nor do they try to be chassidish. Upper grades Hebrew is implemented a lot. Teachers will try to only speak Hebrew to girls and over the course of the year girls are expected to answer in Hebrew as well.. a lot of homes are more yeshivish. you’ll find chassidish homes there too just like in any Bais yaakov school but these homes are more simple torahdig type and not so chassidish maybe more heimish type. The school is doing very well they have a vaad haruchani and a board backing the school financially. It is very hard to get in there. They will only take you if they approve and feel you belong. Bnos Chaya is a chassidish school with more chassidish parent body. Most mothers don’t drive and a lot Go covered. If anything vein is less chassidish than Bnos Chaya and you’ll find more mothers driving there.

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 10:20 am
My girls chassidish school had a few nesivos girls coming in last year because the school opened late
That was two years ago. I can’t guarantee, but to the best of my knowledge, the school is stable and paying teachers on time.

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 10:24 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
That was two years ago. I can’t guarantee, but to the best of my knowledge, the school is stable and paying teachers on time.

Youre right- it was two years ago. Hows the high school? Do they expect you to send your elementary girls to their hs?

cnc

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 10:24 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
I think this is extreme for a neutral school. Until what grade are the girls in? I dont think this would fly with 6, 7 and 8 graders.

Their oldest grade is 5th grade.

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 10:25 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
You can’t realy compare nesivos to Bnos Chaya... it’s totaly different derech. Nesivos is not chassidish nor do they try to be chassidish. Upper grades Hebrew is implemented a lot. Teachers will try to only speak Hebrew to girls and over the course of the year girls are expected to answer in Hebrew as well.. a lot of homes are more yeshivish. you’ll find chassidish homes there too just like in any Bais yaakov school but these homes are more simple torahdig type and not so chassidish maybe more heimish type. The school is doing very well they have a vaad haruchani and a board backing the school financially. It is very hard to get in there. They will only take you if they approve and feel you belong. Bnos Chaya is a chassidish school with more chassidish parent body. Most mothers don’t drive and a lot Go covered. If anything vein is less chassidish than Bnos Chaya and you’ll find more mothers driving there.

This is an accurate post.

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 10:27 am
Youre right- it was two years ago. Hows the high school? Do they expect you to send your elementary girls to their hs?
The high school closed down.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics