Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Prosecute PEACH!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 3:54 pm
PEACH or whoever they are now should be prosecuted for targeting Orthodox Jewish households and spreading lies about vaccines! They know they are wrong - just look at this video where news reporters tried to track them down - no one to find - no address - they know they should be ashamed of themselves!

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/c.....eaks/

Sebastian

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 3:57 pm
There s that pesky 1st ammendment you would have to deal with first....

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 3:58 pm
Sebastian wrote:
There s that pesky 1st ammendment you would have to deal with first....

Freedom of speech is one thing - but intentionally targeting a specific community is another.

ectomorph

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 3:59 pm
Endangering others. I agree.

polka dots

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 7:09 pm
I’m So happy that the media is sharing that anti vaccines have nothing to do with the orthodox religion. It is unfair of antivaxxers to claim that it has anything to do with their religion

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 12:03 am
polka dots wrote:
I’m So happy that the media is sharing that anti vaccines have nothing to do with the orthodox religion. It is unfair of antivaxxers to claim that it has anything to do with their religion

So, I’m going to post as amother. But, I do want to say this, with a disclaimer beforehand. I vaccinate my kids. I am not happy about it, but I’m doing it. That being said, in NY, and I’m assuming in more places, it is only legal to not vaccinate for a religious exemption. If we would perhaps have more freedom of choice, this would not be an issue.
Furthermore however, people that are concerned about vaccinating their kids, for health reasons, are still covered by the Torah that commands us to watch our health- venishmartem meod lenafshoseifchem...

This is the first and probably last time I’m posting on this topic- I think it’s pretty pointless, but I did want to comment on what you said, since I disagree with you on that point.
I do understand what your answer would be though, if you were to say that they are painting religious people as irresponsible, but I personally understand them, and believe that their doing so for no other option where this is something they obviously care a lot about, and feel strongly about and cannot choose to refuse vaccinations for other reasons.

Sebastian

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 12:44 am
Someone who can claim they got measles bc of peach s propaganda can sue peach in civil court maybe

Amother ppl are using a religious exception as a personal belief exception. That must stop by canceling the religous exception like California did. Only those with medical exceptions shouldn't be vaccinated

If there was more choice more ppl wouldn't vaccinate and we d have even more preventable epidemics. No thanks.

itsmeima

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 9:11 am
Is it really so hard to figure out who’s behind PEACH?

southernbubby

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 9:26 am
It is probably like disclaimers on sites such as this one; don't use the advice here as a substitute for a doctor because the site is not responsible for the medical (or halachic) advice posted here. Use at your own risk

southernbubby

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 9:27 am
itsmeima wrote:
Is it really so hard to figure out who’s behind PEACH?

Whoever knows is obviously keeping a secret.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 9:31 am
Sebastian wrote:
Someone who can claim they got measles bc of peach s propaganda can sue peach in civil court maybe

Amother ppl are using a religious exception as a personal belief exception. That must stop by canceling the religous exception like California did. Only those with medical exceptions shouldn't be vaccinated

If there was more choice more ppl wouldn't vaccinate and we d have even more preventable epidemics. No thanks.

The was a great law and order episode about that.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 9:31 am
Ony in a dystopian society like we have today would we approve prosecuting people who have their own crazy message but we cannot prosecute a drug manufacturer whose product harms a baby, even if due a to a bad batch or whatever, unlike every single other drug they market.

-signed- friend of a mother whose baby died right a vaccination with noone to sue but if he died right after taking any other drug on earth, she would have someone to sue. And don't tell me that the kangaroo VAERS court with a very low cap on damages is an appropriate equivalent for the people who suffer demonstrable, devastating, damage, as can happen after using ANY drug product.

happyness

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 9:33 am
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
So, I’m going to post as amother. But, I do want to say this, with a disclaimer beforehand. I vaccinate my kids. I am not happy about it, but I’m doing it. That being said, in NY, and I’m assuming in more places, it is only legal to not vaccinate for a religious exemption. If we would perhaps have more freedom of choice, this would not be an issue.
Furthermore however, people that are concerned about vaccinating their kids, for health reasons, are still covered by the Torah that commands us to watch our health- venishmartem meod lenafshoseifchem...

This is the first and probably last time I’m posting on this topic- I think it’s pretty pointless, but I did want to comment on what you said, since I disagree with you on that point.
I do understand what your answer would be though, if you were to say that they are painting religious people as irresponsible, but I personally understand them, and believe that their doing so for no other option where this is something they obviously care a lot about, and feel strongly about and cannot choose to refuse vaccinations for other reasons.

Rabbi Braun from Chabad posted a beautiful response to your reasoning. In summary, he wrote that the same religion you are quoting, would require of you to listen to Daas Torah, which at large, is asking all of us to vaccinate, unless medically required not to.

ectomorph

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 9:36 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Ony in a dystopian society like we have today would we approve prosecuting people who have their own crazy message but we cannot prosecute a drug manufacturer whose product harms a baby, even if due a to a bad batch or whatever, unlike every single other drug they market.

-signed- friend of a mother whose baby died right a vaccination with noone to sue but if he died right after taking any other drug on earth, she would have someone to sue. And don't tell me that the kangaroo VAERS court with a very low cap on damages is an appropriate equivalent for the people who suffer demonstrable, devastating, damage, as can happen after using ANY drug product.

Just saying that SIDS or infant death can happen at any point. Some will happen after a vaccine. You have to look at statistics.

People often look for something to blame. But if she wasn't awarded damages, most likely the evidence wasn't there.

Of course, you're a mother, so you can make up anything and there's no way to fact check.

unexpected

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 9:40 am
Sebastian wrote:

Do you think that medical exemptions should be given on a per child basis or a per family? I don't know what I think myself but if a mother strongly believes her child suffered a vaccine-related incident should she be able to claim exemptions for all her children?

leah233

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 9:44 am
They probably have next to no assets.

If sued they would just close down and reopen under a different name.

There probably isn't anyone who would be held personally liable for their behavior.

Last edited by leah233 on Wed, May 29 2019, 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total

southernbubby

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 9:44 am

To win a malpractice lawsuit, you have to prove that the standard of care was breached and that the death or injury was caused by avoidable negligence. Drugs have known side effects and this doesn't mean that the sufferers of side effects were victims of malpractice.
Vaccine manufacturers would understandably close up shop if they made a reasonably safe product that would leave them open to lawsuit by those inevitable people who had a bad reaction.

sushilover

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 11:38 am

Im so sorry for your friend's loss!
1) who would your friend sue if her baby died of the measles or any other preventable disease?
2) I think you are confused. VAERS is not a court, it is just an agency which collects data about vaccines. The VICP is the compensation court.
3) It is far easier to be compensated by the VICP than civil court.
Most importantly, the VICP will award damages even without scientific evidence that the vaccines caused the injury. Simply having a logical medical theory that it may have been caused by the vaccine is enough.

Yes, there is a cap for the damages, but you are far, far more likely to be compensated than if you were allowed to sue through civil court.
Additionally, if you can prove that the vaccine manufacturers lied, then they can certainly be sued according to the supreme court.

Sebastian

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 11:51 am
unexpected wrote:
Do you think that medical exemptions should be given on a per child basis or a per family? I don't know what I think myself but if a mother strongly believes her child suffered a vaccine-related incident should she be able to claim exemptions for all her children?

I am not a dr but I dont believe a dr would give a medical exception to an entire family if one child had a reaction. There is no scientific evidence afaik showing that siblings are more likely to have a reaction if one child in the family did. The mother can believe what she likes and homeschool.

Also dr who give too many exceptions should be investigated to make sure they are giving them for legit reasons.

keym

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 12:05 pm
Sebastian wrote:
I am not a dr but I dont believe a dr would give a medical exception to an entire family if one child had a reaction. There is no scientific evidence afaik showing that siblings are more likely to have a reaction if one child in the family did. The mother can believe what she likes and homeschool.

Also dr who give too many exceptions should be investigated to make sure they are giving them for legit reasons.

I don't know.
Medical research supports the idea that conditions run in immediate families.
Families are prone to allergies, asthma, digestive conditions, etc.
Several of my kids have food allergies so I'm very slow and cautious to introduce new foods.
If a family has a child with a vaccine injury, I would understand going very slowly and cautiously and delaying and giving as necessary.
However, in my example just because my kids have allergies doesn't mean that my sisters kids should never eat peanuts or eggs or dairy or whatever, and my cousins, and neighbors, and in laws etc shouldn't give it to their kids. And I definitely should not be putting out publications and lectures on The Truth About Peanuts and The Danger of Feeding our Kids Eggs.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics