Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
The yummiest dairy dessert!

myomi

Post Mon, Aug 15 2005, 1:44 pm
I made the yummiest ice cream cake yesterday for dessert for after the fast,it took me 5 minutes to prepare and it was spectacular:
take 1 pkg or choc chiop cookie and dip then in milk,line the bottom and sides of a springform pan.then pour in ice cream(I used vanilla) that has been sitting at room temp for about 20 mins.then ifroze it till it got hard again,then shmeared choc., fudge over the top sprinkled it with spirinkles and refroze it. it's 1/2 gone and barely took any time at all to prepare.

proudmom

Post Mon, Aug 15 2005, 6:57 pm
that sounds so good. I think I am going to try it.

bubble gum

Post Mon, Aug 15 2005, 10:27 pm
Ive heard of a recipe with same idea but I guess more for adults- dip choc chip cookies in kahlua and place on bottom of pan. Pour a beat up whip over (probably good to add some confectionarys sugar and vanilla to the whip) and freeze. Can add another layer of cookies and whip if want. Probably ur recipe would also be great if added another layer- but then again thats just more work!!

Post Tue, Aug 16 2005, 1:45 pm
sounds like a delicious trifle that I make- not as easy, and I usually make it for special occasions:

make a duncan hines devil foods' cake mix (or you own home-made equivalent Wink ) in two round pans.
soak choc. chip cookies in hot, strong coffee w/ some kahlua.
whip up a rich's whip.

layer- 1. one cake, 2. some cookies- they're supposed to mushy/falling apart but don't add the liquid itself, 3.whip 4. other cake 5. more cookies 6. whip 7. garnish w/ choc. shavings

Boys"R"Us

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 11:43 pm
myomi wrote:
I made the yummiest ice cream cake yesterday for dessert for after the fast,it took me 5 minutes to prepare and it was spectacular:
take 1 pkg or choc chiop cookie and dip then in milk,line the bottom and sides of a springform pan.then pour in ice cream(I used vanilla) that has been sitting at room temp for about 20 mins.then ifroze it till it got hard again,then shmeared choc., fudge over the top sprinkled it with spirinkles and refroze it. it's 1/2 gone and barely took any time at all to prepare.

Myomi - if you see this.... (or anyone else who knows),

I would love to make this for Shavuot, but I'm not sure about the "chocolate fudge" part. Is it something that I can buy? Or do I make it myself? (Is there a recipe for it?)

Sorry about all the questions!

Thanks for your help,
Debbie

shopaholic

Post Thu, Jun 01 2006, 11:00 am
I want to know about the fudge too. I think there's a recipe in the "Ice cream Toppings" thread started by girliesmommy. Dunno if it work for this though.

Also, I went into the liquor store here & he told me that Kahlua isn't Kosher. He gave me Tia Maria - said it's similar.

myomi

Post Thu, Jun 01 2006, 12:57 pm
its the baskin robbins fudge topping,but u can buy regular fudge anywhere.

shopaholic

Post Thu, Jun 01 2006, 2:17 pm
oh Sad Gonna have to look for a recipe quick. I already did the cookies & ice cream part. It already looks delicious.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics