Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Tips for a kindergarten morah

Yudit

Post Wed, Nov 28 2007, 5:02 pm
whats a normal amount of money to tip my 4 year old kindergarten morah and assistance

Nikki

Post Wed, Nov 28 2007, 5:16 pm
I plan on buying the new cookbook that Peppermill just came out with for my daughter's teacher and assistant. One year I gave out the shabbos lamps, one year I just did cash or a gift card to a seforim store. My cousin who has a kindergarten told me that she loves when people give her a gift card to a seforim store and this way she will buy tapes for the kids to play in school.

shopaholic

Post Thu, Nov 29 2007, 8:39 am
In DD's class, we are chipping in, that way we each only have to give $10 per teacher, whereas if you give alone, you have to give more.

For DS's preschool teachers & DS's Rebbi, I'm giving chocolates like I do every year.

MMEC123

Post Thu, Nov 29 2007, 5:09 pm
Nikki wrote:
I plan on buying the new cookbook that Peppermill just came out with for my daughter's teacher and assistant. One year I gave out the shabbos lamps, one year I just did cash or a gift card to a seforim store. My cousin who has a kindergarten told me that she loves when people give her a gift card to a seforim store and this way she will buy tapes for the kids to play in school.
Your cousin is nice that she used the gift card to buy stuff for her students but that is not necessarily the norm. Buy the teacher something she can use!

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Nov 29 2007, 5:25 pm
I like the cookbook idea!
I have a 3 year old and need/want to get something for his teachers. that's a great idea! (now all I need to do is get to the store...)

Nikki

Post Thu, Nov 29 2007, 5:38 pm
Even if you don't use it for the class you can buy something for your kids in a judaica store. People feel that if you give a teacher cash then it just goes for groceries vs. a gift card that you are forced to spend in a store somting that you want.

Laughing Bag!

Post Mon, Jun 30 2008, 1:39 pm
I wish I would get tips purim I got some small presents a token of appreciation that I was very happy to get but I think the 20$ I got from one mother was still used best!!!! Very Happy LOL Wink Very Happy Very Happy Exclamation Exclamation
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics