Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Why are these sheitels so cheap?

Post Wed, Jul 27 2005, 3:53 pm
Can anyone tell me why these are so cheap? I understand the synthetic ones being that price, but why the natural ones, too?
http://www.yaffawigs.com/specials.html

proudmom

Post Wed, Jul 27 2005, 3:59 pm
I just call them up and they told me that is the leftover sheitles and they are trying to get rid of it. It is 100% human

queenie

Post Wed, Jul 27 2005, 5:10 pm
First of all, there is only one that says it's human hair. I would also check if it is really human or what they call "Human." Human can be a name of a type of hair and not really from a person.

they are also short sheitals and who knows the quality of the hair and the netting. Is there a part? The picture you see may also be after the wig has been cut and styled - that may cost you another $100. In Toronto, many sheital machers won't even cut a sheital you bought from someone else.

Tefila

Post Wed, Jul 27 2005, 6:56 pm
Why do u care why they r soo cheap. As long as they don't fall apart whilst u r wearing it who cares Wink

chavamom

Post Wed, Jul 27 2005, 7:32 pm
queenie wrote:
First of all, there is only one that says it's human hair. I would also check if it is really human or what they call "Human." Human can be a name of a type of hair and not really from a person.

I'm 99% sure that if they say 'human', it has tto be human hair. The difference is that some are Korean hair which is coarse and has been bleached and then dyed a color, vs. "European human" which is not dyed and tends to be softer.

queenie

Post Thu, Jul 28 2005, 12:11 am
No, not all "human hair" sheitals are really human hair. that was my point.

Secondly, all the hair in sheitals is dyed no matter where they come from.

chavamom

Post Thu, Jul 28 2005, 12:17 am
queenie wrote:
No, not all "human hair" sheitals are really human hair. that was my point.

Even if it is Korean, it is still human! You are probably too young to remember when a 'human hair' sheitel meant 'non-synthetic' and almost all of them were dyed Korean (or now as we find out, Indian) hair.

queenie wrote:
Secondly, all the hair in sheitals is dyed no matter where they come from.

According to my neighbor the sheitelmacher, not true. European hair and the hair in custom sheitels (or 'boxed custom' or 'semicustom' or the various other names they go by) are NOT dyed. That is why they last longer and they don't oxydize/fade. The sheitel machers often take them on consignment so you can 'preview' them. The color is often approximated to a color scale, but not exact b/c it is not dyed. I have two of these sheitels and they do not carry the standard '16/10' type color tag in them - b/c they are not standardized! The hair usually comes from the FSU and that is why it is 'European' and doesn't need to be dyed, just approximated to what color someone is looking for.

chavamom

Post Thu, Jul 28 2005, 12:27 am
from a sheitel website:
Quote:
The best human hair wigs are 100% natural and usually of European origin. Due to the quality of the hair used in the wigs, and the fact that they are so easy to work with, unprocessed Human Hair Wigs are normally more expensive and difficult to acquire than processed hair wigs.

By contrast, less expensive wigs are usually made from processed hair that has undergone one or more chemical processes to change its outer appearance. This type of hair is generally of Asian origin and is coarse and relatively heavy.

RedVines

Post Thu, Jul 28 2005, 12:29 am
It looks great, what is the general census? Yes or No? I am going to call them tomorrow!!

Post Thu, Jul 28 2005, 12:26 pm
freilich wrote:
Why do u care why they r soo cheap. As long as they don't fall apart whilst u r wearing it who cares Wink

Yup Freilich, I'm worried THAT is why they're so cheap!!! anyone call yet? I'm too chicken embarrassed

de_goldy

Post Thu, Jul 28 2005, 5:56 pm
They're cheap because they're nasty. And it's only those particular six on sale...

supermom

Post Sun, Jul 31 2005, 5:47 am
yaffa always has sheitals on sale and sometimes they have a buy one and get the second free. I just got a sheital from them that was only five hundred dollars european hair the hair is unbelievablely soft didn't wear it yet though, I first need to fix it up to fit my widows peak.

Ruchi

Post Tue, Nov 08 2005, 9:42 am
I once bought a shietel from the Yaffa Specials and I regretted it.

From what I understand they usually sell the end of lines cheap, because they are no longer going to manufacture this stye or they are changing the style. These sheitels are old and have been lying in the boxes for an unmentionable period of time.

I bought two of such wigs and the end bit at the back was totally dried out. This was only recongisable once my sheitel macher had washed and blowed it. She advised I go back to Yaffa, which I did, however they refused to take it back insisting that my sheitel macher must have damaged it!, which was obviously untrue.

I suggest that if u really do want to take advantage of specials, that you personally go into yaffa with a maven who understands well about sheitels so that it can be checked out on the spot to see if all seems ok and hairs are good!

Good luck! and happy sheitel hunting!

RivkaS

Post Tue, Nov 08 2005, 12:23 pm
Ruchi 100% right - never buy mezies when it comes to shaitels that also counts for Jaqueline and Georgie! I argued that the hair is from a horse but it did not help me... Exploding anger

ElTam

Post Tue, Nov 08 2005, 12:34 pm
I have two from them that I bought when I was becoming frum. One is okay, the other one is horrible. Dry, coarse. Badly sewn in the top.

If you can't go in person, I wouldn't buy.

Yael

Post Tue, Nov 08 2005, 1:55 pm
I bought a sheitel from yaffa online and it was shipped to me, and I love it. I was lucky B"H. I've had it for 2 1/2 yrs and its still good though not as soft as when I first got it. and it was very cheap. under 400.

shayna82

Post Tue, Nov 08 2005, 2:03 pm
wow, your lucky.. personally I dont see how I can order something like that online. did you then get it styled and cut where you live?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels