Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
Ideas where to go chol hamoed (brooklyn)
Previous  1  2  3  Next

avimom

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 10:16 pm
Went to coney island today and went on the rides at Dino's Wonder Wheel. No lines at all!! People proably thought that becuase astroland closed down, this did too, but it didn't!! My son loved the rides. Tomorrow we plan on taking the train (a trip in itself for my son) to the toys r us in times square to ride the ferris wheel. Should be fun. Tuesday probably the Staten Island children's museum- I heard it's amazing.

nicole81

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 10:17 pm
we went to long island game farm. it took us about 1.5 hours to get there, so it's a long ride. but it wasn't packed at all. the kids could run around with deer, sheep, goats, and other animals. it's more than just a petting zoo, you're actually in the animal's habitat.

they also have some other zoo animals and a couple of rides. much better than the si zoo, and waay less crowded than the bronx.

Bzgirl

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 8:27 pm
I went to Staten Island Game farm today my dd loved it...

yersp

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 11:47 pm
I was at Adventureland today!! Were any of you there????

Pickle Lady

Post Tue, Oct 02 2007, 11:03 am
I took my kids to chucky cheese in the atantic mall after I returned something. It was packed with yidden. My kids had a blast, it was cheap and close.

Bzgirl

Post Tue, Oct 02 2007, 7:30 pm
anybody in the NY Aquarium today? just curious if I saw anyone!

Dini

Post Tue, Oct 02 2007, 7:39 pm
I went to Hershey Park, we stayed at the hershey lodge on sunday night and we were at the park at 11am monday morning. today we just stayed home. I was totally tired out!!

Bzgirl

Post Tue, Oct 02 2007, 7:48 pm
my lil sister went to hershey with a tour with a bunch of friends...she was a zombie today lol

nicole81

Post Tue, Oct 02 2007, 8:08 pm
avimom wrote:
Went to coney island today and went on the rides at Dino's Wonder Wheel. No lines at all!! People proably thought that becuase astroland closed down, this did too, but it didn't!! My son loved the rides. Tomorrow we plan on taking the train (a trip in itself for my son) to the toys r us in times square to ride the ferris wheel. Should be fun. Tuesday probably the Staten Island children's museum- I heard it's amazing.

thanks for the idea! I went to deno's today with the kids and my toddler had an awesome time. and it was pretty empty, too.

yersp

Post Tue, Oct 02 2007, 10:19 pm
nicole81 wrote:
thanks for the idea! I went to deno's today with the kids and my toddler had an awesome time. and it was pretty empty, too.

YOU DIDNT SEE ME??? I WAS THERE TOO TODAY!!! I was wearing a black turtleneck and beige vest with flowers and a black skirt. I was pushing a maclaren stroller with a diaper bag on the handles. My daughter was wearing a brown velour dress and my son was wearing a sweater and blue overalls. My husband enjoyed some of the rides together with my kids!!
So..............did you see me??!!

nicole81

Post Tue, Oct 02 2007, 10:43 pm
I don't think I saw you, I don't remember seeing any boys in overalls. what time were you there? I was there from around 3:00-4:30.

my daughter is my avatar, I was wearing a knee length denim skirt, 3/4 sleeve tee and was with another girl wearing a tshirt and jeans. I had a double combi stroller...

yersp

Post Tue, Oct 02 2007, 10:47 pm
nicole81 wrote:
I don't think I saw you, I don't remember seeing any boys in overalls. what time were you there? I was there from around 3:00-4:30.

my daughter is my avatar, I was wearing a knee length denim skirt, 3/4 sleeve tee and was with another girl wearing a tshirt and jeans. I had a double combi stroller...

I was there at that time!!! I was busy with my kids so I cant remember if I saw your daughter or not!! All I remember is that DH played a game and was ripped off of about $80! You have 10 chances to knock a pc btwn balls out of the circle its in. Just like pool except it's only 3 balls surrounding the pc and one ball that you have to knock into the balls. Every time you miss you have to put up double the amount that you put up. DH was up to the last chance and he missed so the owner said that he's buying this chance and if DH makes it he gets his $80+ and 2 teddy bears. He missed! All we got was a pink teddy bear for DD for trying. Oh well!!

nicole81

Post Tue, Oct 02 2007, 10:53 pm
I passed by some people playing that game on my way in and out. you can never trust them, I think most of them are rigged. at least your dd got a prize!

one last try, since I remember a brother and sister there... does your ds have light hair, like blond or reddish blondish, and did they go on the boat ride together??

we had a good time there today. I felt very safe in the park, but it stinks that coney island itself is so shady. walking back to my car was a little nervewracking. I didn't have my dh with me!

yersp

Post Tue, Oct 02 2007, 10:56 pm
it's very likely it was them!! DS does have lightish brownish blondish hair and DD has dark hair. Very opposite of each other. They went on a boat ride, but there were so many there. Can you remember what the ride looked like exactly?

nicole81

Post Tue, Oct 02 2007, 11:19 pm
like a boat:)

Beauty and the Beast

Post Tue, Oct 02 2007, 11:53 pm
that game is a total scam. my brother did it one year, things got so bad, the police had to be brought in....

yersp

Post Tue, Oct 02 2007, 11:55 pm
We tried passing by without stopping but he literally stood in front of us and sort of "forced" us to play the game. Oh well! lesson well learnt!!

Beauty and the Beast

Post Wed, Oct 03 2007, 12:21 am
well, the police couldve been used in that case too!! total harrasment.
oh well! at least u got a teddy bear. my bro came home with an empty wallet, and a sulking wife.

Nikki

Post Wed, Oct 03 2007, 1:09 am
Does anyone know if Nelli Blie will be opened on Wednesday morning? Also for those that went how was it?

Nikki

Post Wed, Oct 03 2007, 1:09 am
What about Coney Island, is Dino Land opened on Wednesday too or just on Sundays?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics