Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
Ideas where to go chol hamoed (brooklyn)
1  2  3  Next

shlumzmum

Post Mon, Sep 24 2007, 2:06 pm
where can we go on chol hamoed? my son is 3 and we wanna go to places where he will have fun and we will enjoy ourselves too but now where everyone else goes (like the yidishe rides)

nicole81

Post Mon, Sep 24 2007, 7:40 pm
I think anywhere you go in brooklyn is going to be crowded... nelly blye, coney island, prospect park zoo... it's not like 18th ave, but I don't think they'll be much better.

I just checked the jewish children's museum website. they're open chol hamoed with advance reservations only, so maybe they won't be so crowded. also, the brooklyn children's museum is great too.

avimom

Post Sat, Sep 29 2007, 8:34 pm
My son loved the brooklyn children's museum- it's low key- good for little kids. Also, the queens hall of science (out of brooklyn, but not too far) has a great toddler area and we liked it too. If you go early enough, it's not too crowded- a lot of people were coming at 2:00 as we left. Dino's wonder wheel at coney island is also nice, if he doesn't mind going on the rides himself- they don't allow adults on most of the rides. They're really little kids rides, like the "airplanes" or fire trucks that go around and around. Plus, you can walk on the boardwalk and/or go in the water if you like. We always enjoy that.

Pickle Lady

Post Sat, Sep 29 2007, 9:24 pm
Brooklyn childrens museum is closed till april 2008 for renovations.

el2cg

Post Sat, Sep 29 2007, 10:00 pm
if your willing to travel, go to storybook land. I personally would just go to queens zoo were the have a petting zoo that my kids enjoy.

Mama Bear

Post Sat, Sep 29 2007, 10:11 pm
queens zoo has a petting zoo? yay! I was planning to go today and was worried if my toddler would liek it.

miriamnechama

Post Sat, Sep 29 2007, 10:34 pm
I'm going to the yan hamelach..... Wink

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 6:06 am
Be sure to wash hands well after a petting zoo!!!

Pickle Lady

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 6:09 am
chocolate moose wrote:
Be sure to wash hands well after a petting zoo!!!

there are usually signs all over those places to wash your hands after petting hte animals. Most actually have sinks with soap in the area of a petting zoo. Even all over the childrens museums now they have tons of handsantizers.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 6:13 am
Eh, we probably wont actually touch the animals, but if they are small enough and close enough to be petting zoo animals, they'll be fun for my son.

Yudit

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 9:53 am
were going to hershy park probably staying overnight

shlumzmum

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 9:58 am
we are going to adventures (formely nellie bly) today. I'm sure it will be packed with yiden but we promissed our ds that he will go on rides

anyone has information about sesame place?? its open tomorrow and I wanna know if its intresting for a 3 year old boy (he loves elmo)

yersp

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 10:06 am
I've asked about sesame place and was told it's 98% water rides. Nothing much you can do without getting wet.

yersp

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 10:08 am
We're probably just going to take the ferry from 1st avenue and 58th street into battery park. We did it last year and the kids loved it!! In fact DD keeps on asking me when we're going on the ferry. Once we got to battery park, (or I think it was wall street, I'm not sure!!) we just strolled around a bit, went into a few stores and took the ferry back home.

faigie

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 12:50 pm
would anyone know if the brooklyn botanical garden is safe to stroll around if I am by myself? yeah I need the down time, and its free of tuesdays.

MrsLeo

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 12:58 pm
faigie wrote:
would anyone know if the brooklyn botanical garden is safe to stroll around if I am by myself? yeah I need the down time, and its free of tuesdays.

I dont see why not

brooklyn

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 1:06 pm
Went to Hershey over Labor Day, We're going to Great Wolf Lodge, heard it is supposed to be nice.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 2:24 pm
I've heard the weather is supposed to be nice all week!

Bzgirl

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 2:49 pm
shlumzmum wrote:
we are going to adventures (formely nellie bly) today. I'm sure it will be packed with yiden but we promissed our ds that he will go on rides

anyone has information about sesame place?? its open tomorrow and I wanna know if its intresting for a 3 year old boy (he loves elmo)

I was at Adventures today !! did I see you;)
about sesame place, my sil told me its separate girls and boys, does that mean that you cant take your son on the rides? does he have to go with ur dh? besides its a bit odd to go on water rides this time of the year....dd also luvs elmo but I dunno

shlumzmum

Post Sun, Sep 30 2007, 5:09 pm
Bzgirl wrote:
shlumzmum wrote:

I was at Adventures today !! did I see you;)
about sesame place, my sil told me its separate girls and boys, does that mean that you cant take your son on the rides? does he have to go with ur dh? besides its a bit odd to go on water rides this time of the year....dd also luvs elmo but I dunno

maybe I saw you! my son loved it, we bought him a 20 dollar admission band and he went on alot of rides. was there from 2.30 till 4.30.
not sure if we;ll go to sesame place tomorrow, its a long ride and not so intresting for a 3 year old.

where else can we go? we're out of ideas
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics