Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Double Strollers
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

luv2bamom

Post Sun, Jul 31 2005, 12:03 am
I dont know what the duo glider is but I do know that for really easy pushing the Valco baby is absolutely awesome!
it goes over everything and anything, you can pull it up steps backwards, and it literally does all the work for you, ive gotten comments like " that must be the cadilac of carriages!) I love it
but to be honest my husband hates it , cuz its not the easiest thing to get into the back of a car, or to store away! oh well, but I say for the mom and for the kids too, its very comfortable even for a newborn, its the best! and well worth the price!

supermom

Post Sun, Jul 31 2005, 4:32 am
how much did you pay for your carriage?

Tefila

Post Sun, Jul 31 2005, 11:33 am
So I just sold my tandem for almost the price I originaly paid by our second hand newspaper here and purchased a duo rider side by side. I explained to toys r us my dilemma in trying out strollers w/h twins and they graciously told me I have 45 days trial if it's not what I'm looking for I can return it. For a refund or exchange as long as I keep original packaging and reciept ofcourse!
So now first of all it's very very light at 22lbs compared to the truck at 40lbs b/4 kids shock that I was driving before. Folds flat and my husband says it's a mechaya to lift. This week I'll see if 1) it will go on our buses unfolded. 2) If it will fit thru the wheelchair bathrooms. Since w/h the tandems I had no problem doing that . It has a huge basket underneath and my daughter decided to try to fit in there and she did 8)
The only downfall is it's not those big wheel ones. But I guess one can't have it all. Besides in our cold weather by the time the snow arrives who takes their kids on a leisurely jog outdoors shock my daughter rides on the litaf step 2 go which attaches to this stroller can see everything and ride along.

Bottom line this type of purchase: if you can buy it somewhere where they have a good return policy of atleast a month I would go ahead and purchase it. Rather then be something you're stuck w/h.
Thats it 4 now , Enjoy and happy strolling Very Happy

P.s. If you want to review ratings conc strollers and models I found babygaga reviews helpful or epinions.

im my kids ima

Post Mon, Aug 01 2005, 8:04 am
I have a side by side jogger and I luv it I go everywhere with it I dont live in ny and get looks everytime I go out but its amazing if u luv to walk (like I do) the kids have there space and can fall asleep. if u want to but it in the car its not so bad the front wheels come off and r not hard to take off and put back on. and its not such a pain. after walking with my double jogger I cant go back to pushing my single peg. I think it was the best thing ever made.

luv2bamom

Post Mon, Aug 01 2005, 3:21 pm
Back to the valco baby I paid $450.00 for it and its worth e/ penny actually the front wheels of this also come off to be able to fit better in a car!

Tovah

Post Mon, Aug 01 2005, 7:52 pm
I just bought my second and I tell u the first was a preg. side by side and I hated that it was hard to stear, but then when I bought my tandem, I realized it's not that bad. the tandem is a monster it's very heavy.
so I guess I like my preg. but it's hard to stear in the big. when their's a big diff in weight. now that my son weights almost as much as my daughter it's much more pleasant.

daisy

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 6:28 am
Has anyone ever tried this stroller?
It looks interesting, but I can't find reviews anywhere.

Safety 1st Transit Tandem

im my kids ima

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 8:28 am
youngmom I waz talking about the valco baby I paid the same do u have the runabout 05 I luv the way thay made the top

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 2:03 pm
daisy wrote:
Has anyone ever tried this stroller?
It looks interesting, but I can't find reviews anywhere.

Safety 1st Transit Tandem

that back seat looks mighty squishy (in the pic, haven't seen it "in person") and you can't start using it until the baby is 6 months!

Tefila

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 3:41 pm
And ican just see when they grow up the pulling of hair will be soooo tempting Twisted Evil

IndyMom

Post Mon, Aug 08 2005, 7:10 pm
I am buying the InStep Safarii TT double stroller - does anyone have this? Are you happy with it?

lucy

Post Tue, Aug 09 2005, 6:36 pm
I have a double jogger schwinn, it's great.
Light, moves over anything, fold pretty flat (& I don't have to remove the front wheel to fold) I can put it in the trunk and still have room for over things! I can't get thru every doorway, but the ones that I can't get throught I don't really care bc I don't take my kids there when I do go - I do most of my shopping at night! & was not so expensive got it online ebay store brand new for $200 usd.
If you do get a jogger make sure the front wheel swivvels for easy turning.

nechamashifra

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 9:46 pm
A website that I found really helpful when it comes to buying anything from strollers to high chairs to cameras to mostly anything is www.epinions.com
For example when you browse strollers, you can read how other owners of a particular stroller have rated it and they'll tell you all the pros and cons. http://www.epinions.com/Strollers
Flower

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sat, Dec 03 2005, 11:28 pm
Hi! I'm reviving this thread I started several months ago because now it's almost l'mayseh bE"H! As my due date approaches, I realize I really need to decide.
I read through the reviews you all wrote here and I see many like the Graco DuoGlider.
So here's my situation and let me know if you think this stroller is good.

My kids will be"H be about 17 months apart.
I need to go up about 10 stairs to leave my house....will it be difficult?
It is mainly for city (NY) streets.
I would like it to fit down the aisles in a store.....otherwise, besides for walks, where would I be going with 2 kids?
So...is the Duo Glider good for my situation?
Thanks so much for all your help, opinions, etc.!

happyone

Post Sat, Dec 03 2005, 11:35 pm
for all my two cents is worth, buy a cheap double stroller as most double strollers break, especially when the weight isn't distributed evenly, like in your case. I found it easier to buy two double strollers in a cheap version (ie. graco) than to buy one maclaren or expensive stroller.
I have found that my friends that bought expensive ones at the same time I bought my cheaper version ended up replacing it at the same time as me. Except that I was approx. $150.00 ahead of the game.

Smile

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sat, Dec 03 2005, 11:40 pm
what do you call "cheap"?
The graco duo is about $150, which is about what we paid for the single stroller

chevymum

Post Sat, Dec 03 2005, 11:48 pm
I have a Duo Glider that cost about $200.00 around 2years ago. It is still working fine.... there is of course wear and tear and it is a Stadium Seating style with a full rain cover ... that is great.... I am just now starting to have issues with my 37ibs son sitting in the front.... he has to sit in the back where there is no plastic thing for the legs to go through! There is loads of basket space underneath .... but I doubt I could carry it up loads of stairs.... with 2 kids as well ..... I picked the Duo over the Eddie Bauder because it weighed so much less ...but it is still a heavy item. I use mine all the time and it has been to disney 3 times.... it has served me well for the money I spent on it. For shopping I would suggest a Stadium seating stroller.... the side by side stops you from walking between aisles in most stores..... Also.... pick a darker color.... it saves the constant washing :-)

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sat, Dec 03 2005, 11:56 pm
what do you mean by stadium seating? like the duoglider, where one is higher than the other?
also, as for shlepping up stairs, I could take it up, then the baby and hopefully the toddler with follow up himself. HOPEFULLY. Smile it's not that many stairs.

Tefila

Post Sat, Dec 03 2005, 11:59 pm
Quote:
I need to go up about 10 stairs to leave my house

Get the lightest stroller possible in u'r case. The duo glider is NOT LIGHT. Combi, maclaren r but expensive. or cheaper umbrellas such as kolcraft or jeep side by side umbrella strollers r cheap. Hatzlacha Tongue Out

IndyMom

Post Sun, Dec 04 2005, 9:38 am
I am a big fan of jogging strollers - but I think in your case the duoglder might be best as long as the toddler walks to 10 steps. Also, when the baby is really tiny you can click her car seat into it so you could potentially leave your baby in your apt for 2 secs while you run the stroller up the stepsand then run back for the baby (meanwhile the toddler would be working his slow way up the steps anyway so you wouldn't be wasting any more time by doing that.) you could do the same thing when you come home - just undo them both at the top of the steps and run the baby down to your apt and run back to get your stroller. It's a pain - but even I have to make 2 trips sometimes from my car to my house - it's easier then trying to carry 2 million things at once.
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics