Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Termites in a picture frame

carrot

Post Wed, Jul 06 2005, 5:13 pm
I suspect that I have termites in a wooden picture frame (which comes from a third-world country.) the reason I think there are termites is because yesterday I found a little pile of - well, it looked like flour or corn meal, but now I think it's sawdust, - right under where the picture hangs. when I mentioned it to my husband he said he found some there a few days ago.

anyone had this? do you think it's termites? and if so, what should I do? can I somehow kill the termites or do I have to just throw out the whole frame?

someone please answer!

thanks

gryp

Post Wed, Jul 06 2005, 5:15 pm
hey carrot- I would suspect the same thing. is this frame new? why did this just start happening?

carrot

Post Wed, Jul 06 2005, 5:20 pm
the frame is new, but not that new. I think a few months by now. so I don't know why this just started happening. unless they've been happily chewing away for a while and it just started to fall out?

Didi

Post Wed, Jul 06 2005, 7:24 pm
I would call an exterminator in to make sure you dont have termites in your house also. They should be able to give you a better Idea of what to do with the picture frame

Tefila

Post Wed, Jul 06 2005, 8:48 pm
Oh golly u got me scared now I found when wanting to reupholster chairs that r quite old but great wood sand like saw dust came out of it. I presumed it was from the cushioning underneath now though I'm not sure shock

carrot

Post Wed, Jul 06 2005, 9:52 pm
I am renting so I don't actually care if there are termites in my house... sorry, not that altruistic! anyway I doubt it because I never saw this except near this one picture frame which comes from a third world country, so I don't know why I even accepted it.

I know I could hire someone but that seems like overkill for one little picture frame... not worth the money, although I like the frame a lot, it is unique and brightens up the room.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry