Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
SWINGSETS - any advice for one about to buy?

queen

Post Sun, Jul 15 2007, 8:45 pm
We're looking to buy a wooden swingset for our backyard. Any suggestions or recommendations of what is good/not necessary from those that have traveled this road before us?

We're thinking of buying from Creative Playthings, but open to other suggestions.

http://www.creativeplaythings......g-set

Tefila

Post Sun, Jul 15 2007, 9:33 pm
I'd be interested on their pricing as opposed to exactly the same for a residential swing set from a home depot Confused
Otherwise nope I have no idea, see we have a big backyard which my boys love to run and play ball soccer etc a swingset plus an enclosed trampoline, takes up space. So we have opted just for the trampoline with no age limit as opposed to a swingset that does.

For my little ones we have a playground/park around the corner.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 15 2007, 9:49 pm
the more swings the better- theyre the favorite, shade is nice atop the "clubhouse slide thingy, nobody uses the monkey bars, be properly anchored is very important, climbing thing on the side is nice too.

happyone

Post Sun, Jul 15 2007, 10:17 pm
The Rainbow sets are great!
http://www.rainbowplay.com/

greenfire

Post Sun, Jul 15 2007, 10:37 pm
who says nobody uses monkey bars ... when my kids were little ... first thing they saw ...

and even though I like the thought of having a swingset ... I prefer the space in my yard and a trip to the park ...

but there are so many to choose from these days ... look on line and find the lot of them ... then at least you will make an informed decision ...

queen

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 12:23 am
two things in flux-
tire swing (do kids enjoy that, or just the 'traditional' swing
wooden floor under house/slide. (otherwise I find that area becomes 'wasted' as no kids play there. I'm hoping if there is a wooden floor, it would open up that area.

these are my thoughts. any advice or suggestions?

(tefila- check your mailbox)

madys

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 9:33 am
We have a wooden swing set from Wood Kingdom- We've had if 6 years - the most important thing is maintenance!!

Every other year, we have them come back to tighten all the bolts, make sure the stakes are anchored properly, and stain and seal the wood.

queen

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 1:27 pm
anyone really recommend a rock wall.... or is it a novelty that wears off mighty fast?
As my husband says- no need to break the bank over this, so I'm trying to see how to get the best for the amount we are willing to spend.

Tefila

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 1:48 pm
Quote:
wooden floor under house/slide. (otherwise I find that area becomes 'wasted' as no kids play there. I'm hoping if there is a wooden floor, it would open up that area.
[/quote]
Trust me we have commercial one at the school with nothing under, and the kids love to play hide and sek and pretend there.

Imo If you are gone hoe about this swing set Tongue Out then atleast get one that has features that your nearby park say, does not have ...........
And a climbing wall is every boys favourite thoug hnow you have girls even big boys love that (psss I love them too) Twisted Evil

queen

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 3:43 pm
Tefila wrote:
And a climbing wall is every boys favourite thoug hnow you have girls even big boys love that (psss I love them too) Twisted Evil

when can we set up a play date????????

About the floor- I'll be honest embarrassed it's more aestetics in my book than anything else.... embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed Sometimes I see with other people that the area under house becomes wasted space or filled with weeds etc. I thought this way it will stay neat looking... plus the kids can play a board game under there....? Does this make sense or do I need someone to bang me over the head and get real??? Very Happy

queen

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 3:45 pm
oh.... and about the rock wall- After putting in my order I asked them to clinche the deal by throwing in something for us. At first they said they couldn't.... and then finally said- "ok" 8) so I think we'll take the rock wall.

(only allowed to place order during 9 days bec. otherwise I'd miss a big sale on this item)

queen

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 9:59 pm
queen wrote:
About the floor- I'll be honest embarrassed it's more aestetics in my book than anything else.... embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed Sometimes I see with other people that the area under house becomes wasted space or filled with weeds etc. I thought this way it will stay neat looking... plus the kids can play a board game under there....? Does this make sense or do I need someone to bang me over the head and get real??? Very Happy

It's good I'm married to someone who has their head on their shoulders LOL. We discussed the need/reasoning of having a floor to the swing set and decided against it. Not enough gain to make the added expense necessary. So tefila- you can rest now, we aint getting that floor!

Tefila

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 11:18 pm
Quote:
So tefila- you can rest now, we aint getting that floor!

Phew what a relief Twisted Evil
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars