Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
NEED TO FIX MY BABY JOGGER FROM 06

ILOVELIFE

Post Fri, Jun 15 2007, 1:20 am
I have an 05/ or O6 (got in Dec 05) baby jogger that needs to be fixed. I'm no longer under the warranty and I don't know how to go about it. The side metal bar simply broke. I'm still wheeling it but just barely. I'm so upset. I have no idea how it broke as SIL was wheeling it at the time.

Where can I get it fixed?
How much will it cost?

yoyosma

Post Fri, Jun 15 2007, 12:53 pm
Did you call Baby Jogger? The stroller frame is under a lifetime guarantee.

busylady

Post Fri, Jun 15 2007, 1:01 pm
I heard they have great customer service, and they are made in america, so it's really easy to get replacement parts. call them up! even if you might have to pay a bit, it'll still be worth it.

queen

Post Thu, Jul 05 2007, 12:45 pm
Here's the baby jogger customer service number for replacement parts/repairs:
800-241-1848

queen

Post Thu, Jul 05 2007, 12:46 pm
busylady wrote:
I heard they have great customer service, and they are made in america, so it's really easy to get replacement parts. call them up! even if you might have to pay a bit, it'll still be worth it.

the paperwork that came with my BJ says "made in china"
although, yes- their offices are probably in the USA

Post Thu, Jul 05 2007, 1:10 pm
Queen, I was wondering which double you ended up getting!
So... how is it???

queen

Post Tue, Jul 10 2007, 1:09 pm
613 wrote:
Queen, I was wondering which double you ended up getting!
So... how is it???

Thanks to yoyosma (from this site) as well as everyone else who I so appreciated their input.... we got the baby jogger double city series. pushes great, works great.... so far we're (or I should really say I!) am thrilled with it. it's narrow so fits through doorways easily and is a pleasure to use. I'm just waiting for a little bit more time for my body to heal before I begin my daily walks again. (and probably some cooler weather as well would be helpful!)

Queen

yoyosma

Post Tue, Jul 10 2007, 1:12 pm
I am happy to hear that you like your stroller! What color did you get?

Bzgirl

Post Sun, Sep 23 2007, 2:11 am
I have had my frame replaced by the baby jogger company....great customer service they even pay to ship the old frame back!

yersp

Post Sun, Sep 23 2007, 1:16 pm
Just one piece of advice:
Don't shlep the carriage up stairs from the handle. Rather bend the handle in and shlep from the frame.
I had a scary story with that!! one good thing was that it was winter and my kids were well bundled up. I had some packages in the basket, not too heavy mind you. I was shlepping it up about 5 steps when at the top step the handle just snapped. I flew back and watched the carriage slowly tip forward with both my kids inside and fall face flat on the floor. When I tried picking the carriage up it literally folded. I was surprised that with all my screaming and the babies crying none of my neighbors heard me!! anyway, I had mazel that my neice was there to help me so both of us picked up the carriage together and took the kids out. B"H they were well bundled up and they only got away with a scratch on their face. Since then I've been petrified to shlep up the carriage or even push it up one step. I always bend in the handle and shlep from the frame!!
I called up babyjogger, excellent customer service and I got a replacement carriage right away.

ILOVELIFE

Post Sun, Sep 23 2007, 3:57 pm
Rosycheeks-= what a scary story!! I think that may explain my carriage snapping....

BTW, when u say u shlep it by the frame u mean the sides? Isn't that mighty heavy?

yersp

Post Mon, Sep 24 2007, 12:55 am
ILOVELIFE wrote:
Rosycheeks-= what a scary story!! I think that may explain my carriage snapping....

BTW, when u say u shlep it by the frame u mean the sides? Isn't that mighty heavy?

not actually from the sides, from underneith the handle, where the plastic usually goes. When you click and bend in the handle all the way, you have the top part of the frame, above the hood, thats from where I shlep, thats what I hold onto when I come to an intersection and the sidewalk is crooked. Do you know which part I'm talking about? I think thats where the velcro thingy was attached to begin with.

greenfire

Post Mon, Sep 24 2007, 10:11 am
hm - I see you got it covered ... yes the company is always the best place to go for any repairs ...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics