Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
PEKELECH.. I need original inexpensive ideas...

S.Shcwartz

Post Wed, Jun 13 2007, 7:07 pm
for upsherin for ds. I will be making about 100 pieces, dont wanna spend more than a dollar each but want it to be cute.

TzenaRena

Post Wed, Jun 13 2007, 8:11 pm
I've seen white paper nosh bags decorated as tzitzis. It's simple to draw some black stripes with markers, and attach strings for "tzitzis" at the bottom 4 corners, with scotch tape. There are probably a lot of creative ways to make it look like a little boy, wearing tzitzis., by somehow drawing a face at the top of the bag, where you gather it to close could be the neck, head.

momto4

Post Wed, Jun 13 2007, 8:55 pm
I ordered pekalach from a place in n.y. it was $1 each bag. I also had to have a lot and I figured its only a $1 its worth ordering in then spend time making them. I think it was from yossis sweet house or something like that.

ganizzy

Post Wed, Jun 13 2007, 9:11 pm
if you have time, then I would make things from home that are cute and dont cost too much. for example you can make aleph bais key chains or magnets
for the key chains, print out the aleph bais many times in small on a colored paper. laminate the paper and then cut to individual size, punch a hole in teh corner and then buy just the key chain rings (when I did it it was a few dollars for a hundred)

for the magnets you can either tape/glue the laminated piece on a sheet of magnet then cut down to size or you can just place strips of magnet on the back of each one.

I would put in a small nash or two and 2 small toys. they dont have to be fancy or big things

elkayed

Post Thu, Jun 14 2007, 10:31 am
My daughter got a birthday peckel yesterday with bubbles in it. She was soo excited.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jun 14 2007, 10:52 am
a HUNDRED? I would go simple rather than original. that's a LOT to pack !

redhot

Post Thu, Jun 14 2007, 11:32 am
I like the idea of ordering for $1 a piece, but if not, you can tape some stuff onto a bag of chips. Like tape on a laffy taffy rope, and something else. That is as cheap as u can get and it has the nosh which is all the kdis care abut anyway.

el2cg

Post Thu, Jun 14 2007, 12:06 pm
to "uprade" the idea of white bags and putting tzitos on the corners...
I got ziplock bags the size of a regular party bag. I had someone make on their computer a picuter of tzitos with his name on it. I printed it a the copy store (2 on a sheet) on thick paper. they have a special machine that cuts the paper. so all I did was slip it into the bag, and then whole punch the corniers, and put the tzitos in. the nosh was placed "behind" and I ziplocked it shut! it was really neat. if you want to see it let me know. (I have a pdf file of it)

supermom

Post Thu, Jun 14 2007, 1:14 pm
Can you post a picture?

S.Shcwartz

Post Thu, Jun 14 2007, 1:21 pm
I wanted to tell you that I managed to make a beautiful pekeleh for only 36 cents each!

It's in a cellophane bag (4 cents),
potatoe chips (10 cents at Moishe's. case of 75 for 7.20)
individual chocolate wafer (6 cents each. moishe's sale.)
wrapped lolly pop (4 cents each)
party favor (12 cents each)

it looks adorable! nicer than the 1.00 yossis sweethouse!

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Jun 14 2007, 9:35 pm
great for you! I should have had you make 30 extra while you were at it......! I need to have mine ready for Monday and the kids are under the weather...!

Mrs. XYZ

Post Thu, Jun 14 2007, 11:36 pm
el2cg wrote:
to "uprade" the idea of white bags and putting tzitos on the corners...
I got ziplock bags the size of a regular party bag. I had someone make on their computer a picuter of tzitos with his name on it. I printed it a the copy store (2 on a sheet) on thick paper. they have a special machine that cuts the paper. so all I did was slip it into the bag, and then whole punch the corniers, and put the tzitos in. the nosh was placed "behind" and I ziplocked it shut! it was really neat. if you want to see it let me know. (I have a pdf file of it)

Did you get that idea from the "Binah"? Wink (maybe mishpacha?) In their lag baomer issue they had an article with many cute ideas for pekalach.

el2cg

Post Sun, Jun 24 2007, 11:04 pm
actually, no! I made upsherin in january, and I took the idea from someone who made upsherin in october!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics