Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Spin on Purim Depression
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Sanguine

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 6:29 pm
Now DD goes in the room and calls DH to come cause DSis throwing up on himself. DH says I put a bucket next to him. So now everyone's up there showering him and I'm sitting here hiding. Guess I'll have to wash my flowered dress

amother

Post Wed, Mar 04 2015, 8:22 pm
I know how you feel.

This Purim underscored how few friends I really have.

This Purim we did not get one invitation. The only reason we have a seuda to go to was because someone realized we were going to eat alone and invited us.

I doubt many people will bring over MM. We always go deliver to others not the other way around. I always feel hurt when I see doors that are piled high with MM and ours has at most 2-3 when we come back from a long day of giving.

Chanuka time we have no parties to go to. No one thinks to invite us. We host many many more shabbos meals than invitations we get. I see all kinds of activities my so called friends post about on Facebook and no one even thought to invite me.

By the way- I am that nice friendly normal put together lady you know from playgroup or the park. There is nothing wrong with me socially or with my husband or kids. I just have a hard time making friends for some reason. Trust me I want to. I didn't have a problem when I was younger but for some reason now that I am married I can't seem to make friends like I used to.

chani8

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 4:43 am
The only time I have a twinge of regret for being my antisocial introverted self, is when I'm thinking about who to send MM to. I love to make the MM, but then they sit around with nowhere to go.

It's ok, though. This year we made giant chocolate chip cookies. They won't go to waste.

Sanguine

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 6:34 am
If you're worrying about my drunk son... I put him in Chayal son's hands last night (they share a room). He barely drank any water cause he vomited when he did. I was up till about 4 AM worrying about brain damage but Chayal son insisted that he's seen drunk friends and everything will be OK. Now DS is clean and dressed in Tzitzit outside and a Nach Nach Nachman kipa - Looks likes such a Tzadik Rolling Eyes . Good thing that Chabad has Megilla at 1:00 since there was no way that he was going to get up before noon today

greenfire

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 9:23 am
imagine you're always the one running around ... you're always the one knocking on doors to give someone who never steps foot onto your block let alone knock on your door ... it's like a one-sided relationship & the point becomes moot

I tried to get dressed to hear megillah - really I did - but 40 years of purim flashed before my eyes and all I did was bawl at how pathetic a once fun yom tov has become ...

even marina came to drag me out of bed and I just couldn't go ... I don't want to see the people that prefer the dxh over me [the one I went to school with] I still have a hangover headache this morning - but not from having a good drink but from all the crying

why make hamentash if I'm going to eat 3 dozen myself [plus it's too icy to go get stuff for filling - although I was thinking of conjuring up a lemon filling that you cook on the stove top]

maybe I should dress in a hospital gown & give out klonopin ... I could always put a noose around my neck & dress like haman ...

Last edited by greenfire on Thu, Mar 05 2015, 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 9:38 am
Another person without an invitation to a seudh. It is snowing I was supposed to get my parents they don't want to come because of the weather so it is just me and my DH and all he wants is z e x and all I want is company to talk to to have discussions to have fun.
I know it is better than being alone so I apologize to those alone but sometimes it still is lonely with a DH .
I wish I had freinds , I have neighbors and I am friendly but they all have their own better freinds because they have kids in common. I Work long hours and when I see these peopel they are friendly and we talk but then if they don't see me they never call , when I call they are busy and say they will call back and I don't hear from them.
I hate my life.

Scrabble123

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 10:23 am
Sanguine wrote:
If you're worrying about my drunk son... I put him in Chayal son's hands last night (they share a room). He barely drank any water cause he vomited when he did. I was up till about 4 AM worrying about brain damage but Chayal son insisted that he's seen drunk friends and everything will be OK. Now DS is clean and dressed in Tzitzit outside and a Nach Nach Nachman kipa - Looks likes such a Tzadik Rolling Eyes . Good thing that Chabad has Megilla at 1:00 since there was no way that he was going to get up before noon today

Yes, I was worrying about him!!! I read the thread in the middle of the night (well, it was morning for you), and I'm happy he's doing better BH!

chani8 wrote:
The only time I have a twinge of regret for being my antisocial introverted self, is when I'm thinking about who to send MM to. I love to make the MM, but then they sit around with nowhere to go.

It's ok, though. This year we made giant chocolate chip cookies. They won't go to waste.

I can relate, although I do not really enjoy making MM. I make quite a lot because I write down all of the people who it would be appropriate to send to including people I work with (which makes the list long). There were years when I made none, but this year I made a lot.

Anyways, I hand delivered mishloach manot this morning in the snow! I walked around for 2 hours and it was extremely enjoyable. There were no cars on the road since it was so early and it was peaceful and surprisingly warm (after all of the layers I put on). I just placed the MM near the doors of the individuals since they were most likely sleeping at that hour!

Purim Sameach everyone!

amother

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 10:25 am
Well, everyone is welcome to drop in here, just bundle up - I can't leave the house since the furnace went kablooey yesterday, I'm waiting for the furnace guy to show up, it's -14 degrees celsius out, the last time this happened it took days to get the right part, I can move the kids out somewhere but not sure what to do with my cats, my DH is out of town this month...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Not in a festive mood. Oh man, I really don't want to move out of the house for shabbat. yay purim, I guess.

greenfire

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 10:32 am
Sanguine wrote:

it's not the vomiting or a hangover that worries me ... you said he was unconscious = that could pose an issue ... that is the thing you need to avoid which I'm pretty sure once he's vomiting he's obviously not all that bad

greenfire

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 10:37 am
amother wrote:
Another person without an invitation to a seudh. It is snowing I was supposed to get my parents they don't want to come because of the weather so it is just me and my DH and all he wants is z e x and all I want is company to talk to to have discussions to have fun.
I know it is better than being alone so I apologize to those alone but sometimes it still is lonely with a DH .
I wish I had freinds , I have neighbors and I am friendly but they all have their own better freinds because they have kids in common. I Work long hours and when I see these peopel they are friendly and we talk but then if they don't see me they never call , when I call they are busy and say they will call back and I don't hear from them.
I hate my life.

I'd trade for the zex Twisted Evil

amother

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 10:56 am
Greenfire, I don't enjoy Purim much, either. I wish we could get together and party.

Remember the chanukah threads? It seems Purim imamother parties are even more important.

greenfire

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 12:28 pm
I'm busy conjuring up a recipe ... get back to you soon

Sanguine

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 12:34 pm
What a sad thread. Please set up Pesach plans early.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 1:54 pm
Sanguine wrote:

have no idea what my plans for pesach can even be. Just davening to Hashem that I will find somewhere to be for the sedarim mostly and other meals too since staying home is not an option. usually I feel ppl out before pesach and see who is able to have guests.

greenfire

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 2:28 pm
Sanguine wrote:

I know it's hard for you whilst you worry about the family being woken up in the middle of the night and your sonny boy being shikkur ... oh wait - that's part & parcel of a freilich purim - and I even had empathy

until you really seem to not get the situation

I'm really sorry ... so sad indeedy ... did you think for a minute we want to be alone ?! did you think we want to go beg for invitations "?!

Sanguine

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 2:33 pm
amother wrote:
have no idea what my plans for pesach can even be. Just davening to Hashem that I will find somewhere to be for the sedarim mostly and other meals too since staying home is not an option. usually I feel ppl out before pesach and see who is able to have guests.
Don't be embarrassed to ask. I never like to either but sometimes people shocked me by being glad to join for seder or seuda (sometimes nothing works out and you feel so rejected). You have to ask and you have to do it early.

cuties' mom

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 2:34 pm
I love Purim, but this year for the first time I feel like I'm missing Purim. Dh is working today since he just started a new job and can't take off. My ASD kid already had 3 dirty accidents today (the result of eating Purim nosh, or maybe because of the crayons he ate when I left him at my mother's house so I can go to megilla). His second accident was all over a bed, floor and wall. He refused to go around to deliver shalach manos after we only went to 2 people so I had to borrow my 11-year-old niece to deliver my shalach manos for me. Meanwhile, I had to wash a dirty disgusting costume in the bathtub because ds wouldn't let me put regular clothes on him so I can go to my building's laundry room to wash the number 2 off his costume. Hopefully next year will be better.

Sanguine

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 2:37 pm
greenfire wrote:
I know it's hard for you whilst you worry about the family being woken up in the middle of the night and your sonny boy being shikkur ... oh wait - that's part & parcel of a freilich purim - and I even had empathy

until you really seem to not get the situation

I'm really sorry ... so sad indeedy ... did you think for a minute we want to be alone ?! did you think we want to go beg for invitations "?!
No, I know it's hard. You don't have friends who will remember to include you or who you can ask? It's hard to ask but I can't imagine people saying no to one person. Do you live in an area where you don't have a community where people know you?

greenfire

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 2:48 pm
greenfire wrote:
I'm busy conjuring up a recipe ... get back to you soon

introducing the new & improved vashtitashen ... with lime green filling
[well you'll have to imagine them for now since there is nobody here with a camera]

youngishbear

Post Thu, Mar 05 2015, 2:58 pm
greenfire wrote:
introducing the new & improved vashtitashen ... with lime green filling
[well you'll have to imagine them for now since there is nobody here with a camera]

Haha!! Sounds yum. And save some for anthony goldstein. If it was conjured in a couldron and by a green goblin he will be overjoyed.

So would I if I could get some.

Hey, does your cool car have AWD to bring it to me in the darn snow?
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics