Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Any stroller for a newborn in infant seat and a two year old
1  2  Next

amother

Post Tue, Jun 05 2007, 6:59 pm
This is a bit early for me but one of the things on my mind since I found out that im pregnant last week:
is there any stroller that holds a newborn infant seat AND a two year old?
I also have a three year old but she'll walk. I loved the snap and go with my first two but I think I'll really need a double all the time this time. I know about the graco tandem and have never heard anything good about it. anything else, from some other exotic company maybe?
has anyone ever used a sit-n-stand? do they make them equipped for infant seats?
thanks for your input!

shopaholic

Post Tue, Jun 05 2007, 7:22 pm
Get a buggy board for the snap & go - that's the cheapest. There is a double jogger that takes a car seat on 1 side, but I can't remember which one.

Younger Me

Post Tue, Jun 05 2007, 7:39 pm
you can get the first wheels - it's a good double because you can have a bassinet on one side and a regular seat next to it. and they're reversible seats.

ganizzy

Post Tue, Jun 05 2007, 7:45 pm
the phil and ted as well as the valco has an option to buy a car seat adapter for one of the seats. im sure there are other doubles that have it but I dont know for sure

lubcoralsprings

Post Tue, Jun 05 2007, 8:08 pm
snap and go sit n stand?

Helani

Post Tue, Jun 05 2007, 8:14 pm
http://www.strollers.com/asp/s.....ional

The reviews are mixed, but at least it's on the cheaper end if this is a consideration. And it looks pretty versatile, which is also nice.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 05 2007, 8:28 pm
thanks for all your replies!
my baby (soon to be big boy) seems so small now- hes 18 months- I cant imagine him actually staying on the buggy board. but who knows- maybe by then he will.
to the mom who posted about the contour stroller- thanks!!! I really like the idea and I do a lot of walking around. ive never had a tandem- it looks like it might tip, its so long.
thanks for your input!!

amother

Post Tue, Jun 05 2007, 10:33 pm
Quote:
my baby (soon to be big boy) seems so small now- hes 18 months- I cant imagine him actually staying on the buggy board. but who knows- maybe by then he will.

I know u didnt mean it in a bad way at all but id just like to mention that make sure hes still a baby when ure new baby comes, cuz kids dont like to be "gog" all of a sudden and reaplaced by a new baby Wink

anyways, I def think its a good idea to get a double that both can sit. even two year olds need that they dont like to always stand.... youll end up having to hold him, or forcing him to stand and gettting annoyed at him.

dr pepper

Post Tue, Jun 05 2007, 10:51 pm
The combi twin takes a carseat (combi only.)

R&RMom

Post Tue, Jun 05 2007, 10:55 pm
The stroller is expensive but I know that the valco twin stroller has an adaptor that you can attach to one side of the stroller and then click on any carseat...good luch and beshaah tovah!

http://www.valcobaby.com/2006/twin.htm

BlumaG

Post Wed, Jun 06 2007, 12:19 am
check out the new graco double quattro tour, looks really nice, if I didnt already have a double I wud get it

cl

Post Wed, Jun 06 2007, 10:37 am
im looking into doubles at the moment as my son will be 2 and a bit by the time I have my baby IYH.

My fave at the moment b/c they all take up same amount of space as a single stroller an are very easy to push cos they have good-size wheels.

1. Jane Powertwin - a tandem
This is my fave but downside is price and weight if u need 2 lift it in n out the car alot.

2. Valco single with toddler seat attached
downside is the older child's seat has no head-rest or recline, it also can never be used for two babies, I know u dont need 2 worry about that now but maybe u want 2 have that in mind if ur going to have more kids in the future...

3. Phil & Teds
downside is practically no storage when u use it in the doubles mode an I have read reviews that some babies in the 3-6m range dont like being cooped up in the lower baby attachment, and im not sure u can attach a car-seat 2 it

If anyone had experience within any of these 3 please let me know...

GAMZu

Post Wed, Jun 06 2007, 10:50 am
I have the contours single. It's AWESOME!!! I'm waiting for them to make the double in another color and I'm selling my current Graco truck to get that!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jun 06 2007, 11:06 am
Review said it was heavy Sad
Looks cool though, and I like how it's so flexible how many seats and positions
Also it probably folds bulky

shopaholic

Post Wed, Jun 06 2007, 11:43 am
I just read on another thread that the Zooper Tango takes a carseat on one side.

GAMZu

Post Wed, Jun 06 2007, 9:36 pm
It is probably heavy, but the main thing is it rides awesome. I don't need to lift it, and how much heavier do you think it can be than a Valco, Graco, etc... They are ALL heavy. You have to decide if it's a deal breaker for you specifically.

mamaluv

Post Wed, Jun 06 2007, 10:25 pm
[quote="cl"]im looking into doubles at the moment as my son will be 2 and a bit by the time I have my baby IYH.

My fave at the moment b/c they all take up same amount of space as a single stroller an are very easy to push cos they have good-size wheels.

2. Valco single with toddler seat attached
downside is the older child's seat has no head-rest or recline, it also can never be used for two babies, I know u dont need 2 worry about that now but maybe u want 2 have that in mind if ur going to have more kids in the future...

If anyone had experience within any of these 3 please let me know...[/quote]

I don't know much about the other strollers that you posted about, but I could tell you is that someone told me recently that she got the single valco with toddler seat attachment. She absolutely hates it. I feel bad she spent so much money and isn't happy. Her kids are spaced the same way yours will be IY"H, maybe a little less. Anyways good luck and b'shaa tova.

micki

Post Wed, Jun 06 2007, 11:34 pm
I looooove my graco double stroller. the tandem one. ive had it for 6 kids, and its great.

gret storage infant seat goes in the front or the back so if tthe 2 yr old who is in the front falls asleep I just switch seats and put the oldre in the back with the infant in the front.

great storage, folds just a bit longer than my single, huge basket, but my best feature is that between the seats is a footboard for the back seat to use. I have baby in the back, one in the front and the third can stand between both seats on the footrest and hold on to the back of the front seat. they can even sit on the back seats bar if they want.

Helani

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 9:06 am
micki wrote:
I looooove my graco double stroller. the tandem one. ive had it for 6 kids, and its great.

gret storage infant seat goes in the front or the back so if tthe 2 yr old who is in the front falls asleep I just switch seats and put the oldre in the back with the infant in the front.

great storage, folds just a bit longer than my single, huge basket, but my best feature is that between the seats is a footboard for the back seat to use. I have baby in the back, one in the front and the third can stand between both seats on the footrest and hold on to the back of the front seat. they can even sit on the back seats bar if they want.

Finally someone who appreciates the Graco tandem. That's what I have too, and I did miles of walking with it. I am on baby number three and I still love it.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 10:44 am
GAMZu wrote:
It is probably heavy, but the main thing is it rides awesome. I don't need to lift it, and how much heavier do you think it can be than a Valco, Graco, etc... They are ALL heavy. You have to decide if it's a deal breaker for you specifically.

Nope Smile
The Combi weighs 21 lbs.
But you're right -- different people need different things, and for some a heavy stroller is fine. I was just a little sad that it was not going to work for me because I think it would be so cool if my kids could face each other, as I used to face my brother in my mother's double stroller once a blue moon ago.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics