Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets
For the Birds

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 4:05 pm
Any birdwatchers in Imamotherland? We've been getting all kinds of interesting feathered folk at our feeders including goldfinches, cardinals, and 2 kinds of woodpeckers.

chani8

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 1:28 am
I love birds! Israel is a popular stop for migrating birds.

My MIL in AZ gets lovebirds at her feeders.

Besides birdwatching, I have two yellow lovebirds, a gray eye ring, and two pastel parakeets.

There is a family of eight or so Ringnecks living wild here in our town.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 4:12 am
I'm in the Pacific Northwest.

I get lots of crows, robins, chickadees, and junkos. Plenty of little house sparrows and humming birds, too. It's pretty cool to see an entire flock of 100 or more hummingbirds all together in the Spring.

We also get these fluffy, tiny birds, about as round and small as a golf ball. They're black, white, and gray, and have the smallest beaks, about the size of a grain of rice. The beak is jet black, and they pick tiny bugs out of the places where branches divide. So cute and wee! I wish I knew what they were called.

Also get gray squirrels, raccoons, and the occasional coyote - in Seattle! We live near a park and a large body of water, so we get a really nice variety of critters.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 4:13 am
In London I've seen mynah birds by the zillions (wow are they ever noisy), turtle doves, and a few foxes that come out around dusk.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 4:20 am
How come this year we didn't see the Nachlieli?. He was my morning buddy last year, cams every day at about 10.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 11:22 pm
I live in Baltimore City and a year or two ago I saw a Snowy Owl on my tall tree in the backyard. I knew it was something unusual and kept looking at it but at the time I wasn't sure what it was. Much later I read that they have been spotted as far south as MD.

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 12:19 am
Wonderful DDIL opened the blinds on her patio door this morning and startled a hawk that was hanging out on her balcony railing — Pickwick apartments, Baltimore City.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets