Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
My son's teacher doesn't like him

Mommy912

Post Mon, Jun 06 2005, 9:23 pm
I had a problem with my son's teacher this year, she called me in the middle of the year and said that he is 'nudging', basically asking a lot of questions and always asking what she is doing etc... I know my son does do this sometimes to me, but as a mother I have the patience to answer him. My son is an extremely smart boy, I have other kids and have seen him do things at his age and ask thoughtful questions that my other ones didn't. I didn't say anything to the teacher, didn't want her to think negatively to him anymore than she does. It is now the end of the year, they had a party and my son told me that when he asked her for something (yes she was in the middle of eating but I don't think that is an excuse) she physically pushed him away. He demonstrated to me how hard, and it was a push. Should I say anything to her? To the principal? This teacher is leaving the school at the end of the year. Is it normal for a teacher to act this way?

Tefila

Post Mon, Jun 06 2005, 10:04 pm
Quote:
Is it normal for a teacher to act this way?

NO shock
and yes you should still say something to the Principal

AweSumThenSum

Post Mon, Jun 06 2005, 10:12 pm
I would approach the teacher directly. since she is leaving the school, there is really no need to involve the principal. I would, however, tell the teacher that she may not realize how much her actions impact the students, and all her actions MUST be preceded by at least 1 second's worth of thought. she may have had a bad day or s/t like that which caused her to push away your son, and she may not even realize that she did it. I wouldn't bring up previous grievances because it is the end of the year and the purpose of your talking to her is not for her to do tshuvah on what she did to your son per se, but rather to warn her for the future - even if she isn't planning on continuing to teach.

sarahd

Post Tue, Jun 07 2005, 3:58 am
But don't forget not to directly accuse her of pushing your son just based on what your son said. Remember, you can't just believe what your son said, even though he's your son, without hearing the other side of the story. It might not have happened just the way your son perceived it.

smile

Post Tue, Jun 07 2005, 2:47 pm
I agree, talk to the teacher first. You never know how it came to that situation. Your son might not have told you the whole story.

ForeverYoung

Post Wed, Jun 08 2005, 11:31 pm
It IS keday to tel principal - he will be the one to give her references.

It is a teacher's job to anser questions.
If she can't - she needs to learn how to deal with her inability.

This attitude can be damaging to kids, as I know 1st hand.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers