Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
DOUBLE JOGGER STROLLERS- which do YOU have/are you happy?
1  2  3  Next

queen

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 3:27 pm
We are slowly narrowing down our search- but 2 wheels in front is important. Only strollers with this that I've come across are:

Mountain Buggy, Baby Jogger, or Valco.

Please let me know if you have any of these jogger strollers listed above, and if you recommend others to purchase the same....

or if there is a diff. brand side/by-side jogger that you'd recommend, which has the 2 wheels in front.

THANK YOU.

ganizzy

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 9:46 pm
ill comment on teh valco bc thats what I had - until I sold it and bought a phil and ted.

how much space do you have bc it takes up alot of space. to me it seemed like a rocket ship and my apt. hallway is tiny so I had to sell it.

it rides very smoothly and comes with many accessories included in the price. I didnt like that it was a pain to change the reclining positions of the seats but they fixed that with the new model. there is not alot of basket space and its hard to fit things in bc of the bars but most double joggers dont have much basket space.

I think that every jogger has its pros and cons, you have to decide what cons ur ok with and what u must have.

amother

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 9:50 pm
what is good about 2 wheels? I was thinking of getting the jane and it has one wheel... just wondering..... thanks

qeenB

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 9:54 pm
I have the mountain buggy and I love it! it is much easier to fold than the valco and probably lighter than the valco . it is also better quality than the valco. however the valco is a nicer looking stroler and has an option for a third seat.

JMto2

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 10:18 pm
I have the valco it is so heavy I hate it to recline the seats is a pain the basket is small and it is a big and bulky

queen

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 11:28 pm
amother wrote:
what is good about 2 wheels? I was thinking of getting the jane and it has one wheel... just wondering..... thanks

I've only heard that it adds stability to the jogger.
One wheel tips over a lot easier.
Many say the one wheel is no big deal, however I'm just worried that eventually the 2nd child will be big enough to climb in and out by themselves- and with one wheel- can tip stroller over. CHAS V'SHALOM if there is a little baby sitting in the 2nd seat.....

Yes, it is a big diff. in price, and the only real diff I'm coming across is the double vs. single wheel. People are saying that the $250 range joggers are not made as well and broke having them replaced, and now went and bought the better ($550 range) joggers.

cip

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 11:31 pm
another option: phil and teds twin (a side by side - not the 2 level one).
29" wide. 2 swivel front wheel. lies flat for newborn. folds a drop smaller than b.j. but bigger than m.b. . easy fold. air tires but no shocks. if you buy on sale it is cheaper than the other three. can buy added padding that goes in washing machine. otherwise fabric washes by hand. I just got mine so I can't say yet if it's great or not but you can ask me specific questions and I'll try to answer.

queen

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 11:31 pm
JMto2 wrote:
I have the valco it is so heavy I hate it to recline the seats is a pain the basket is small and it is a big and bulky

but is the baby jogger any better?

I went to check out the three joggers at the baby store recently, and the sales girl didn't even want to show me the valco saying it was big/bulky in her opinion, and that the baby jogger (which was the same price) was much better.

Mountain buggy was $659, where as the other two- valco and baby joggers were "only" $559. So It seems as if the baby jogger makes the most sense as I'm afraid of the valco due to what the sales girl said......

BUT WAITING TO HEAR FROM A BABY JOGGER OWNER.....

queen

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 11:39 pm
cip wrote:
another option: phil and teds twin (a side by side - not the 2 level one).
29" wide. 2 swivel front wheel. lies flat for newborn. folds a drop smaller than b.j. but bigger than m.b. . easy fold. air tires but no shocks. if you buy on sale it is cheaper than the other three. can buy added padding that goes in washing machine. otherwise fabric washes by hand. I just got mine so I can't say yet if it's great or not but you can ask me specific questions and I'll try to answer.

CIP- If you don't mind my asking- what made you go with this vs. the other joggers?

yoyosma

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 8:40 am
I have a Baby Jogger single.
I love it. This is what I know about the double compared to the MBUD.
The MB is a little more narrow, but Valco is the widest. MB and BJ do not come with any added accessories, but Valco comes fully loaded. The fold on the BJ is ridiculously easy. It rides very well. It is also very TALL so if you have taller children and you are worried about kids growing and hitting the sun shade, the BJ is the one for you. Its also a taller STROLLER, so if you and DH are tall, you wont be bending over as you push.
The newest BJ has a great sunshade that pulls all the way down over the babies.
The BJ is one pound lighter than the MB, but it takes less poundage than the MB (BJ's max is 100 lbs., MB's max is 120 lbs, so if your kids are heavy, this may make a difference, although I cant imagine anyone pushing a double with 50 lbs kids in it!)
MB is suitable from birth because apparently it goes completely flat, although I have never seen a completely flat one. BJ does not go completely flat, but flat enough, so if you pad your seat and add a headhugger it should be fine. That is what I did.
If you get the Baby Jogger, make sure its the latest 2007 1/2 model with the bigger sunshades, dont let the salesgirl sell to you the older ones!
PM me if you want more info as to where to find out more info.

queen

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 9:01 am
queen wrote:
Yes, it is a big diff. in price, and the only real diff I'm coming across is the double vs. single wheel. People are saying that the $250 range joggers are not made as well and broke having them replaced, and now went and bought the better ($550 range) joggers.

another issue I"ve come across is that many of the cheaper ($250 models) seat doesn't sit all the way up- so if kid wants to sit forward/all the way up it has to sit up w/o the support of the seat back.

I saw this specifically on the schwinns.

queen

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 9:03 am
Thank you Yoyosma and other posters... I think I'm going to go back to the store to make my final look at the three strollers, now that I feel like I know more after speaking with all of you and looking around.

Anyone know where/how to get the best deal on a baby jogger?????

Also, am I silly to get the light blue color jogger- meaning will it get dirty looking easily?

(sorry for all my gazillion questions!!!!!)

queen

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 9:04 am
THis is the link to the baby jogger- light blue picture.....
http://www.babystrollershop.co.....e.htm

yoyosma

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 9:16 am
The stroller you want should have hoods that do this:
http://www.joggingstroller.com.....specs
Do not get an older model unless they are willing to give you a discount, I saw that model selling for $450.
PS- Yes, it makes a difference! You will just end up buying a double ray shade for $100 anyway, so buy the newest model!

queen

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 9:35 am
thanks yoyosma.... you're right about the shades. thank you for pointing out not to get the earlier models. also on the site you referenced they show they have red available- and that would be my color of choice, more than the light blue....

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ladies for helping us clarify this issue Smile

ganizzy

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 10:51 am
wanted to add that the valco is actually a drop narrower than the baby jogger but its prob. bigger in length - I dont know I never pushed a baby jogger.

how does the reclining work on the baby joggers? I had the old model of valco and it was really a pain to do the zippers and buckles every time the baby wanted a bottle or to lie down and then back up. when I got the valco it was $500 and so was the baby jogger, could be the newer model is more. I got mine in the crown heights baby store.

another plus on the valco is that it comes with a bike pump, headhuggers, rain plastic and netting and that u can add a third seat. however the baby joggers have better sun protection and look better in my opinion

Sregion28

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 11:01 am
I have the mountain buggy and I LOVE it. It was $600 which is A LOT of money but the things that I love about it are:
It is narrow - fits through every doorway
Its SO easy to push
The metal footrest is big enough that a 3rd and even 4th child can sit on it. Not that this is the safest thing in the world, and im sure it says in the manual not to, but if you have 3 small children and the oldest one is old enough to not fall off, its so helpful. My 4 1/2 year old sits there and loves it.
I have the brown color- not too plain but also wont get dirty.

queen

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 12:02 pm
Sregion- the mountain buggy is up to $659 these days Confused
baby jogger "only" $559

both prices are crazy... but we all fall for them and buy them as the competitions in lower price ranges are not competing enough with the extra differences that make the difference worth the $$$.

queen

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 12:03 pm
ganizzy- thanks for your comments.
I agree the BJ DOES look nicer in my opinion.... but between the two of them (as you mentioned as well) the sun shade is so much better on the BJ, plus each seat has their own shade. (good for newborns and toddlers riding together.

dr pepper

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 12:08 pm
looks like you can get the 2005 version of the mbud for $499 on albeebaby.com

they even have the single for only $199... too bad I don't need a new stroller now!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics