Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Searching for modern yeshivish com in USA/Canada
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Raisin

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 5:53 am
Ruchel wrote:
I did! I don't remember what wasn't ok, but either no girl hs, or classes mixed very old?

Btw London is way out of our means financially.

If London is out of reach financially I am not sure why the US will be easier. Many US cities are as expensive as London, plus you have crippling tuition and health insurance costs. And the visa issue. And the cost of flying back to visit your parents. Not to be a downer but while they may be able to travel to see you in the near future, eventually that may not be possible and you will have to visit them. (iyh they should be healthy and well and jetsetting until 120)

rachel91

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 7:03 am
What about Antwerp?? LOL LOL

Ruchel

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 7:23 am
Raisin wrote:
If London is out of reach financially I am not sure why the US will be easier. Many US cities are as expensive as London, plus you have crippling tuition and health insurance costs. And the visa issue. And the cost of flying back to visit your parents. Not to be a downer but while they may be able to travel to see you in the near future, eventually that may not be possible and you will have to visit them. (iyh they should be healthy and well and jetsetting until 120)

The cities we look into in USA are much more affordable (the area where we would settle, inside eruv) than London. London is I think at least as much as Paris, impossible in conditions we can accept.

Tuition is reachable in some cities, insurance is the main point we look into, for sure! (before even visa)

amother

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 8:58 am
From reading your list of requirements, Montreal seems like the place.

Odelyah

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 11:14 am
amother wrote:
From reading your list of requirements, Montreal seems like the place.

I thought housing in Montreal was expensive...

mommy1108

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 11:19 am
Have you ever looked into Chicago?

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 12:37 pm
Montreal probably not going to do it.
We're looking into Chicago, it's very very huge so still haven't pinpointed the right school(s) and neighbourhood(s).

Anyone knows of Milwaukee?

amother

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 12:51 pm
I'm from Chicago and love living here. It's a large city but the Frum community not as overwhelming as it might seem. From what you've described, I would imagine you would want to be in West Rogers Park and send your kids to JDBY (Joan dachs bais yaakov, the girls elementary) and YTT (yeshivas tiferes Tzvi, the boy's elementary). Just as a basic assessment Smile

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 2:18 pm
thanks! would you think there are suitable high schools?
By the time we arrive, if we arrive lol, dd1 would be middle school age or almost

busydev

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 4:02 pm
Ruchel wrote:
thanks! would you think there are suitable high schools?
By the time we arrive, if we arrive lol, dd1 would be middle school age or almost

I agree that you would prob do best in JDBY/YTT from how you describe yourself. and def WRP.

for girls HSi would say bais yaakov or hanna sachs. BY is more right wing but lately has more and more of a mix, but if its still to right wing then hanna sachs

for boys probably meor. telshe is way more right. and skokie way more left then what you describe.

I love chicago. I wasnt born here -moved in when I was a few months old tho and been here ever since. so nothing to compare it to lol.

coconutbutter

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 4:05 pm
I didn't get to read all the responses but was Dallas in consideration?

Ruchel

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 4:19 am
isn't it very hot there?

Thanks a ton, everyone!!!!

amother

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 5:58 am
rachel91 wrote:
What about Antwerp?? LOL LOL

As someone who lives in Antwerp, I would NOT advise Ruchel to come here. We saw the ugly side of Antwerp when the war was going on in Israel.
My dream is to move away!

Ruchel

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 6:03 am
Hence why it's outside of Europe or we stay where we are where we have parnassa language culture family friends... ((amother))

Ruchel

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 2:52 pm
Quick Q!!
In the states do you pay school once a year or per month?

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 2:54 pm
Usually monthly with head (post-dated) checks.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 4:15 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
Usually monthly with head (post-dated) checks.

And a 10 month cycle. I mention that because in argentina, it's a 12 month cycle we have to pay and I don't know what you're used to.

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 5:04 pm
yo'ma wrote:
And a 10 month cycle. I mention that because in argentina, it's a 12 month cycle we have to pay and I don't know what you're used to.

That is correct -- it is normally paid over 10 months.

There are also some schools that do direct debits from your bank account each month.

Peanut2

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 1:49 pm
Went to this to say that I've visited Milwaukee and that might be worth looking into for you IMO. Including (or especially) the MO area.

Also know that some schools do ask for payment upfront or in 3 payments, and some charge you extra if you want to pay over 10 payments. From my limited experience it really depends.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 2:22 pm
Thank you! Who could tell me more on Milwaukee??
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating