Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Lightweight compact double stroller?

pacifier

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 1:32 pm
I'm looking for a double stroller that folds like umbrella and that is really lightweight. If it can take a car seat, it would be great!!!
Any ideas, please?

jewgal84

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 1:33 pm
Search Graco...

amother

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 1:44 pm
combi

amother

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 2:26 pm
I don't have it (I only have 1 baby BH so far) but my neighbour has inglesina swift....very lightweight and compact.

leahj

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 3:04 pm
I love my graco - it can take the infant seat easily - but it is not light.

newmom

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 3:21 pm
I don't like the way the combi steers. It feels pretty flimsy. You should check out the Iglesina swift.

Bsimcha

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 6:34 pm
I've had the maclaren that doesn't go all the way back. I's very light and folds like an umbrella stroller and easy to steer. I don't know about the car seat though, but you may be able to wedge on in.

Tefila

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 7:29 pm
combi has all the maalos except big walking wheels Exclamation

daisylover

Post Sun, Apr 29 2007, 12:10 am
have you looked into the peg perego aero? it is a really good double stroller. it is very light weight and it pushes very nicely. it has a big basket, I dont think that it lyes flat for a newborn. you also are not able to put an infant seat in. I think it is a great stroller.

pacifier

Post Sun, Apr 29 2007, 7:45 pm
thank you everyone for your input! do you have more detail on the combi?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 3:54 pm
Aria doesn't take a car seat and is more flimsy than the Combi
Graco is not lightweight nor compact
And Inglesina doesn't take a car seat and isn't lightweight for an umbrella stroller.

I have a Combi. Not the car seat that comes with it, but it does take a Combi car seat. It's not as sturdy as my Zooper single, and I can't expect it to be for the weight it is, but it steers pretty easily. The wheel size is a drawback, but it's light enough that I can pick it up over the bumps if necessary. Folds very compactly (we went away for Pesach in a 5 seat car with every seat filled, the double stroller, and all our luggage and it all fit! With a non-compact stroller, forget it.) The seats don't go 100% upright, and it bothered my son at first, but now he's a little bigger and can pull himself up if he's leaning a little back, and he sits that way. Opening it is the easiest thing, closing does take 2 hands. But at 21 lbs. with an umbrella fold and suitable for a newborn, it's worth it. Baskets are shvach, and I put hooks on mine, but all in all it was the only stroller that fit my necessary criteria. Also, since it has a bar, you can push it one handed which is what I do a lot. I got last year's model for 229 a few months ago. Previous year ones are even cheaper, and the only they've changed recently was the color scheme Wink

pacifier

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 4:36 pm
thank you so much. seems like the combi has a lot of advantages!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics