Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
So I got the Peach magazine at my door today
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother

Post Sun, May 11 2014, 12:05 pm
And it seems like this is only the first issue of many? And that it will cost $5? And it will also be distributed in Israel?

Someone spent a lot of money on this and I'm sure one of the people part of the publishing are online here. So please enlighten me, what is this all about?

All I read were a bunch of horror stories. Please do not put this junk at my door again, I cannot handle these stories. I make an informed decision when I do or don't give shots (I believe in delayed schedule) and printing horror stories just shows that you need to resort to reactionary measures to convince people of your stance, besides for hurting my heart and making me hate you. Also, your argument has credence , however you lost your credibility by printing lies and hysteria instead of facts. (who designed your ridiculous cartoons?)

(anon cuz I don't want to reveal location)

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, May 11 2014, 12:13 pm
(It will never, ever, cost five dollars anywhere. Or shekels either. They just printed that on it, to make it look like a real, and a valuable, magazine. It will only be distributed free.)

Notsobusy

Post Sun, May 11 2014, 12:19 pm
The cartoons were absolutely ridiculous. They made it impossible to treat anything in there seriously. The horror stories too. I skimmed through it just to see what everyone was talking about, but then it went straight in the garbage.

ElTam

Fear shuts down the ability to think rationally. When ever anyone resorts to fear tactics, my first instinct is to think, "What are you hiding?"

amother

It was distributed at my door in Boro Park on Friday. My kids were laughing at it and saying they're nuts, they want us to get all these diseases, we should make a protest against it and throw peaches at the editors.

Think1st

Post Tue, May 13 2014, 6:48 am
ElTam wrote:
Fear shuts down the ability to think rationally. When ever anyone resorts to fear tactics, my first instinct is to think, "What are you hiding?"

Absolutely right about fear , that's why the drug dealers use the media to whip up a fear chicken pox etc. so we won't think 1st & line up like sheep to take the vax

Think1st

Post Tue, May 13 2014, 6:50 am
amother wrote:
It was distributed at my door in Boro Park on Friday. My kids were laughing at it and saying they're nuts, they want us to get all these diseases, we should make a protest against it and throw peaches at the editors.

Some kind of conspiracy theory, Very Happy

Think1st

Post Tue, May 13 2014, 6:59 am
glutenless wrote:
The cartoons were absolutely ridiculous. They made it impossible to treat anything in there seriously. The horror stories too. I skimmed through it just to see what everyone was talking about, but then it went straight in the garbage.

Anti vax movement is growing fast, if you can't beat them join them

And it’s even worse in some of L.A.’s private schools, where as few as 20 % of kids are vaccinated in some schools. “Yes, that’s right: Parents are willingly paying up to $25,000 a year to schools at which fewer than 1 in 5 kindergartners has been immunized

http://www.salon.com/2013/08/1.....ines/

So 80% upper class educated people are crazy?

Dovi'smom

Post Tue, May 13 2014, 9:07 am
Upper class, educated people. Harrumph! Rolling Eyes

(Are they the same ones who also possess some other beliefs and parenting styles I don't subscribe to?)

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, May 13 2014, 9:13 am
Dovi'smom wrote:

(Are they the same ones who also possess some other beliefs and parenting styles I don't subscribe to?)

What, you aren't picketing against brit milah? Don't you think it's barbaric mutilation?

sequoia

Post Tue, May 13 2014, 9:47 am
They have it too good, these upper class people.

Think1st

Post Tue, May 13 2014, 9:54 am
Dovi'smom wrote:

We are talking science not religion

amother

Post Tue, May 13 2014, 10:02 am
Think1st wrote:
Anti vax movement is growing fast, if you can't beat them join them

And it’s even worse in some of L.A.’s private schools, where as few as 20 % of kids are vaccinated in some schools. “Yes, that’s right: Parents are willingly paying up to $25,000 a year to schools at which fewer than 1 in 5 kindergartners has been immunized

http://www.salon.com/2013/08/1.....ines/

So 80% upper class educated people are crazy?

I went to a Los Angeles Private school. $25,000 would be considered CHEAP! Our School was over 40,000 + all supplies & after school programs we're talking over 60,000. BTW the school did not except exemptions for unvaccinated children. If a child had a medical exemption, they would need a doctors letter stating what the reaction was and to which vaccine and the school's medical board would review it. Not even all medical exemption cases were allowed; those parents had to either vaccinate or find a different school.

Anyways, LA is a terrible example to use when talking about parenting. Most of the upper class in LA (yes, I come from Beverly Hills) have children raised by nannies. They give in to their children's desires. In second grade my classmate took the class on a jet to Las Vegas and passed out $500 per kid to go shopping in a mall. The people in LA are liberal. They vote for Obama. They are pro gay marriage, pro right to choose. People in LA use bribing heavily. They are modern "hippies." Also, people in LA are wealthier than other areas (even the middle class). Many parents who do not want to vaccinate will choose a cheap private school for their children in LA ($25,000 range) and send their rather than buy a nicer home or go on vacation BECAUSE they do not want to vax.

BTW, there have been measles & pertussis cases in CA over the years.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/healt.....demic

amother

Post Tue, May 13 2014, 10:03 am
amother wrote:
I went to a Los Angeles Private school. $25,000 would be considered CHEAP! Our School was over 40,000 + all supplies & after school programs we're talking over 60,000. BTW the school did not except exemptions for unvaccinated children. If a child had a medical exemption, they would need a doctors letter stating what the reaction was and to which vaccine and the school's medical board would review it. Not even all medical exemption cases were allowed; those parents had to either vaccinate or find a different school.

Anyways, LA is a terrible example to use when talking about parenting. Most of the upper class in LA (yes, I come from Beverly Hills) have children raised by nannies. They give in to their children's desires. In second grade my classmate took the class on a jet to Las Vegas and passed out $500 per kid to go shopping in a mall. The people in LA are liberal. They vote for Obama. They are pro gay marriage, pro right to choose. People in LA use bribing heavily. They are modern "hippies." Also, people in LA are wealthier than other areas (even the middle class). Many parents who do not want to vaccinate will choose a cheap private school for their children in LA ($25,000 range) and send their rather than buy a nicer home or go on vacation BECAUSE they do not want to vax.

BTW, there have been measles & pertussis cases in CA over the years.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/healt.....demic

BTW I'd also like to note that many people in LA do what is "in." They go according to fads. So when one group would not vax, they follow along, like sheep. Furthermore, the Christian Science & Scientology sects which have become popular over the years, especially in CA socially more than religiously do not allow vaccinations and/or medical doctors in many cases.

Think1st

Post Tue, May 13 2014, 10:05 am
MaBelleVie wrote:
What, you aren't picketing against brit milah? Don't you think it's barbaric mutilation?

So on top of 613 Mitzvot you add thou shalt vaccinate, maybe the 11th commandment

Actually CDC director Dr. Thomas R. Frieden, lead the fraudulent claims against brit milah in NYC,

See what Rav Belsky says

“I asked Frieden if it’s true that 80 percent of mohalim have antibodies for herpes and 80 percent of them do metzitzah b’peh. He said yes. I said, ‘According to your statistics, there should be at least 500 cases of herpes. How come there isn’t even one [aside from a previously documented case]? It shows that your statistics are flawed!’ The theories are not developed. They don’t prove anything. So Frieden changed the topic and started talking about something else. He had no response.” - See more at:

http://www.theyeshivaworld.com......dpuf

CDC statistics are fabricated to further their agenda, play with the numbers like that in the financial world they lock you up & lose the key

amother

Post Tue, May 13 2014, 10:14 am
BTW I just went online and researched LA private school vaccinations. The accepted, prestigious private schools have between 10-0% of unvaccinated children. Even the private Christian Science School (which has predominately a Jewish parent body: it's not a religious school where they teach Christianity) has only a 10% exemption status which probably represents the Christian Scientists who send there.

I'll tell you where they get the average of 20%. There are some schools that have a100% non vax rate. Certain Scientology or Christian Schools or the more "hippish" ones. When they compare them with the normal private schools with a 10-0% un vax rate (which is many more schools), it makes the average look like 20% although in reality it is only a few schools with these religious beliefs that have that. LEARN HOW TO INTERPRET DATA!!!!!!

ally

Post Tue, May 13 2014, 10:17 am
I wonder what percentage of the non-vax LA mothers inject botox.

Think1st

Post Tue, May 13 2014, 10:22 am
ally wrote:
I wonder what percentage of the non-vax LA mothers inject botox.

Who forces you to do that to an innocent baby?

Who claims it saves lives?

Who blames all health problems on someone that refuses ?

Here is some home work 4 u, following is link to UN report, find the states with the lowest infant death rate 2-3 per1,000 compare to USA & Qatar 7 per 1,000 ,& compare the vaccine schedule

http://www.childinfo.org/files.....n.pdf

Last edited by Think1st on Tue, May 13 2014, 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total

ectomorph

Post Tue, May 13 2014, 10:26 am
I saw a study that showed that when you show an anti-vaxer pro-vax information, they just dig their heels in.

Think1st

Post Tue, May 13 2014, 10:28 am
ectomorph wrote:
I saw a study that showed that when you show an anti-vaxer pro-vax information, they just dig their heels in.

I saw 2 studies the other way around Very Happy

I see it on this tread
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics