Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Purim in Lakewood-Mishloach Manos??

underthestars

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 11:26 am
I want to send a Mishloach manos to my kids in Lakewood--does anyone know of someone local that may be doing it that won't charge a fortune?? (I am talking upwards of $65 or more)--I looked on internet sights and that seems to be the cheapest that I can find. I don't need something fancy--but I don't think bakeries deliver there and I want to send something to my kids who are all getting together for the seudah.

imamom7

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 3:39 pm
Would you do cupcakes or cookies- I ordered adorable cupcakes from cupofcake in nj for a shalom zachar- she delivered and it was less than $40

imamothertoo

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 4:29 pm
How about ordering miniatures. Something like yodels, horns, mini trifles etc.

piece

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 4:43 pm
try a shushi place, or
candy land, or
ginger bread

underthestars

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 12:52 am
I am open to ideas about what to send, I just want to know what options are open to me in Lakewood. I don't need fancy--just yummy. I have most of my kids together for a seuda and want to do something special and send them something. I just don't have a lot of $$ to spend for it. Does anyone have any phone #'s or web sites for the ideas suggested so far?

underthestars

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 12:53 am
I forgot to add that it needs to have an acceptable hashgacha for Lakewood.

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 1:01 am
Confection collection

amother

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 1:09 am
http://www.lakewoodbaskets.com/

amother

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 3:52 am
What about a fruit platter? I always appreciate fresh-cut fruit, especially on a day of eating so much junk. You can call Blue Ribbon-I have used them many times. #732-730-7474

amother

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 8:29 am
7323703799 is the number if Gingerbread House. They are a candy store but also sell desserts , cheese cakes etc. They deliver, but not sure if it would be in Purim itself. The hashgacha is relied upon by everyone.

Also, if you want to send a food item, my friend has a place called Butterflies 908-268-6471. She has a KCL hashgacha , which is accepted by everyone. You can have her make a food item or dessert for the seudah. She delivers.

Good Luck!

amother

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 11:45 am
Cup of cake is under rabbi shlomo gissinger's hashgacha but I called and she's not taking any more orders for Purim.
I second blue ribbon. One of My favorite shalach manos was fruit from them. It was gone in 10 min.

sky

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 11:47 am
I was also going to mention fruits - Baskets by blimi http://www.basketsbyblimi.com/
Or classy cakes. They deliver and their stuff is very good. http://www.classycakesnj.com/

rena18

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 1:21 pm
Both the VOICE OF LAKEWOOD and the LAKEWOOD SHOPPER (magazines in Lakewood), can be read online. The have a lot of advertisements for local companies.

lkwdmommy

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 4:04 pm
rena18 wrote:
Both the VOICE OF LAKEWOOD and the LAKEWOOD SHOPPER (magazines in Lakewood), can be read online. The have a lot of advertisements for local companies.

Also the BP Weekly (bpgraphics.biz)

mommyla

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 8:26 pm
I just saw an ad for this site: http://barnettssweetcreations.com/
Don't know anything about them, but they seem well-priced. And ready-made mishloach manos are 10% off until tomorrow (according to the ad).

sky

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 8:29 pm
Sushi delivery: http://www.lakewoodsushi.com/o.....ID=37

nimmy

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 2:51 pm
there's also someone in lakewood who does personalized fruit platters edible fruits plus carved watermelons, honeydew, or mangos - she has things in all price ranges and delivers too - the number is 732-367-3433 - name is miriam friedman

lkwdmommy

Post Thu, Mar 06 2014, 4:29 pm
nimmy wrote:
there's also someone in lakewood who does personalized fruit platters edible fruits plus carved watermelons, honeydew, or mangos - she has things in all price ranges and delivers too - the number is 732-367-3433 - name is miriam friedman

And, she gives great customer service!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics