Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Have you ever been to a communal Seder before?

rainbow baby

Post Sat, Apr 07 2007, 6:12 pm
I was reading in the latest Tzivas Hashem magazine about a communal Sedre in Nepal that had 1000 people there last year. I was then wondering what is it like, I could not even imagine what it is like to have 100 people at a Sedre? How do you possibly run a Sedre with that many people there, no microphones, etc...? Does each table do their own thing? So please write and tell me what they are like, thanks!!!!

Ruchel

Post Sat, Apr 07 2007, 6:26 pm
There is always one in my town, but we never go...maybe next year I'll be able to tell you!

rainbow baby

Post Sat, Apr 07 2007, 7:54 pm
I just googled communal Seder and came up with this.

http://www.lubavitch.com/top.h.....17706

It seems that Chabad now have 4340 communal Seders throughout the world. It is amazing the places where there are cummunal Seders. So if you were at one of these Seders or you organised one write and tell us what they were like what was the atmosphere like, etc....

Raisin

Post Sun, Apr 08 2007, 12:09 pm
I organised one for 150 people. It was lots of work, but b'h everyhting worked out. At the same time we had 2 bochurim run a seder in another city nearby for about 50-60 people, so they cooked everything in my kitchen and then drove the food to the city where they were making the seder. You can imagine it was a little hectic.

I have to say I defiantely enjoyed the 2nd seder much much more, which was in our home, with about 20 people. The first one was just lots and lots of orginising, and overseeing. Also we had half israelis, and half english speakers (plus some others) so dh had to traslate e/thing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics