Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Please help!!!!

happytobe

Post Fri, Apr 06 2007, 4:22 am
I am trying to bake a imple cake with eggs and potato starch ad sugar
but when the cake comes out of the oven I have an omlet on the botem of the cake
can anyone help me
how do I avoid this
thanx in advance

morningstar

Post Fri, Apr 06 2007, 8:33 am
This can happen for a number of reasons. Hard to know the cause without watching you in action---

But this is my "Pesach" method.

Try separating the eggs, beating the whites with a drop of salt till stiff, then adding half the sugar until peaks form.

Beat yolks in a separate bowl with half the sugar till light and lemony, then add the potato starch. Add the whites by hand, mixing with a spoon very gently just till lightened. Place immediately in pre-heated oven.

Also.. I don't know your recipe-- but you may get better results by adding a couple of tablespoons of lemon juice after you add the potato starch so that the "yellow" batter is not so thick.

Good luck.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Apr 06 2007, 10:01 am
As I've said bfore, the chocolates are the easiest to bake - choc cake and brownies - they cover the eggy taste.

amother

Post Fri, Apr 06 2007, 10:09 am
happytobeme, are you by any chance related to momoftwins? Are you her twin? You sound just like her Question

BlumaG

Post Fri, Apr 06 2007, 11:03 am
I used to have that probtoo, now I bake in a tube/bundt pan and invert the cake to cool
when u grease the pan only grease the bottom not the sides or whhen u invert it will fall out, trust me - we've proven that b4 Rolling Eyes

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Apr 06 2007, 11:20 am
Amother, PM me.

greenfire

Post Fri, Apr 06 2007, 11:24 am
okay ... are you aware that everything touching the eggwhites must be completely dry ... the cup the beaters the bowl ... that makes a difference in how it fluffs ... I always put the 1/2 the sugar in the white and half in rest of batter ... and then you fold white gently not aggresive and not with beaters .... just in case

withhumor

Post Fri, Apr 06 2007, 1:33 pm
amother wrote:
happytobeme, are you by any chance related to momoftwins? Are you her twin? You sound just like her Question

She changed her screen name to something else.

shanie5

Post Fri, Apr 06 2007, 2:24 pm
momoftwins is now ny21

withhumor

Post Fri, Apr 06 2007, 2:26 pm
I don't think she wanted anyone to know...

withhumor

Post Fri, Apr 06 2007, 2:28 pm
Ooops. The slices should be round, not cubes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics