Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
How did your kids do asking Ma Nishtana?

rainbow baby

Post Thu, Apr 05 2007, 7:57 pm
BH all three boys asked the Ma Nishtana this year. My three year old learnt the first question and he was really cute. My nearly five year old asked it in Yiddish which I think is always very hard for the children especially when we are not Yiddixh speakers. Anyway he did really well and only needed a few pointers. But my nearly seven year old, well what can I say I've never seen him like this. He was oosing confidence he stood up and asked the Ma Nishtana so fantasticly it was beautiful. He has changed so much this year he has become so confident it's amazing. Maybe he is just growing up but we were both so proud of all three boys.

So how did your kids do?

mumoo

Post Thu, Apr 05 2007, 8:03 pm
Three yr. dd did it with big sister coaching; she knew it pretty well. One did it in Yiddish, one in Spanish, one set of 3 boys did it as a choral production, one did straight Hebrew and one boy sang the stilted English translation to the traditional tune (very funny)

shanie5

Post Thu, Apr 05 2007, 8:09 pm
two did hebrew and english, one did hebrew, english and yiddish, one did his own english version, 1 just read them and one made it an english/yiddish yeshivish shayla.

one year dd did it in sign language...........

Mitzvahmom

Post Thu, Apr 05 2007, 8:30 pm
First Seder my 4 year old did fine, with his sister crying that she wanted to do it also...

So we heard it twice

Second night all three children were quiet...lol

Flowerchild

Post Thu, Apr 05 2007, 8:37 pm
my 3 year old did in hebrew all by himself, it was really cute, he loved it.

Raisin

Post Fri, Apr 06 2007, 5:40 am
My 5 year old son did it really cutely in front of 150 people.

2nd night, when there were less people, all the kids did it.

mimivan

Post Fri, Apr 06 2007, 7:18 am
It happened exactly the way I thought it would!!!

My 3 year old was singing ma nishtana since Purim around the house around the clock.

My husband led a seder at a retirement home, and when it came time to say ma nishtana, my son was just too shy! In front of all those people, he wouldn't say it. But then, an elderly man told him to come over and "taught" him ma nishtana. It made the old man = feel reallly good, and what was nice is that my son seemed to be "learning" so fast!! LOL

withhumor

Post Fri, Apr 06 2007, 3:05 pm
My 2 yr old sang on queue, the entire tune of ‘tatte leben’ but kept repeating only one word ‘Leben Leben, Leben Leben, leben Leben” it went on for quite a while and nothing stayed left over from her cheeks for the second night.

Last edited by withhumor on Fri, Apr 06 2007, 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

greenfire

Post Fri, Apr 06 2007, 3:08 pm
hey it was fun in past years ... I guess everyone just said it ... I was the entertainment cause I said it in yiddish for them

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Apr 07 2007, 10:57 pm
Green, I never attempted that! Good for you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics