Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
With an outstretched hand ...
1  2  Next

what do you use for zeroah?
neck  
 62%  [ 17 ]
wing  
 22%  [ 6 ]
drumstick  
 7%  [ 2 ]
other  
 7%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 27

greenfire

Post Fri, Mar 30 2007, 12:10 pm
so what are you using for zeroah ... Lubavitchers use a neck cause this way nobody will be tempted to eat it for lack of meat and too many bones ... but others use a wing ... as in outstretched hand ... this year I will use one of each ... to celebrate my mix ...

I do not know how to make a poll ... so ...

Last edited by greenfire on Fri, Mar 30 2007, 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Mar 30 2007, 12:40 pm
I never saw a wing on any seder plate, but we used drumsticks as kids...and I got to eat it the 2nd night, I remembe liking that!!!!!

Green, it's not hard to make a poll....look about 2/3 of the way down on the page for the place to put in the question, etc.

Dini

Post Fri, Mar 30 2007, 12:43 pm
My parents use a wing or that tiny drumstick. don't know what my dh uses didn't take notice at him parents house maybe I'll check it out

greenfire

Post Fri, Mar 30 2007, 1:59 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
I never saw a wing on any seder plate, but we used drumsticks as kids...and I got to eat it the 2nd night, I remembe liking that!!!!!

Green, it's not hard to make a poll....look about 2/3 of the way down on the page for the place to put in the question, etc.

that's why Lub don't use it ... you are not supposed to eat it ... it is like ... korban ... or s/t ... although we eat matza zecher l'korban ... so I don't get it ...

greenfire

Post Fri, Mar 30 2007, 2:02 pm
I did it ... I did it ... I finallly made a poll!!!

brooklyn

Post Fri, Mar 30 2007, 2:23 pm
We use the traditional shank bone.

Squash

Post Fri, Mar 30 2007, 4:39 pm
Interesting, CM never saw a wing on the seder plate and I never heard of anyone using anything BUT a wing! Go figure. One of the perks of being an imamother addict.

Green, I don't know why, but I also remember that the second day we ate the wing (whoever callled first-or was confident they could win a fist fight! LOL )

rachel

Post Fri, Mar 30 2007, 5:21 pm
Oy! Forgot to buy one. Lemme add it to my list right now. Thanks for reminding me. Btw, can't remember which part we use embarrassed . Guess I'm too tired Sad.

ny21

Post Fri, Mar 30 2007, 5:41 pm
nice work on your poll- I hope you will make more.

greenfire

Post Fri, Mar 30 2007, 7:19 pm
thank you thank you ... it only took me 4 months ... believe me I have tried and tried ... but today my head finally said okay do it!!!

Ima'la

Post Sat, Mar 31 2007, 3:12 pm
We use a chicken wing...my family always used a shankbone and I had never heard of using anything else...but first year I made Pesach, we asked the butcher for a shankbone. My mother always got it free if she was buying other stuff. Well, he said, sure, it comes with the rest of the lamb, that'll be 200 NIS! No thanks! So I called my mother in a panic and she told me I could use a wing or drumstick, but that she would prob. use a wing - more like z'ro'a - so that's what we do. Less meat wasted that way, too. Don't know if you can eat it or not, but my mother said she wouldn't let a/o eat it anyway b/c it was sitting out so long (for the whole seder - and 2 sedarim in america by her!)

bashinda

Post Sat, Mar 31 2007, 9:56 pm
I grw up with shankbone too but it's easy to get a neck because they almost always come with the chickens I get.

ny21

Post Sat, Mar 31 2007, 9:57 pm
greenfire wrote:
thank you thank you ... it only took me 4 months ... believe me I have tried and tried ... but today my head finally said okay do it!!!
kuddos!

withhumor

Post Sat, Mar 31 2007, 10:15 pm
I’m pretty sure we also eat the mini-pulka the second night.

greenfire

Post Sat, Mar 31 2007, 10:21 pm
withhumor wrote:
I’m pretty sure we also eat the mini-pulka the second night.

you know that is part of the wing ... right?

withhumor

Post Sat, Mar 31 2007, 10:46 pm
no, a pulka is a foot, duh!

Ima'la

Post Sun, Apr 01 2007, 3:08 am
so what's a "mini-pulka"? from a mini-chicken?

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Apr 01 2007, 3:24 am
the mini-pulka is the joint attached to the chicken breast.

we generally use a turkey neck.

And I always learned you're not allowed to eat the zroah because it represents Korbah Pesach.

greenfire

Post Sun, Apr 01 2007, 5:54 am
withhumor wrote:
no, a pulka is a foot, duh!

what does that mean duh?
it is not a foot ... it is half the wing ... hence "mini" pulka ... it looks like the pulka/drumstick ...

Squash

Post Mon, Apr 02 2007, 2:03 am
Duh I must agree with Greenel here. Duh. What are we now, seventh grade? Duh.

And the zroah DOES represent the korban pesach, that's why we never ate it on seder night, but only the next morning, the second day of yom tov (the korban pesach was eaten on seder night).
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics