Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
What's your excuse??
1  2  Next

What are you doing on imamother so close to Pesach??
I'm going away (thank goodness)  
 17%  [ 8 ]
I'm done!!!! Iy''h by you...  
 8%  [ 4 ]
I need a break  
 35%  [ 16 ]
I'm just lazy- It will all get done by the last minute possible  
 22%  [ 10 ]
Other- describe below  
 15%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 45

Basya

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 11:01 am
What are you doing on imamother so close to Pesach- why aren't you cleaning/cooking?????

Okay. I'll start- Baruch Hashem I will be away for the whole Pesach- so I don't have to clean!!!

lotte

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 11:05 am
I am home!not going anywhere!
Haven't started cooking-we only eat fresh here!
I guess I can do it all..prepare the house..work..eat some chocolate..(not coc moussses...lol LOL )and spend some time here at imamother!
A mechaye!

Mitzvahmom

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 11:10 am
humm... let's see I typically stay up until about midnight studying for an exam that is today!! Cleaning finishing laundry etc...

Currently I am at work, because well someone has to pay the bills. Does it drive me crazy that it's dead quiet at work?!?! And I could be home cleaning with out the kids, oh yeah!!!

But must pay the bills, life is life.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 11:41 am
I am going away, but I did make my house pesach'dig and I'm done. Didn't start packing though and we're leaving this afternoon.

shopaholic

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 11:48 am
I'm home for Pesach, didn't start cooking yet but the kitchen is all ready. I'm at work so that's why I'm online.

S.Shcwartz

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 12:01 pm
First of all, I dont need an 'excuse' to be here thank you. Second of all... yeah, I'm done IYH by you!

greenfire

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 12:31 pm
I'm just crazy ... and addicted ... so I voted "other" hee hee ha ha ho ho ... they're coming to take me away ...

cindy324

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 12:48 pm
I'm done, too , except for the kitchen that needs to be covered up. Waiting for DH to bring home those countertops. Will get everything covered on Motzei shabbos, and will start cooking on Sunday.

shayna82

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 12:51 pm
Almost done:

mop the first floor- living room and dining room- my husband is doing that tommorow

kasher the sink and oven- saturday night

cover the counters- saturday night-

cook- sund, mond

AND THATS ALL FOLKS

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 12:55 pm
I'm supposed to be in front of the computer right now b/c I'm working.

On monday my workload was very light, so I cleaned most of the kitchen, but now I have tons of work to finish before pesach.

poelmamosh

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 12:59 pm
DD's gotta nurse, you know!
pesach prep right on schedule BH.

Kasher and Freilichen to all!

downsyndrome

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 2:06 pm
Took a break cuz the muscles in the back of my neck are in agony!!
I can't believe what I am reading here - who is doing something wrong - you guys or me? I have been cooking my head off for two days already and I am nowhere near done.
On Tuesday I cooked 50 QUARTS OF CHICKEN SOUP!!!
Tuesday night I left a french roast simmering all night on the stove.
Yesterday I cooked: two chicken rolls, veal stew, minute steak, flanken, pot of potatoes, sauteed around 15 onions, baked two cakes, mixed 9 lbs. of falscha fish mixture
Today I baked 4 cakes, just put up a 16-qt. pot of compot, then comes the cooking of the falscha fish, cooking Shabbos fish, slicing yesterday's roasts, cooking supper (ran out of frozen dinners already!) and whatnot!!!
How do you guys do it that you can pull your yom tov food togeether in one or two days?

jewgal84

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 2:08 pm
Practically done beside kitchen counter tops and cooking.

Side note, just curious, to all those who are on-line, at work, are you getting payed for those hours even though there isnt much work to do at the office.

S.Shcwartz

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 2:12 pm
down, calm down... We're only a family of four. I'm actually only cooking for dh and me..so what is there to cook already? Of course ur busy...ur cookin for an army aren't you Kah.Ur amazing u cooked so much. Btw that roast shmeichelt tzi mir, can u share the recipe and explicit instructions please? (I'm already using ur cake recipe!)

downsyndrome

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 2:21 pm
S.Schwartz -
That cow was killed already - ess ken shoin nisht shmeichlen.
I did it very simply - I sauteed some onions in oil, dropped the roast in, let it simmer over the sautee' for a coupla' minutes, then added water enough to cover the roast, salt and black pepper, and let it cook all night. In the morning, I took some of that gravy off in a container, lifted out the roast, placed in fridge, soon will put in freezer for 1/2 hour, then will slice and freeze for yom tov. When I will want to serve it, I will place the slices in a pan and pour the gravy over it. Very simple yet tasty. I know many people cook with wine, especially on Pesach, but my family is not very wine-y. They do like to whine, though!!!

Coke Slurpee

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 2:29 pm
I'm working- It's a great excuse 8)

MommyLuv

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 2:33 pm
My excuse is-I think I have ADD!!!!

I cant stick to one task for too long...I do it in shifts Surprised

TzenaRena

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 3:08 pm
I take a break when my helping hands are taking one. I need a gofer at my side to get things done. okay, I'm getting back to work. My dd is gonna help!

Ruchel

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 3:21 pm
I'm lazy, and my family wouldn't let me do anything since I've had a baby recently.

S.Shcwartz

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 8:57 pm
[/quote]That cow was killed already - ess ken shoin nisht shmeichlen.
Quote:

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

I needed that laugh thank you.

thanx for giving me recipe and explicit instructions, 'preciate it. Thumbs Up I guess I'll do that and add some wine. By the way what roast is good? I had no clue and bought the 'chuck eye'...does that make any sense? Confused
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics