Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Spinoff- Supper ideas for a year!
  Previous  1  2  3   12  13  14  Next

OutATowner

Post Tue, Dec 17 2013, 8:29 pm
Are there specific guidelines for the recipes? I can post my "go to" recipes but they're not ones that I made up. Just tried and true.

sunny90

Post Wed, Dec 18 2013, 12:59 am
I'm sending mine in today iyH

wispalover

Post Wed, Dec 18 2013, 3:08 am
OutATowner wrote:
Are there specific guidelines for the recipes? I can post my "go to" recipes but they're not ones that I made up. Just tried and true.

this is fine. if you have a source, just please link to it.

So far, I am in the middle of week 9. If you are sending recipes and want to send an extra one this is fine. If you send me only one recipe I will email back asking for a week if possible. If you cannot do this, please note that I will just add your recipes to those who have sent me extra recipes to create a full week.

wispalover

Post Wed, Dec 18 2013, 3:19 am
shluchamom wrote:
Sorry if I'm late but what is required to join? One nights supper or a whole week worth of suppers?

a week worth of supper, with menus.

If you are starting fresh, my preferred format is like this. If you want to do soup/main/side, soup/main, main/salad, main/side or even a filling stew main that would be great.

Title

Ingredients:

Method:

blossoming

Post Wed, Dec 18 2013, 5:00 am
Let me know when you need my graphic design help. Thanks for taking care of this, wispalover.

sped

Post Wed, Dec 18 2013, 6:00 am
Do you need specific recipes or can they be more in the "method" format. I mean, when I make spaghetti in sauce, I just throw some stuff together and taste.

wispalover

Post Wed, Dec 18 2013, 6:31 am
sped wrote:
Do you need specific recipes or can they be more in the "method" format. I mean, when I make spaghetti in sauce, I just throw some stuff together and taste.

I have taken both, but I really think it is better with recipes spilled out, even if it is:

ingredients:

1lb cooked spaghetti
jar of your favourite sauce
8oz shredded cheese etc..

method:
mix all together.
bake at 350

blossoming

Post Wed, Dec 18 2013, 6:46 am
wispalover wrote:
sped wrote:

I have taken both, but I really think it is better with recipes spilled out, even if it is:

ingredients:

1lb cooked spaghetti
jar of your favourite sauce
8oz shredded cheese etc..

method:
mix all together.
bake at 350

I agree - the whole point is to make the whole making food process easier. Them more necessary details the better.

sunny90

Post Wed, Dec 18 2013, 7:45 am
Okay I sent mine in, most of it is according to that format. Except for maybe vegetable soup, where I wrote the basic idea of how I make it.
Were we supposed to do Shabbos menus too? I did. Rolling Eyes
Also, will you be crediting the people who send in the menus? Like ra_mom's week, sarahd's week etc. I think that might make it more memorable in a way, like oh yeah that was her recipe!
Will the format be recipes organized and then the weekly menus at the end with the page numbers of the recipes? Or just a week at a time?
Sorry for all the questions just curious! This is a great idea!

wispalover

Post Wed, Dec 18 2013, 11:29 am
sunny90 wrote:
Okay I sent mine in, most of it is according to that format. Except for maybe vegetable soup, where I wrote the basic idea of how I make it.
Were we supposed to do Shabbos menus too? I did. Rolling Eyes
Also, will you be crediting the people who send in the menus? Like ra_mom's week, sarahd's week etc. I think that might make it more memorable in a way, like oh yeah that was her recipe!
Will the format be recipes organized and then the weekly menus at the end with the page numbers of the recipes? Or just a week at a time?
Sorry for all the questions just curious! This is a great idea!

Thank you. Ok to answer your q's.

No Shabbat menu are neccessary, but your extras help me fill up some weeks where people only sent in 1 or 2 recipes. So thank you!
I cannot credit people who send in the recipes because lots of people sent from an anonymous email. I assume because they wish to remain anonymous? Either way, I know you and sarahd but that is it of all the people who sent me stuff. And Balibusta of course.

As far as how it will be formatted- Harmony has kindly offered to put it together, so maybe she can answer?

real israeli

Post Wed, Dec 18 2013, 11:54 am
I sent a weeks menu! thanks!!

Iced Cappuccino

Post Thu, Dec 19 2013, 8:05 pm
Are you still looking for recipes? I have many weeks worth if you need.

sleepless mom

Post Thu, Dec 19 2013, 9:23 pm
I have for a week but didn't type it up yet can I do it on Sunday

chavzie

Post Thu, Dec 19 2013, 9:57 pm
Can I still join? Ill send them in motzei shabbos!

wispalover

Post Fri, Dec 20 2013, 12:11 am
Everyone is still welcome to join. I have lots of weeks left.

RachelEve14

Post Fri, Dec 20 2013, 12:53 am
OK I will try to send mine in tomorrow night or Sunday.

deena19k

Post Fri, Dec 20 2013, 4:20 am
Just need to finish typing it all up and I'll send mine in. Thanks

sarahd

Post Fri, Dec 20 2013, 5:27 am
wispalover, can you let us know when you have all the weeks filled in, so we won't have 100 posters asking if they can still join?

wispalover

Post Sat, Dec 21 2013, 3:16 pm
sarahd wrote:
wispalover, can you let us know when you have all the weeks filled in, so we won't have 100 posters asking if they can still join?

Yes. Until you hear otherwise the cookbook is still open.

granolamom

Post Sat, Dec 21 2013, 8:54 pm
I sent mine. Thanks for putting this together
Page 2 of 14   Previous  1  2  3   12  13  14  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus