Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
ISO food processor
1  2  Next

bashinda

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 7:26 am
I'm needing a food processor for pesach. what do you like, wich one makes a good kugel? I was thinkinf of getting a 9 cup kitchen aid because I like the 5 cup one I have for the year, but I notice that the blade doesn't grate the potatos as fine as I'd like.

Does anyone have the bigger models? Do they come with more of a variety of blades or would you reccomend another brand? Which makes the best kugel? I'd prefer to not buy bosch unless it's much better than other brands. Thanks!

ruthanne

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 7:35 am
I have the Magic Mill which has a special fine blade for kugels. I bought it for Pesach also b/c its a great food processor.

bashinda

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 7:38 am
ruthanne wrote:
I have the Magic Mill which has a special fine blade for kugels. I bought it for Pesach also b/c its a great food processor.

would it be too much to ask which model you got? thanks Smile

TzenaRena

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 8:00 am
I have the Braun, it's great, also has a fine kugel blade.

bashinda

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 9:26 am
hmm sounds like the only ones that have a kugel blade are german.

ruthanne

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 9:36 am
bashinda wrote:
ruthanne wrote:

would it be too much to ask which model you got? thanks Smile

I cant find the model no. But its 500watt for power. I dont think they make many models. Its a Jewish company AFAIK.

bashinda

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 12:53 pm
can't find info about either magic mill or braun. I probab;y will go with a kitchenaid or cuisinart then I guess. ooh although the magic mill is much cheaper. the 12 cup ka or cuisinart is $140-200 and this is less than $70. It's tempting but I wonder how durable it is. It's 9 cup not 12 cup but that's not too small. Hmm!

Oh, and thanks for the info, everyone Smile

Last edited by bashinda on Mon, Mar 19 2007, 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

shoy18

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 1:31 pm
I have the braun, it comes with a kugel blade, they sell them in all the heimishe electronic stores.

Helani

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 1:34 pm
From what I remember from last year, I was very happy with my Bosch compact mixer. One of the best parts was continuous feed shredder. It also had a blender and an excellent mixer for beating egg whites. I also liked the fact that one machine did all, and didn't take up a lot of counter or storage space.

iamawife

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 1:44 pm
I have da bruan its da best my dh uses this one for commercial too

bashinda

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 1:50 pm
Helani wrote:
From what I remember from last year, I was very happy with my Bosch compact mixer. One of the best parts was continuous feed shredder. It also had a blender and an excellent mixer for beating egg whites. I also liked the fact that one machine did all, and didn't take up a lot of counter or storage space.

sounds nice for non Pesach time but for Pesach, how much mixing do you do?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 2:03 pm
Me, not a lot, so a $10 hand mixer was what I got when I first got married . . course my food processor was prob. 10 or 25 as well........

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 2:16 pm
I wouldn't spend so much, bas hinda. it's only used once a year and sometimes appliances don't store well.

something smaller is easier to store and costs less too. for kugel or salad or ice cream, you'll just empty the bowl a time or two, if it's small.

MOM222

Post Tue, Mar 20 2007, 10:37 am
I have a braun and I love it.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Mar 20 2007, 11:45 am
What's the big deal, BasHinda? Got to a store and buy one. What's your budget?

Helani

Post Tue, Mar 20 2007, 11:52 am
bashinda wrote:
Helani wrote:

sounds nice for non Pesach time but for Pesach, how much mixing do you do?

We go through at least one cake a day...including few days before Pesach. They all involve beating egg whites and mixing the dough.

bashinda

Post Tue, Mar 20 2007, 1:07 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
What's the big deal, BasHinda? Got to a store and buy one. What's your budget?

I like researching things thoroughly, cm. that doesn't mean necessarily it's a big deal but I like checking out all my options. I'm just that type of shopper I guess. I got interesting advice on the jewish-food group from Norene Gilletz who's a food writer. She says that she would go for the KitchenAid or Cuisinart and that I could get an extra blade for them but she wouldn't bother but that I shouldn't press hard on the feeding tube because that's what makes the strands coarser. You learn something every day. Amazon is having a sale on a 12 cup kitchen aid and I think that's what I'll get.

I haven't made a pesach cake so far either. I'm too scared it will be a complete flop.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Mar 20 2007, 1:07 pm
Helani, do you bake before and freeze, or bake fresh each day?

bashinda

Post Tue, Mar 20 2007, 5:57 pm
Okay here's what I got.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/produ.....54234

Helani

Post Tue, Mar 20 2007, 6:05 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
Helani, do you bake before and freeze, or bake fresh each day?

I try to make as much as I can before Yom Tov, to avoid any issues. It helps to have a huge freezer.
BTW, I just took my Bosch out (since I am due any day now I am doing everything extra early...and no, it's not fun to eat in the garage for two weeks before Pesach Wink )...but anyway, it also has a citrus juicer attachment if you're in a mood for some fresh lemonade or fresh squeezed orange juice.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars