Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
HOW DO I GET THESE CRAYONS OFF!!!!!!!
1  2  Next

lucy

Post Thu, May 19 2005, 7:57 pm
Am I the only one who finds this? I bought my daughter these washable crayola crayons for her to have fun expressing her creativity & for me to have an easy clean up when IF something gets crayoned on I won't be struggling to clean it. Well the creativity is BH being expressed, yet I'm not finding these crayons so washable. Infact in some cases it just doesn't come off!

Help So maybe someone can help me over here! My baby desided that she wants to show that she is picasso and color all over their Little Tykes table. HOW DO I GET THESE FLIPPEN CRAYONS OFF!!!!!!!

stem

Post Thu, May 19 2005, 8:20 pm
Use "The Magic Eraser" by Mr. Clean

IndyMom

Post Thu, May 19 2005, 9:01 pm
Yep, the magic eraser is amazing.

chavamom

Post Wed, May 25 2005, 1:39 am
If that doesn't work, try WD-40. The magic eraser works wonderfully, but not on 'nubby' surfaces (as I suspect your table might be). I think the WD-40 will do the trick there.

Post Wed, May 25 2005, 4:08 pm
I read this thread yesterday, and thought to myself, "b"H my daughter only colors on paper, and occasionally, herself..." well, this morning, I walk into the kitchen and there are red crayon scribbles on my floor... oh, how lovely! I'll be scrubbing tonight, so I'll let you know what (if anything) worked!

imaof7

Post Wed, May 25 2005, 8:21 pm
Magic eraser works wonders!

lucy

Post Wed, May 25 2005, 10:08 pm
Thank you all for your replies. What is this magic eraser? I've never heard of it.

Chavamom: my table is not rubbery, it's hard plastic

imaof7

Post Wed, May 25 2005, 10:27 pm
It's made by Mr.Clean and it's in the cleaning supply area in the super. It has 2 sides and you wet it and rub it in the area to be remove and it "erases" the stain. You can use on walls, countertop, kids tables, scuff marks on your tile floors,etc.

Lambqueen

Post Sat, May 28 2005, 10:24 pm
I have never tried it for crayons, but baking soda does wonders for all sorts of stains. Right now there is crayon on our painted wooden walls and I haven't yet tried, but I plan to make a little paste of baking soda and water, scrub it on, and see what happens.

chavamom

Post Sat, May 28 2005, 10:32 pm
Nubby, not rubbery - has a bumpy surface.

micki

Post Sat, May 28 2005, 11:25 pm
I have this table- the little tikes with the fat chairs? this poor table has been colored on many many times- so when the table gets colored on with marker and crayon we do: antibacterial kitchen cleaner by lysol for the marker- works like a charm, and desolve it (its this oily cleaner made with orange also in the cleaning aisle- made also for stickers) for the crayon. first we do the desolve it, then vthe lysol the desolve it is oily so the lysol gets off the oil residue plus the marker.
and my table is still spanking clean after 6 years!!!
try it.

queenie

Post Thu, Jun 16 2005, 12:06 am
Vim, it takes off everything. So does Fantastic. Fantastic is also great for cleaning gold and diamonds. Hot water and fantastic and boil up your jewelry and tada!! Sparkling clean.

proudmom

Post Thu, Jun 16 2005, 9:32 am
Lucy, check out this thread

http://www.imamother.com/forum.....?t=81

Didi

Post Fri, Jun 17 2005, 3:59 pm
Fantastic and a little steal wool takes the crayons out

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sat, Jun 18 2005, 11:37 pm
ps call and complain to the company... Smile (they may even send you a new package!) blech, that'll help right?

lucy

Post Sat, Jun 25 2005, 11:52 pm
Hi everyone.... well I got the magic eraser and it's great. Highly recommend, but I do find it is a bit expensive, no?

chavamom

Post Sun, Jun 26 2005, 12:47 am
If it's just crayon, one can of WD-40 goes a long way. But the magic eraser gets out lots of other stuff too.

supermom

Post Sun, Jun 26 2005, 6:12 am
what is WD-40?

chavamom

Post Sun, Jun 26 2005, 7:13 am
It's not a cleaning product, but a spray can of something that is used to loosen sticky bolts, frozen locks, etc. However, it disolves crayon too.

supermom

Post Sun, Jun 26 2005, 8:57 am
thanks
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry