Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
How did you survive Yom Kippur?

Yc18

Post Sat, Sep 25 2004, 8:56 pm
I, for one, had a terrible morning. I was up from 3:30 am (thats what happens when you go to sleep early) and never went back to sleep. around 10:00 though, both kids took a nap so I was able to rest till 12:45.
then I had to take care of them, feed them, dress them etc, make sure they didnt get into trouble. but overall it wasnt as bad I expected. I was expecting to faint or have a blasting headache, but B"H I didnt. I made sure to nurse only 3 times during the day so I wouldnt get dehydrated. levi went to shul for mincha till the end of the fast so that was a huge help for me. Dovi at the last hour was very kvetchy so I lay with him on the couch, humming to him to keep him quiet, I just didnt have energy to get up and entertain him. I was able to daven shmoneh esrai at least for all davenings except musaf, so I'm happy with that.
how did everyone do?

Rochel Leah

Post Sat, Sep 25 2004, 9:13 pm
bh, my fast wasnt also as bad as expected. I was able to go to sleep when the baby napped for a half hour. then one of my sis in laws came and I went to shul, made it for mussaf and unesane toikef.... I came home and then my 13 yr old brother in law came( I didnt even ask, he came on his own wanting to play with his nephew) so I was able to lay down then , later afternoon was ok though I got a splitting headache- still have it. the last hour was the hardest though, cuz sz got his finger stuck in his pop up toy, and cried for twenty minutes after I got it out...- nothing helped and then he banged his forehead on the chair.... but my hubby surprised me and came home earlier then I thought he would and we had a nice seuda etcc.....

zuncompany

Post Sat, Sep 25 2004, 9:20 pm
B"H my fast went better than I could expect. Yes, I am worn out and was a bit dizzy by the end. However my milk rocked! Tev was wonderful and had very pishy diapers the whole time. Also he wanted to nurse about 6:30 and I was like how will I do it. I thought, trust in H-shem and it will be okay! So, I did and wow! I had so much milk that he was chocking on it. I saw it and it was nice and thick still! YAY!!! B"H he seems very satified and was happily sleeping away with one of those milk induced grins until a few moments ago. Now that I have had food I feel much better! I am so engorged (drank a whole poweraide and 16 oz of water as soon as hubby was done with hafdalah!). Zu however refused to nap all day. Plus he heard hubby come home from shul and was up until 1am! Ahhhhhhhh! B"H hubby gave him breakfast (okay, not really, but not his fault. zu refused all food but lekock and water the whole day) and let me sleep until he had to go to shul.
sara

proudmom

Post Sat, Sep 25 2004, 10:31 pm
BH I had a good fast. My kids for the first time were wonderful. I was a little light headedness, no headaches BH. When my son and my 4 month old took a nap I took one too. My oldest daughter let me sleep for 2 1/2 hours. She played in the other room quietly. She didnt get into any trouble. I hardly had to feed my 4 month old because my milk supply kicked in so much. She was very satified. Have a haapy and healthy year to all of you

Ozmom

Post Sun, Sep 26 2004, 12:24 am
AWFULL

Pickle Lady

Post Sun, Sep 26 2004, 2:42 am
Aww.. ozmom I hope it wan't that bad.

Well mine was ok. B"H my husband and I stayed and my aunt and uncle chabad house. I was able to leave my baby with him during minch and neilah. I was really tired by the end. But I survived. Hashem didn't want me to be in comfort and I wasn't so that ok. Davening I really didn't do. That just wasn't happening.

deedee

Post Sun, Sep 26 2004, 2:49 am
B'H it seemed to go by very quickly. everyone went to shul and I stayed home with baby. I actually got to daven! I made some bottles b-4 Y'T so I wouldnt get to dehydrated from nursing. when hubby came home he blew the shofar for me.
I think it was actually the easiest fast I ever had-crazy, huh! I think not having to walk to shul made a big diffrence.
what ever our expieriences were, Hashem should answer all our prayers and we will all be together in E"Y next year!!!!!!

Chanie

Post Sun, Sep 26 2004, 10:23 pm
I planned for a few days how I could possibly survive Yom Kippur. Tishe B'av was a dissaster. And I was only starting my 6th month. Now I am in my 8th month of pregnancy, so I feared the worst. I arranged with my sister-in-laws ahead of time to come over after my sons nap, so that I can rest in the afternoon. I took my son to shul with me for Shacharis, and he was actually pretty well dehaved, although he did run back and forth between my husband and myself, and he did find joy in ripping the tablecloths. I did sort of lose it trying to take him home after krias hatorah.... it took over 1/2 hour, and the shul (when I davened in a pizza shop actually - weird consideing it was yom kippur) was less then a block away.
After that Dovid slept until my sister-in-laws arrived... but I never actually laid down, and I was well, except for being very weak, which could be expected. So all in all I actually had an okay fast.

micki

Post Mon, Sep 27 2004, 12:04 am
mine was awful. I was in bed the whole time (doctors orders) I got very sick beforehand and with the medication I was taking I had to stay in bed...
B"H my parents and sisters were AMAZING and did everything. but I have to give my kids some credit, they were pretty good!

Nechama

Post Sun, Oct 03 2004, 3:28 am
I had my second (in my married life) non nursing and not pregnant YK LOL. I had a great fast. Thanks for asking.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics