Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Chabad baby present animals

amother

Post Wed, Mar 20 2013, 6:54 am
A Chabad, friend of mine just gave birth and I'd like to send her a gift through Amazon. I looked through all the mobiles and play mats and they all have animals. Could a Chabad woman please let me know if there are any nice baby toy gifts that have no animals. Thanks so much!

abaker

Post Wed, Mar 20 2013, 8:16 am
http://www.amazon.com/Mitzvah-.....2RU76 not sure if this is what you have in mind.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 20 2013, 9:00 am
Thank you, I had this one for one of my kids and it was pretty boring. Do you know of any other baby toys without animals?

Simple1

Post Wed, Mar 20 2013, 9:14 am
Are you sending it directly? If not, you can buy a few rattles and key rings, etc. enough of them to meet your price range and package it together nicely. Maybe read reviews, the best little toys are the ones that are easy to hold and make a noise (some are not noisy enough.)

What about other gift ideas? Bibs and onesies can be appreciated even (and even more so) when it's not the first child, and the old stuff gets a bit worn.

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Mar 20 2013, 9:32 am
I'm not Chabad but I'm pretty sure they only assur non-kosher animals, so you may want to get some clarity on that. There are some kosher animal play mats and mobiles and I've linked to a few:

Ducky play mat

Lamb mobile

Giraffe play mat (not sure how Chabad paskens on giraffes!)

Cow play mat

egam

Post Wed, Mar 20 2013, 10:02 am
Here some toys without non kosher animals

5 in 1 gym

More gym

ABC mat

Baby blocks

Ball ramp

Giraffe

Cow

cs1

Post Wed, Mar 20 2013, 10:04 am
What are you looking to get and how much do you want to spend?

I have the fisherprice snugabunny set. I have the chair and mat. The chair is totally kosher except for a little bunny that can be left in the bos, and the mat needs a few small links replaced. I love this set as it is in my dining room and it sets a peaceful tone. Im not looking for pink clowns...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/.....snuga

There is also the evenflo excersaucer which is totally kosher even it is at the beach(I have had my eye on it for a while but still debetaing on the health aspect...)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/.....=SL75

Then there are cosleepers, baby bag (which she can exchange of she doesnt like it..)
Or you can give her a gift certificate to a baby store.
I really appreciated it when people asked me what I wanted within a price range and bought it for me. This way the big swing and mat was something within my taste, not my friends. ..

bigsis144

Post Wed, Mar 20 2013, 10:55 am
Ducks are kosher -- you could probably find a bath toy/towel set.

I'm not Lubavitch, but Lubavitch friends of family gave us this teething/squeaky toy, which DS loved:

http://www.amazon.com/Vulli-So.....DSLOG

amother

Post Wed, Mar 20 2013, 11:28 am
Wow! Thanks so much everybody for all your ideas! I'm looking through them.

marina

Post Fri, Jul 19 2013, 1:38 am
Personally, I love musical toys for babies or soft blocks/ pyramids or even those cloth books- anything colorful and fun that they can put in their mouth. It should be something entertaining enough that they will try to reach it and develop their fine-motor skills.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics