Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
The creases on a tallis

Yael

Post Mon, May 09 2005, 2:40 pm
I'm in the middle of ironing my husbands tallis, and he asked me to iron the creases back into it, but I dont know which way the creases go. does anyone know if the first fold goes tassels together or not? I cant ask him now and I want to finish it up already. if someone could ask their husband I'd really appreciate it!

supermom

Post Mon, May 09 2005, 2:49 pm
your husband doesn't know?

Yael

Post Mon, May 09 2005, 2:53 pm
he's not home and I cant ask him. he told me that I'll see the crease and I should just follow it. but I dont see it!!!!

supermom

Post Mon, May 09 2005, 2:58 pm
maybe you ironed them out by mistake!!!

proudmom

Post Mon, May 09 2005, 3:25 pm
why dont you just bring it to the cleaners? If you bring his kapatta into clean his tallis is for free. If you want more info let me know.

Yael

Post Mon, May 09 2005, 3:51 pm
I cant bring it to the cleaners cuz it wont be ready before he has to daven again in the morning. is there any cleaners that does it the same day so you get it back that same night?

anyway I already washed it and ironed and starched it so now its just hanging over the ironing table waiting to get folded so I can put the crease in.
actually I washed it before pesach and ironed it too. but it turned out that I did the crease the wrong way, so now I re-ironed it flat.

proudmom

Post Mon, May 09 2005, 3:57 pm
Just wait for your husband to come home and let him help you with the creases

Sunshine

Post Mon, May 09 2005, 4:43 pm
Where are there creases in a talis? How do you wash a talis doesn't it ruin with water?

Yael

Post Tue, May 10 2005, 9:55 pm
I ended up calling my brother-in-law and he couldnt remember so he opened up his tallis and guided me fold by fold. I never thought I would ever learn how to fold a tallis but now I know!!
and now I see where I went wrong the first time b/c the first fold is not the more obvious first fold (like if you were folding a sheet)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry