Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
'Runaway Bride'
1  2  3  4  Next

avigayil

Post Thu, May 05 2005, 2:57 pm
I was amazed to hear the end to the 'missing bride' story.
Apparently, there are a few brides and grooms who chicken out days before the event.
Has anyone here known this to happen to anyone they know?

Sunshine

Post Thu, May 05 2005, 9:00 pm
Maybe she got stage fright with the thought of 600 guests Confused

girliesmommy

Post Fri, May 06 2005, 9:18 am
Am I the only one who doesn't know what you're talking about? I really try to keep up with all the US news, but I guess some things don't make it to the internet headlines. Anyone care to enlighten me?

gryp

Post Fri, May 06 2005, 9:43 am
this is the only thing the news was talking about recently. I think its a little pathetic, and some people will do anything for attention... Rolling Eyes

supermom

Post Sat, May 07 2005, 3:40 pm
could someone tell me what is going on from the begining I am confused. Confused

sarahd

Post Sat, May 07 2005, 6:24 pm
I was at a wedding when I was in 6th or 7th grade where the kallah disappeared in the middle of the kabolas ponim. She was discovered around 15-20 minutes later walking down Eastern Parkway with her therapist, who was talking her into going through with the wedding.

My husband knows someone who didn't show up at all to his wedding--he was on a plane to Barcelona. He told his brother he was going to the Kosel to daven and instead he went to the airport and took the first plane out No one knew where he was for ages.

sarahd

Post Sat, May 07 2005, 6:25 pm
Oh, BTW, the story is that a bride disappeared right before her wedding and they thought she had been kidnapped. It turned out that she developed cold feet.

supermom

Post Sun, May 08 2005, 2:17 am
whoa I didn't realize that people have such bad cold feet to actually run away or even better get on the next plane out to some hick town. shock I feel bad for not them but their chassan or kallah waiting at the hall for them and they never show up

Rivka

Post Mon, May 09 2005, 2:27 pm
Sounds like The Wedding Singer.
I didn't know so many people did this, I don't understand why they don't just cancel the wedding, it'll save so much confusion and worry for the everyone else.

stem

Post Mon, May 09 2005, 2:33 pm
I heard of a couple who escaped from a window in the yichud room, leaving all the guests at the wedding wondering what was going on for hours! shock

supermom

Post Mon, May 09 2005, 2:39 pm
now that is immature or something and strange Confused wonder who's idea was it to jump out of the window

supermom

Post Mon, May 09 2005, 2:42 pm
were was this wedding located?

queen

Post Mon, May 09 2005, 2:53 pm
over yom tov someone JUST told me about a frum girl who canceled the DAY OF THE WEDDING!

my sister in law overlapped at the park simultaneously with this 'future' bride and overheard this girl's future sister in laws telling her all the negative sides of being married. no wonder she backed down. AND how stupid could people be! a kallah has ENOUGH nerves to handle prewedding.... no need to add more!

supermom

Post Mon, May 09 2005, 2:57 pm
possibly they didn't like her so they figured a way to get rid of her before she got married. Rolling Eyes

miriam

Post Tue, May 10 2005, 12:39 am
BTW, the news story is a bit more complicated, just to fill you guys in. She ran away and called the police to say she was kidnapped. Because she lied, the police want to sue her. She got her self into some hot water. Check it out
http://www.suntimes.com/output......html

supermom

Post Tue, May 10 2005, 1:16 am
it doesnt say anything about police want to sue her.

Pearl

Post Tue, May 10 2005, 9:40 am
one of my sil's found out some nasty sides to her future husband's character, and called the whole thing off, 4 weeks be4 the wedding. now with the dress, hall and everything already taken care off + the "social pressure" that was a very brave thing to do! she really saved herself!

supermom

Post Tue, May 10 2005, 2:58 pm
brave? or the right thing to do to save herself any disappiontments later on that she wouldn't have the guts to leave or get a divorce.

Pearl

Post Wed, May 11 2005, 3:27 am
yes, brave!
this is a very violant person, who would have treated her very badly. she is not young anymore, and really wants to build a family. she could be such an eshet chayil, but not for such a man!

supermom

Post Wed, May 11 2005, 5:37 am
Hashem must really love her....

but why would she by any of a chance listen to all that was said didn't she think it was just a rumor or something?
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics